Series Discussion: The less important playoff series' (non-Caps ones) Part the First

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I think... sweeping might actually hurt the Bluejackets? They're playing so well that sitting for a week or so may stem some of their momentum, or maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Man, the Islanders are just methodical. They're like robots. Not super talented but super predictable in a good way.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Jackets are on the verge of winning their first franchise playoff series win and by the looks of their play, they may go pretty far.. they are playing amazing

Yep they are looking like the Columbus team that every other team looked at on paper after the trade deadline and said "Oh f*** what if all of those pieces fit together?"

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO
Currently watching ROOT sports (Fox Pittsburgh), the announcers are frustrated, it's hilarious. Dude was going on about playing simple game and not making mistakes against the Eberle/Barzal line--10 seconds later the Isles went up 2-1. When Isles scored there was no emotion, they sound dead inside. I love it.

I need steggy tears

Reactions: HandsomeTom43

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
My NBC Sports feed has been terrible, mostly why I'm watching ROOT sports, and ROOT's PBP is awful, as well.

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
Pittsburgh isn't winning this series regardless. If Tampa can somehow win tonight and keep themselves alive, they have the talent to reverse sweep.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
The Pens-NYI game is getting nasty. Pitt appears to have broken down the Isles' trap a bit in this period, but they are squeezing their sticks too tight. Shots going wide, hitting posts, etc.

Pittsburgh isn't winning this series regardless. If Tampa can somehow win tonight and keep themselves alive, they have the talent to reverse sweep.
Maybe. And obviously that's not a desirable outcome. But as I noted previously, it would be historically hilarious if CBJ somehow found a way to not win this series.

Jun 15, 2007
Panarin is an absolute gamer.

Not that there's any chance he signs here but people here were acting like he would be a dud signing.

Bieronymus Trotz

Sep 4, 2017
I always forget Scott Gomez is on the Islanders coaching staff. Thinking about his incredibly awkward stint as a TV analyst, it's hard to picture what the dynamic is like between him and Trotz.

Confused why you'dgive Horny the extra 2 there.
Same. Lehner deserved it if anyone did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln