Speculation: The looming glut of D-men-Who stays,plays,sits or goes

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
No, teams were trying to get him. No mention of Jackets willing to move him.

https://twitter.com/renlavoietva/status/441296161677516800

Lots of interests for D Jack Johnson. It will be interesting to see if Columbus will trade him by 3pm. #tvasports

It was never said by me that they were trying to move JJ... I simply stated that it was reported that they were in trade talks as in.. the Bruins had heavy interest in acquiring JJ.

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/bruins-blue-jackets-cooking-potential-deal

https://twitter.com/MurphysLaw74/status/440883309724192768?s=09

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
I would like to see us sell-high on one Tyutin or JJ as opposed to shipping off a Prout/Goloubef/Leopold and calling it a day. With an entire off season we could figure out a short term solution if trading Tyutin or JJ became a significant problem.

Most playoff teams would be interested in one of those two and the bidding could be huge. If we could get a 1st and a young player, you have to consider it.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
I feel like JJ/Tyuts would bring in more in the offseason than at the TDL but it might surprise us

I disagree completely. The minute this team steps into the offseason, it plans on being a playoff contender. We wouldn't trade them for futures. So between us asking for more in the offseason and us being interested in futures right now, its TDL or not at all.

Both are under contracts that are not unreasonable and are not rentals. I don't think they are likely to be moved, but if they were ever going to be it's at this deadline. Unless next year is a complete dumpster fire.

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
I would like to see us sell-high on one Tyutin or JJ as opposed to shipping off a Prout/Goloubef/Leopold and calling it a day. With an entire off season we could figure out a short term solution if trading Tyutin or JJ became a significant problem.

Most playoff teams would be interested in one of those two and the bidding could be huge. If we could get a 1st and a young player, you have to consider it.

I'm sick and tired of trading away veteran guys for youth and picks. We need a GM who is not just good at the draft but good at augmenting the roster with veterans. TB last night is good example guys like filpula(SP), Connolly, Morrow, Strahlman are nice adds that provide veteran depth and presence. The Isle did the same and are now rocking the east. The real problem here is that we keep moving guys up 1-2 lines from where they should normally slot. Neither Tyutin or Johnson should be a number 1-2 on a cup contending team.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
I'm sick and tired of trading away veteran guys for youth and picks. We need a GM who is not just good at the draft but good at augmenting the roster with veterans.

Not so much trading away veteran guys, but not replacing them if we do, hence selling Gabby and not replacing him into a playoff run, unacceptable IMO. Horton's career is done, he should have been replaced when we learned he couldnt even tie his shoes, that screamed im not playing hockey anytime soon. He'd be a complete moron to have gone through all this pain and time to finally get back to a normal life then to try and play pro hockey again and have to do it all over again, but it would happen again. JK gets a pretty low grade on putting the NHL team together, but then, we got an unproven GM as usual, so who knows what it will end up like, still seems to have training wheels on

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad