The Lines When Datsyuk & Co. Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Datsyuk will emensely improve our faceoffs. This is one of the main reasons why we got outshot so much. Our strength was faceoffs, now it is our weakness.

Larkin Z Abby
Richards D Pulkkinen
Nyquist Sheahan Tatar
Helm Glenny Ferraro

Kronwall Green
DeKeyser Ericsson
Quincey Smith/Kindl
Sorry, but this is pretty embarrassing. there is no way Pav is playing with Richards and Pulk on his wings.

aFish

blub blub blub
Jun 23, 2014
Ontario
Datsyuk will emensely improve our faceoffs. This is one of the main reasons why we got outshot so much. Our strength was faceoffs, now it is our weakness.

Larkin Z Abby
Richards D Pulkkinen
Nyquist Sheahan Tatar
Helm Glenny Ferraro

Kronwall Green
DeKeyser Ericsson
Quincey Smith/Kindl

Highly doubt Lando plays over Miller... and do you really want to see Quincey paired with Smith again? That's a dumpster fire I'd be pleased to never have to witness again.

Z40

High Compete Level
Feb 10, 2012
Detroit
Excluding Richards, Quincey, and Franzen, because there is no timetable for these three.

Abby-Z-Nyquist
Larkin-Datsyuk-Pulkinnen
Andersson-Sheahan-Tatar
Miller-Glendening-Ferraro
(Helm, Jurco)

I like Andersson better than Jurco or Helm at the moment. He has really improved his skating, his IQ is better, and he can PK. Helm is a shell of his former self. I would scratch him but that will never happen. I believe Ferraro is more useful than Helm or Jurco on the fourth line right now.

Kronwall-Green
DeKeyser-Ericsson
Smith-Marchenko

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I try to get Helm going by throwing our top line last season back together:

Abby-Z-Larkin
Helm-Datsyuk-Tatar
Nyquist-Sheahan-Pulk
Miller-Glendening-Ferraro/Jurco

Getting Helm going would be huge for 1) just flat out team depth and getting his wheels involved again and 2) trade value in case we somehow did happen to cross that bridge. Either way, the team is better off when he's making an impact, which he can still do.

With that being said there's a lot of lines I'm interested in. Larkin with Tatar and Datsyuk? Datsyuk and Zetterberg together again?

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I try to get Helm going by throwing our top line last season back together:

Abby-Z-Larkin
Helm-Datsyuk-Tatar
Nyquist-Sheahan-Pulk
Miller-Glendening-Ferraro/Jurco

Getting Helm going would be huge for 1) just flat out team depth and getting his wheels involved again and 2) trade value in case we somehow did happen to cross that bridge. Either way, the team is better off when he's making an impact, which he can still do.

With that being said there's a lot of lines I'm interested in. Larkin with Tatar and Datsyuk? Datsyuk and Zetterberg together again?

I was also thinking that the line of Tatar Helm and D should be reunited.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Highly doubt Lando plays over Miller... and do you really want to see Quincey paired with Smith again? That's a dumpster fire I'd be pleased to never have to witness again.

Maybe not, but we need some more righties. That was the idea, and Miller was not so good.
Quincey and Smith were bad because they played top 4. But if they Are the 3rd pair, they might be Ok .

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Larkin Z Abby
Richards D Tatar
Nyquist Sheahan Pulkinnen
Helm Glenny Miller/Ferraro/Jurco

Kronwall Green
DeKeyser Quincey
Smith/Kindl Ericsson

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Z/ Larkin/ Abby (till they don't dominate as good as they have)
Nyquist/ Datsyuk / Tatar
Pulk/Sheahan or Richards/ Sheahan or Richards
Helm/Glenden/Jurco

Kronner/Green,,Smith
Danny D/ Quincey,Green
Ericsson/Quincey,Kindl and whoever. Really this bottom pairing is a free for all. just scratch whoever is bad and play whoever has been playing good.

Mraz
Howie

Last edited:

Actual Thought*

Larkin Z Abby
Tats Pav Helm
Gus Richards Sheehan
Lando Glenda Miller

Pulks Jurco

Kronner Green
DDK Q
E Smith
Kindl
Marchy

In reality this combo will probably never be healthy all at the same time so just play the bodies that can stand upright.:laugh:

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
In the 1st intermission vs Bolts I think they said something like this team could not be assessed without Datsyuk. 100% correct.
I will wait til Bashill gets Datsyuk back and then I will make my opinion on Bashill and the team.
By then, just try to enjoy.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I don't think I have EVER seen anyone suggest moving Dekeyser up to the first pairing with Kronwall. Is there any reason in particular that this is just infeasible?

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
I don't think I have EVER seen anyone suggest moving Dekeyser up to the first pairing with Kronwall. Is there any reason in particular that this is just infeasible?

Makes the two other pairings look quite terrible when your two best defensemen on the first pairing. Maybe if we had another top defender to work with...

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Makes the two other pairings look quite terrible when your two best defensemen on the first pairing. Maybe if we had another top defender to work with...

And maybe because none of them is good on the right side.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Larkin - Zetterberg - Nyquist
Tatar - Datsyuk - Abdelkader
Richards - Sheahan - Pulkkinen
Miller - Glendening - Helm

Kronwall - Smith
DeKeyser - Green
Ericsson - Marchenko

I like Nyquist best with Z and Tatar best with Datsyuk.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Larkin - Zetterberg - Nyquist
Tatar - Datsyuk - Abdelkader
Richards - Sheahan - Pulkkinen
Miller - Glendening - Helm

Kronwall - Smith
DeKeyser - Green
Ericsson - Marchenko

I like Nyquist best with Z and Tatar best with Datsyuk.

I like the forward groupings. For defense, once everyone comes back, I'd roll with

Kronwall-Green
DDK-KFQ
Big Rig - Marchenko/Smith/Kindl/whoever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad