GDT: THE LIGHTHOUSE Devils @ Kraken 1030pm ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Schoenfeld firing in ‘89 was the earliest Lou has canned a coach. MacLean and Deboer got to the Christmas break. I can’t see Lou making a coaching change while the Islanders are in a playoff spot. Plus he still has to answer to ownership there. A lot of craziness in NJ with coaching changes happened after the point where he didn’t have to answer to anyone.
It was suggested several weeks ago that he would fire Lambert, but that talk has cooled down. It was probably around the time the Oilers fired Woodcroft.

I think they were on like a 6 or 7 game losing streak or something like that, then they went on like a 6 game streak of no regulation losses, which I think was broken by us.

crashline

What smells like, brother?
Feb 10, 2018
I'm going to complain but. I'm pissed the isles have two less real wins than us and are still 2 points ahead of us because of 7 OTLs. I mean the rules are rules but clearly that is weak sauce.

Shoutout to the pretender Fishsticks ...

Screen Shot 2023-12-08 at 7.01.56 am.png

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Lazar is actually one of the better plugs we've had. Noesen was another good one, but he was still pretty young when we had him and he just couldn't really crack the Anaheim lineup when they were a bit deeper. He wasn't really a veteran then like Lazar is now.

I think having an underwhelming/busted 1st round pick is a much better option for the 4th line than what we used to see around the league and still see, but it's being phased out more and more.

yes about lazar. same with vesey when he was here. he has a job to do. do it or f*** off.

andreas was useless because he couldn't do what was expected which made him a point of judgement from me....

i like this team. players will have ups and downs sure but i'm not losing my shit anytime soon.

that said... not a great win but im feeling good at least

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Again, I think Nemec has seen the last of the AHL.

It’s probably not how they drew it up, but at least in this case we don’t have to go into next year with yet another young rookie who we don’t know much about as one our D.

Don’t get me wrong, Luke has been great, but that was also something I remember being a question mark coming into the season. How we’ll be easing in a new, young rookie D in Luke. And he’s delivered.

But it doesn’t look like we’ll be going into next season worried about how Nemec will look, as it appears he’s probably here for the rest of this season.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
By the way, I hated the Nemec pick the second it was made, but I think I went 180 within just a few minutes.

I’m not saying he’ll definitely be the best player from that draft, but I am getting the feeling he’ll be better than Slafkovsky and Wright. That could change, but I think he’s already better than them. Different positions, yes, but I don’t remember them ever looking this good.

That said, maybe he wouldn’t have looked good had he played in the NHL straight out of the draft like those two did.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
By the way, I hated the Nemec pick the second it was made, but I think I went 180 within just a few minutes.

I’m not saying he’ll definitely be the best player from that draft, but I am getting the feeling he’ll be better than Slafkovsky and Wright. That could change, but I think he’s already better than them. Different positions, yes, but I don’t remember them ever looking this good.

That said, maybe he wouldn’t have looked good had he played in the NHL straight out of the draft like those two did.
The 2022 Draft thread will always be such hilarious Devils HFBoards lore to me. I was surprised by the pick, but Nemec was always a legit prospect.

Many, and I mean many were acting as if it was a wasted and horrible pick right from the jump. His development has gone super well.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

wright dropped from pre-draft rankings and predictions... slafkofsky and juricek and nemec were on the board.

i loved that it wasn't wright and then said sure, bring on nemec. team needs D

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

The 2022 Draft thread will always be such hilarious Devils HFBoards lore to me. I was surprised by the pick, but Nemec was always a legit prospect.

Many, and I mean many were acting as if it was a wasted and horrible pick right from the jump. His development has gone super well.

Loved that pick since day 1 tbh, I thought it was getting traded for a superstar forward and it almost did in Matt Tkachuk if Gaudreau didn't string Calgary. I don't know if Matt re-signs here but if he did, my god. Only thing that pissed me off about that draft was my Rags fan spoiled the pick because of Friedman tipping picks.....

Reactions: Guttersniped

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
I was so Mad that people didn’t like the Nemec pick. It was crazy because our resident prospect guru (@StevenToddIves ) gets people so hyped on other certain prospects. Most wanted Slaf or Jiricek.

Whats Crazy is Nemec had all the accolades but was greatly overshadowed by Slaf. He set records in his league for rookies, was MVP and top player at some of the tournaments, he also played on the Olympic team and won Bronze.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
The Miller acquisition has remained a lowkey major one for Fitz. Once he got healthy, he helped stabilize the pairings a bit further and has played well overall with Luke. He's done his job to be Nemec's placeholder, and now became even more important with Dougie going down for potentially the rest of the year. It allowed us to not have a larger gap in the right side of the defense without Dougie, and now Nemec is flourishing so far.

A perfect 1-year stopgap before Nemec takes over full time next year.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
The Miller acquisition has remained a lowkey major one for Fitz. Once he got healthy, he helped stabilize the pairings a bit further and has played well overall with Luke. He's done his job to be Nemec's placeholder, and now became even more important with Dougie going down for potentially the rest of the year. It allowed us to not have a larger gap in the right side of the defense without Dougie, and now Nemec is flourishing so far.

A perfect 1-year stopgap before Nemec takes over full time next year.
The Miller acquisition has also allowed us to not play Smith on D and in turn we found a decent physical 4th liner.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
I think Nemec might be really special. How many rookie d-men who didn’t spend several years in college look this good in their first three games?

How is Slovakia league? He was very good there and really dominated the playoffs.

I honestly don't remember people shitting on it, I remember a lot of people being surprised though.

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
I'm pumped to watch the first period, say "alright I'm going to bed", lay in bed, follow on my phone for half of the second period, say "ugh ok I'll finish this period", walk to the couch and watch the 2nd period, say "ok. bed now you idiot.", walk halfway to the bedroom, say "nope. I can't stop now." and feel like a sleep deprived angry idiot all day friday.
so anyway i’m angry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad