Series Discussion: The less important playoff series' (non-Caps ones) Part the Second

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
How do 3 refs miss that? Wow. To me that’s a “you are out the rest of the playoffs” gaffe
I was thinking the same thing. Doesn’t the NCAA’s major football conferences suspend ref crews when they have terrible games? That absolutely should be allowed in just about every sport

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Arguably, the Sharks shouldn’t even be in this series. Now they get another insanely bad call going their way that just swung a series. I actually think this one may be worse.

Reactions: Roman Fell

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I seem to have underestimated Boston's D depth. Those little pluggers of theirs have been stellar. Their team structure helps but they've also been really strong 1-on-1 whereas earlier against Toronto it seemed like it could be more problematic.

Remember this day guys. The day Langway missed. Missed the best playoff performer of our generation - Marcus Johansson - playing in Boston uniform.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Arguably, the Sharks shouldn’t even be in this series. Now they get another insanely bad call going their way that just swung a series. I actually think this one may be worse.

Three weeks ago I commented about being okay with the Sharks winning a Cup, because they have been in the running for a few years now and it would be nice for them to get that reward.
Now it feels like if they do win a Cup it will be tarnished and somehow not well and truly "earned".
I am so glad nobody can EVER say that about the Caps winning the Cup last year.

Sep 19, 2008
Sharks keep winning on controversial calls. I'm getting tired of this. "Caps West" my ass.

Bruins hopefully complete sweep tonight.

Jun 15, 2007
You didn't seem to care that much when the Sharks got past Vegas due to a terrible call as well.

I almost want the Sharks to win now, especially on a bad call against Boston. Might as well make this entire postseason a big asterisk.

islandersdynasty

May 26, 2018
Fairfax, VA
You didn't seem to care that much when the Sharks got past Vegas due to a terrible call as well.

I almost want the Sharks to win now, especially on a bad call against Boston. Might as well make this entire postseason a big asterisk.

And Broons fans weren’t exactly complaining when Mcavoy got 2 mins for head hunting...

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Which terrible call was that?

He's going to say giving up 4PP goals was not their fault lol...

Blame the refs for the call.....but 4pp goals against on one major is on the players and coach. Simply embarrassing.

As for the Sharks, lucky it wasn't a reviewable play.

Reactions: txpd

JMUcapsfan07

Jan 29, 2010
NoVA
Either way, one thing I can definitely say after seeing all the breaks the Sharks have been getting - I'm glad there was no controversy last postseason when the Caps won it all.

Sharks fans will say they don't care - and they'll probably be telling the truth - but if (big if) the Sharks end up winning the Stanley Cup these "breaks" they keep getting will get brought up as soon as anyone brings up their first Cup run.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
The most important part of winning a Stanley Cup is lodging a horseshoe where the sun don't shine. Fortunately for the Capitals last year it mostly manifested with puck luck and one amazing save rather than blatantly missed calls.

I was assured that luck was not a big factor in postseason success by posters here. Now I don't know what to believe.

Reactions: Hivemind

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I was assured that luck was not a big factor in postseason success by posters here. Now I don't know what to believe.

Define “big”. I’d put almost everything ahead of this mystical “luck” when you’re talking ingredients to win a championship.

Jun 15, 2007
The Lighting were a 20 sided die that rolled a 1.

The Sharks are a 12 sided die that have rolled 12 three times in a row.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
He's going to say giving up 4PP goals was not their fault lol...

Blame the refs for the call.....but 4pp goals against on one major is on the players and coach. Simply embarrassing.

As for the Sharks, lucky it wasn't a reviewable play.
Right. It's this. The call was wrong, but the Vegans had a 3-0 lead. All they had to do was not give up 4 in 5 minutes...

This was a one-goal OT situation. Much worse.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Define “big”. I’d put almost everything ahead of this mystical “luck” when you’re talking ingredients to win a championship.

I think luck and things that cannot be reasonably controlled by the team (good or bad bounces, injuries, refereeing, etc.) are probably the most important factor to winning a championship.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I think luck and things that cannot be reasonably controlled by the team (good or bad bounces, injuries, refereeing, etc.) are probably the most important factor to winning a championship.

Kinda agree, in the sense that each year there are probably 3-5 teams with the talent to win the Cup, but only one can. Luck with injuries to me is huge - last year we had it, this year we didn't.

Not sure who on this forum said luck was never involved, its not the most important thing, but it is an important thing.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

No. A factor? Sure. Most important? Hell, no. Come on. Roger Penske is correct. "Luck is when preparation meets opportunity."

Was SJ lucky to get a 5 min major penalty trailing 3-0 late in the 3rd? Yes. That luck didn't put 4 pucks in the net. Not one of those goals was lucky. They fully earned all of them.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
No. A factor? Sure. Most important? Hell, no. Come on. Roger Penske is correct. "Luck is when preparation meets opportunity."

Was SJ lucky to get a 5 min major penalty trailing 3-0 late in the 3rd? Yes. That luck didn't put 4 pucks in the net. Not one of those goals was lucky. They fully earned all of them.

All 4 of those goals are the result of good luck because they didn’t deserve to be in the position to begin with. You can say they took advantage of their good fortune and that Vegas should have killed it off, but the fact is they wouldn’t have been in that position if not for a dreadful call out of both team’s control.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
All 4 of those goals are the result of good luck because they didn’t deserve to be in the position to begin with. You can say they took advantage of their good fortune and that Vegas should have killed it off, but the fact is they wouldn’t have been in that position if not for a dreadful call out of both team’s control.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad