Series Discussion: The less important playoff series' (non-Caps ones) Part the Second

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Like txpd said, our failures pale in comparison to Tampa Bay on this night. I'm trying to compare it to our failures and I can't find a connection. Losing back to back years to Pittsburgh after winning the President's trophy is bad, but they've lost 6 straight playoff games and had a historic team this season in the regular season. Naturally, if Tampa comes back next year and wins the Cup I'm sure their demons will be released but it is going to be a LONG summer for everyone involved with the Bolts.

Ive said this several times already. The Lightning were killed by their regular season. The pressure on them at the start of the season was Caps level. That ridiculous regular season made it impossible

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Feels like this has to be a certain degree of validation for all of Jarmo's moves at the deadline for CBJ. This was their year to go all-in, and they just finally got their first series win in franchise history. It wasn't Stanley Cup or bust for them, it was playoff relevance or bust. And they just achieved that relevance.

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
Man, Pittsburgh and Tampa GONE in 4, unreal. Love it. Should be a wake up call for the boys, as if they needed any more motivation after getting their ass whipped last game.

Reactions: Khelandros

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Between last night's pathetic loss and watching the Bolts and Pens eliminated, the Caps better get motivated. Their opponents sure are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad