The Lines When Datsyuk & Co. Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
You're probably right. Even when he's not been 100% in the past though, he still seems to manage to keep a PPG pace somehow. And even if he doesn't produce at that clip, Pav at 50% is still a huge addition.

I actually think Pav might benefit from the longer break.

Abdelkader Zetterberg Nyquist
Tatar Datsyuk Helm
Larkin Richards Pulkkinen
Miller Glendening Sheahan

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
What do you think about Datsyuk with Larkin? He's worked well with Abby and Helm, and Larkin is basically an upgrade on both of them while still having similar characteristics. He can both pull and play the piano, essentially.

Maybe Abby-Z-Nyquist and Tatar-Dats-Larkin.

Huge fan of this. Tatar and Dtsyuk were great last year with Helm. Nothing against Helm, but Larky is definitely an upgrade there. If we roll these 2 lines, its pretty much like having 2 first lines. Then toss out Helm, Pulkkinen and Sheahan as a solid 3rd line too. What to do with Richards though?? I really hope he isnt the new Weiss/Legwand, but I wouldnt be surprised if he is exactly that when(IF) we get healthy.

Actual Thought*

Tatar Datsyuk Helm

He might if he were able to train. Unfortunately he wasn't. It is hard for any player to have a great season without a full healthy off season to prepare. It is an even taller order when you are 37.

Actual Thought*

Huge fan of this. Tatar and Dtsyuk were great last year with Helm. Nothing against Helm, but Larky is definitely an upgrade there. If we roll these 2 lines, its pretty much like having 2 first lines. Then toss out Helm, Pulkkinen and Sheahan as a solid 3rd line too. What to do with Richards though?? I really hope he isnt the new Weiss/Legwand, but I wouldnt be surprised if he is exactly that when(IF) we get healthy.

Richards has a remarkable track record for being healthy. I think he will be fine.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015

Tatar Datsyuk Helm

Wouldn't have a problem with that if the boys somehow manage to pull it together over the next week or so and the team is healthy otherwise

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Lets return to the Question in the OP.

Lets argue from the point of view that LARKIN has made the team no matter what. Which is probably pretty accurate.

Here is the Roster:

Datsyuk; Zetterberg
Nyquist; Tatar; Larkin; Pulkkinen; Abdelkader
Sheahan; Richards; Helm; Franzen
Miller; Glendening; Ferraro; Jurco; Andersson

If Franzen is not out for the full year. Who will we waive/Trade?

1) Andersson (we all agree there)
2) ????

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Andersson if far off from worst player on the roster. Ferraro looks more non-factor currently.

Zeta - Dats - Akader
Tatar - Richards - Pulu
Sheahan - Larkin - Nyquist
Miller - Glendening - Helm
(Jurco, Andersson)

Franzen LTIR
-----> Ferraro waived

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Andersson if far off from worst player on the roster. Ferraro looks more non-factor currently.

Zeta - Dats - Akader
Tatar - Richards - Pulu
Sheahan - Larkin - Nyquist
Miller - Glendening - Helm
(Jurco, Andersson)

Franzen LTIR
-----> Ferraro waived

Possibly but I still think that Andy gets waived before Lando, And I would switch Larkin and Richards pretty sure that Larkin will stay in the top 6.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Lets return to the Question in the OP.

Lets argue from the point of view that LARKIN has made the team no matter what. Which is probably pretty accurate.

Here is the Roster:

Datsyuk; Zetterberg
Nyquist; Tatar; Larkin; Pulkkinen; Abdelkader
Sheahan; Richards; Helm; Franzen
Miller; Glendening; Ferraro; Jurco; Andersson

If Franzen is not out for the full year. Who will we waive/Trade?

1) Andersson (we all agree there)
2) ????

Can Ferraro be sent back to GR?
Can we waive Ericsson or Smith? :naughty:

SunDin

Dec 22, 2008
whats the latest news om Pavel? Is he skating with the team full gear yet?

steafo

Sep 26, 2005
Michigan
Abdelkader - Z - Larkin
Sheahan - Datsyuk - Pulkinnen
Tatar - Richards - Nyquist
Helm - Glendening - Miller
Jurco/Ferraro

I would waive Andersson. Look for a trade for Jurco/Ferraro...even if it's a late pick just take it.
I feel like Pulu will be a good winger for Datsyuk. Someone who can just try to get open and doesn't need to hold on to the puck. I'm not comparing him to Brett Hull but someone with that play style. Sheahan can be the "big body" on that line. When Richards returns I would put him with Tatar and Nyquist, their speed will compensate for Richards lack of it.

Last edited:

aFish

blub blub blub
Jun 23, 2014
Ontario
Abby - Zetterberg - Larkin
Tatar - Dats - Pulu
Nyquist - Richards - Sheahan
Miller - Glendy - Helm
Jurco/Andy/Lando

Kronner - Smith
DDK - Green
Quincey - E
Kindl/Marchenko

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Datsyuk will emensely improve our faceoffs. This is one of the main reasons why we got outshot so much. Our strength was faceoffs, now it is our weakness.

Larkin Z Abby
Richards D Pulkkinen
Nyquist Sheahan Tatar
Helm Glenny Ferraro

Kronwall Green
DeKeyser Ericsson
Quincey Smith/Kindl

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Datsyuk will emensely improve our faceoffs. This is one of the main reasons why we got outshot so much. Our strength was faceoffs, now it is our weakness.

Larkin Z Abby
Richards D Pulkkinen
Nyquist Sheahan Tatar
Helm Glenny Ferraro

Kronwall Green
DeKeyser Ericsson
Quincey Smith/Kindl

What the hell has pulkkinen done to deserve a spot in the top 6 over Goose and Tats?

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
I thought Quincey had off-season surgery for bone-spurs... Strange he would have a problem with it again, not a good sign.

It's there other ankle apparently:

Kyle Quincey, out since Oct. 23 with a concussion, is symptom-free, but is bothered by an ankle injury. The injury is not to the ankle Quincey had bone spurs removed from last summer. He will be evaluated to determine if surgery is needed.

PureDust

Oct 28, 2013
SoCal
Abdelakder-Zetterberg-Nyquist
Tatar-Datsyuk-Larkin
Sheahan-Richards-Pulkkinen
Miller-Glendening-Helm

Kronwall-Green
Dekeyser-Quincey
Ericsson-Marchenko

Status
Not open for further replies.