GDT: THE LIGHTHOUSE Devils @ Kraken 1030pm ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I don't like that Mercer - Holtz - Timo line. I just don't. It feels like it's not working.

Well, Mercer is hot ass cheeks at center. The other 2 aren't the fastest either. It's just a line that's doomed from the start lol. Also Timo shoots everything he touches, Holtz needs a creator and find soft spots and Mercer, well, he's been in an absurd slump this year.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
one of these games from either of our goalies every other week and i'd probably be happy as a pig in shit, regardless of what the other games look like tbh

Reactions: My3Sons

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Transitioned from hfboards on my pc to hfboards on my phone while in bed, like any normal person
IMG_2488.gif

IMG_4935.gif

What u wearing

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Happy we got 2 points. As two people have said... Makes the loss to the sharks or CBJ a bit more palpable. I felt (in arena) we should have gotten more from both of those games.

So we stole one maybe. Awesome. Bout f***ing time. Will not complain about the shot disparity. We looked good for period 1 and 2. giving up 1 goal. Particularly good given how this season has gone.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I mean it's a correction from the Sharks game but let's hope Lindy doesn't rest on his laurels because he got bailed out from a goalie this year and still lets them know they can be better. Seattle's lack of finishing gave me 2013 Devils flashbacks, if any of you remember that awful season

Transitioned from hfboards on my pc to hfboards on my phone while in bed, like any normal person

That website is hell on earth on mobile lol

Reactions: Cheddabombs

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I mean it's a correction from the Sharks game but let's hope Lindy doesn't rest on his laurels because he got bailed out from a goalie this year and still lets them know they can be better. Seattle's lack of finishing gave me 2013 Devils flashbacks, if any of you remember that awful season

That website is hell on earth on mobile lol
Not if you pay for the sponsor! Its a breeze. I post everything on the mobile, even my GDTs

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm going to complain but. I'm pissed the isles have two less real wins than us and are still 2 points ahead of us because of 7 OTLs. I mean the rules are rules but clearly that is weak sauce.
I'm pretty sure they suck and aren't good.

I giggle every time I hear about how Lou is thinking about a coaching change and pulling the plug on Lambert lol.

Like the team is actually any good? I mean, at least wait until he's missed the playoffs first.

Classic Lou. Thinking he can try and pull that again after 2000 with Ftorek out and Larry Robinson in. That's assuming he actually was close to pulling the trigger on a coaching change, with Friedman suggested at some point a few weeks ago, after the fans chanting to fire Lambert and Cizikas saying they should stay home if they're going to chant that.

I don't think Lou has made many coaching changes this early in the season, other than the very obvious Johnny Mac one and DeBoer, but both of those were around Christmas. I do think he fired Schoenfeld in November, all the way back in 1988. And there were a couple in later January, like the end of Robinson's first tenure.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Pretty much everyone except the Nico line and Luke / Miller got caved in this game. The bottom 6 got manhandled.

Mercer at center has to stop.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey

I giggle every time I hear about how Lou is thinking about a coaching change and pulling the plug on Lambert lol.

Like the team is actually any good? I mean, at least wait until he's missed the playoffs first.

Classic Lou. Thinking he can try and pull that again after 2000 with Ftorek out and Larry Robinson in. That's assuming he actually was close to pulling the trigger on a coaching change, with Friedman suggested at some point a few weeks ago, after the fans chanting to fire Lambert and Cizikas saying they should stay home if they're going to chant that.

I don't think Lou has made many coaching changes this early in the season, other than the very obvious Johnny Mac one and DeBoer, but both of those were around Christmas. I do think he fired Schoenfeld in November, all the way back in 1988. And there were a couple in later January, like the end of Robinson's first tenure.

Almost every team behind them now now has more wins. Canes (3 three more wins) devils 2 more wins and caps even 1 more.

Anyway I'll return back to post 2005 NHL lol. Just ranting.

Let's bring it to Calgary next one...
Ok for real. Till tomorrow.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I'm going to complain but. I'm pissed the isles have two less real wins than us and are still 2 points ahead of us because of 7 OTLs. I mean the rules are rules but clearly that is weak sauce.

I pay no mind to them and the Flyers, the Devils should be higher than both teams come April. The Penguins are legit better than both metrics wise + roster wise but they just can't get out of their own way. A lot of 2012-2013 Devils from this year Pens's team.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Bottom 6 needs to get sorted out

Throwing smith in there throws everything out of alignment

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lazar is actually one of the better plugs we've had. Noesen was another good one, but he was still pretty young when we had him and he just couldn't really crack the Anaheim lineup when they were a bit deeper. He wasn't really a veteran then like Lazar is now.

I think having an underwhelming/busted 1st round pick is a much better option for the 4th line than what we used to see around the league and still see, but it's being phased out more and more.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami

The Schoenfeld firing in ‘89 was the earliest Lou has canned a coach. MacLean and Deboer got to the Christmas break. I can’t see Lou making a coaching change while the Islanders are in a playoff spot. Plus he still has to answer to ownership there. A lot of craziness in NJ with coaching changes happened after the point where he didn’t have to answer to anyone.

Reactions: Bleedred
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad