The Los Angeles Kings look bad

bouncesonly

May 1, 2014
San Diego
This has been going on since the run ups to the playoffs, the first round against Vegas, preseason, and the first 6 game of this season. You don’t need another 75 games to realize a change is needed.

Reactions: dukeofjive

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
I was saying all offseason that people were sleeping on the Kings in terms of being a sneaky bad team. They've won a total in one playoff game in the last four seasons. A few of their players had huge seasons or bounceback seasons last year and they still were only a fringe playoff team. If any of those players falter a bit, they are likely to fall out of the playoffs.

Now that said, I still wouldn't be shocked if they came back and made the playoffs, but in a tougher Pacific I think there's enough teams better than them that it'll be hard.

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
What's up with Quick? Seems like a shadow of his former self.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
But Connor McDonald?! :naughty:
Don't remember who but someone went into an important thread (probably the HART thread last year) and eased the tension by putting in his thoughts for Connor McDonald. It was pretty funny. Sometimes I try to do the same thing. Usually like here, it has minimal effectiveness haha.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Who's looked like their best player so far? I'd imagine its Kovalchuk? He's been scoring working with nothing.

I'm trying to decide whether I keep Dadonov or Kovalchuk for fantasy pool hmm

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Quick just got back, maybe needs more time. Doughty just signed his deal. Both got their Cups... but I guess people will say it's the locker room cancer Kovalchuk's fault.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Don't remember who but someone went into an important thread (probably the HART thread last year) and eased the tension by putting in his thoughts for Connor McDonald. It was pretty funny. Sometimes I try to do the same thing. Usually like here, it has minimal effectiveness haha.
Ah I see.

Must have missed that one.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
It’s really bizzare that guys like Lewis, Clifford, Martinez, Muzzin, Pearson, Toffoli, etc are all still on that team.

Do they plan on keeping all of those guys until they retire from the NHL? Because the time to move some of them was obviously in the last couple years

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I won't even go into too much detail because I've done plenty of that on our forum but I'll just say it's the coaching.

No one expects the Kings to be 'good', but even relative to expectations this is a complete shit show. Players have literally admitted they have no clue what they're doing, there's no confidence, there's no identity. We have the cockiest guy in the league on our team and even he is lost and wounded. Even our media, who is known for giving EVERYONE free passes, started ripping the org last night.

Something is gonna give and soon and I hope Buffalo feeds us a total f***ing drubbing on Saturday to affect change. They didn't even look this bad, defeated, and flat out disinterested before Terry Murray was fired.

Edit: The personnel obviously needs help too as @AngelDuck points out but they aren't lottery bad as is. Or shouldn't be, anyway.

Reactions: tny760

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
This all trickles back to Dean Lombardi and how he mortgaged the future for 2 cups. It seemed like a good idea at the time and winning cups is priceless but it resulted in the Kings having ZERO players coming up in the system that can make an immediate impact. Couple that with the fact he handed out $3M contracts like it was Halloween and we got a recipe for disaster

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Anyone commenting on Kovalchuk and him being washed up haven't actually watched a Kings game this season. There is a lot of bad on the Kings roster this year, but Kovy is the least of our worries.
big facts

this team is being coached into total ruin

the poster above that referenced stevens talking about how he's revamping the team for the faster NHL is seeing the problem for what it is. all talk from stevens and the coaching staff, absolutely no delivery

you have one of the most lethal one timers in kovalchuk on the power play, and we've seen him in that spot maybe once? otherwise quarterbacking from the blue line with doughty's trash one timer down in his spot.. stevens claims he's trying to confuse the other teams, he's just as confused himself. he needs to go, desperately.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
big facts

this team is being coached into total ruin

the poster above that referenced stevens talking about how he's revamping the team for the faster NHL is seeing the problem for what it is. all talk from stevens and the coaching staff, absolutely no delivery

you have one of the most lethal one timers in kovalchuk on the power play, and we've seen him in that spot maybe once? otherwise quarterbacking from the blue line with doughty's trash one timer down in his spot.. stevens claims he's trying to confuse the other teams, he's just as confused himself. he needs to go, desperately.

I will never forget that for as long as I will be a hockey fan.

Say all the right things all summer, we're bringing on Kovy to put him in the OV spot, our PP needs a boost, etc.

*Immediately rams Kovalchuk to the front of the net for tips.*

"Oh, we were just trying to confuse them."

I wanted Stevens gone the moment he said that smug ass line and every game since he's proved me right. Anyone watching the press conference last night, JS knows he's dead in the water. that's a dude with literally no answers just playing out the string.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad