Series Discussion: The less important playoff series' (non-Caps ones) Part the First

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty Goal Net

Tank Brigadier
Feb 13, 2010
Tampa gave up after the first one.

On another topic: I have a old, deep, and abiding hatred for the Isles, and am therefore not able to enjoy the Pitt-NYI the way I deserve. Their success is bumming me out in spite of the Pens losing.

My old hatred has faded. They had their trip to the abyss. It's about the same with the Flyers. Back in the first half of the 80s, Flyers and Isles were the biggest enemy teams. Pens overtook both of them, at least for me. It always feels a bit odd but I can root for both of them over the Pens.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
My old hatred has faded. They had their trip to the abyss. It's about the same with the Flyers. Back in the first half of the 80s, Flyers and Isles were the biggest enemy teams. Pens overtook both of them, at least for me. It always feels a bit odd but I can root for both of them over the Pens.

After the Pens I used to hate the Flyers most. But Tampa is now offically #2 for me (expansion team that won a Cup before us, swept us in humiliating fashion in 2011, + their flip flop wearing, muscle car driving fans).

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
Man if we advance, we are gonna be in for a rough ride with the remaining teams if we don’t change our play IMO

Empty Goal Net

Tank Brigadier
Feb 13, 2010
Pgh is being so thoroughly outplayed. Aisles gotta convert on one of their chances to avoid the lucky bounce or PPG tying this up.

(Yeah, I don't care if the Aisles sweep and get to rest a few extra days. Prefer to see Pgh get swept.)

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
Like txpd said, our failures pale in comparison to Tampa Bay on this night. I'm trying to compare it to our failures and I can't find a connection. Losing back to back years to Pittsburgh after winning the President's trophy is bad, but they've lost 6 straight playoff games and had a historic team this season in the regular season. Naturally, if Tampa comes back next year and wins the Cup I'm sure their demons will be released but it is going to be a LONG summer for everyone involved with the Bolts.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Like txpd said, our failures pale in comparison to Tampa Bay on this night. I'm trying to compare it to our failures and I can't find a connection. Losing back to back years to Pittsburgh after winning the President's trophy is bad, but they've lost 6 straight playoff games and had a historic team this season in the regular season. Naturally, if Tampa comes back next year and wins the Cup I'm sure their demons will be released but it is going to be a LONG summer for everyone involved with the Bolts.

Yep, but they'll always have 2004 :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->