Series Discussion: The less important playoff series' (non-Caps ones) Part the Second

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Think the Blues/Sharks has been the best series since the 1st round (even with the reffing). Don't know how anyone can watch those games and think 'meh'.

Also, hearing a lot of talk of 'Bruins destroying the Blues if they make it tot he SCF'. Probably from people who only watch Eastern Conf I guess.

Rather see Rask vs Binner. Plus, St. Louis is in Central Time...I won't have to stay up as late. :D

islandersdynasty

May 26, 2018
Fairfax, VA
Also, hearing a lot of talk of 'Bruins destroying the Blues if they make it tot he SCF'. Probably from people who only watch Eastern Conf I guess.

On the Bruins board there is literally a multi-page discussion about pizza in the Bruins v. Western Conference opponent thread. You would think they’d be a little bit more worried about their potential opponent. ..SMH.

NHL - Stanley Cup Playoffs VII: St Louis and San Jose battle to see who plays the Bruins

Last edited:

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
On the Bruins board there is literally a multi-page discussion about pizza in the Bruins v. Western Conference opponent thread. You would think they’d be a little bit more worried about their potential opponent. ..SMH.

NHL - Stanley Cup Playoffs VII: St Louis and San Jose battle to see who plays the Bruins

Yeah...dumb hubris on their part. Too busy to fact check, but hasn't every team that swept a series this year, lost the following series? If Blues win in 6 and stay healthy, I think they have an edge. The Bruins will not have played for 11 days and their last series was against offensively challenged Canes. Hope Rask gets out of rhythm and rusty.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Reactions: Heath

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

Cassidy, for all of he faults in DC (and there were a ton of them), seems to have turned a corner in his coaching career. This is everything I'd want to hear from a coach.

Reactions: Hivemind
Sep 19, 2008
Was reading Caps website and Oshie is pulling hard for his brothers in STL and sympathizes with the struggle. Go Blues.

Former Cap Zach Sanford there.

Copley played in STL.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
For the airhead Caps fans rooting for the St Louis Blues, I give you this quote from Syndrome, the villain from "The Incredibles" movie:

"And when I'm old and I've had my fun, I'll sell my inventions so that everyone can be superheroes. *Everyone* can be super! And when everyone's super...[laughs maniacally] ...*no one* will be."

Teams like St Louis, Buffalo and Vancouver winning a Cup just cheapens our achievment last year. They MUST be stopped.

Go B's.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
For the airhead Caps fans rooting for the St Louis Blues, I give you this quote from Syndrome, the villain from "The Incredibles" movie:

"And when I'm old and I've had my fun, I'll sell my inventions so that everyone can be superheroes. *Everyone* can be super! And when everyone's super...[laughs maniacally] ...*no one* will be."

Teams like St Louis, Buffalo and Vancouver winning a Cup just cheapens our achievment last year. They MUST be stopped.

Go B's.
So you're supporting your position and calling the rest of us "airhead" based on a children's cartoon movie?
giphy.gif

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC

Go B's.

ac02f37134b7e4e55b1746198d519f16.jpg

Sep 19, 2008
Alan May kept talking on Capitals Talk podcast about how good the Blues were and how impressed he was by them, in the regular season. He was a huge fan of what they were doing. He saw them beat the Caps and turn their season around and he was impressed. That was when I started to realize how good this Blues team could be. In the playoffs they dispatched 1st round opponent as well as the Stars. Dealt with the Sharks in 6 and now make their 4th final and first since 1970.

Reactions: calicapsfan

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Go B's.

This take was crap when you posted it two weeks ago. Now its just two week old crap, so, slightly smellier this time around.

Nothing will ever cheapen the Caps Cup last year. Nothing. Ever. Not a damn thing!

usatsi_10879559.jpg

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I dont mind. What does this change for Caps? Nothing. Win the cup next season - and who will remember this summer at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad