Pre-Game Talk: The (legendary) Toronto Maple Leafs vs Tortorella's Blue Jackets game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Jul 2, 2012
I think our best chance of winning this series is if we're the team who instigate the physical contact and attack Columbus in an area of supposed strength over us

We can out skill them but the best way to blunt a physical, in your face aggressive style is to turn the tables on them and show them we won't be intimidated from the tough areas of the ice and they're the ones who will be paying a price every time they're on the puck

We are inconsistent but we are capable of anything if we can get the mindset right
In yesterday's games, the team with the most hits lost four out of five games. Montreal was the exception.

Reactions: The Cobra

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
After all the upsets yesterday I am straight up terrified for this game. Terror is the usual emotion for watching Leafs hockey so this is like a cold and familiar, if not even a little bit comforting, wet blanket. It certainly feels good to be in terror as the favourite though!

There's tons of powerplays going around so we really need Freddy to come up with a few big saves and our big guns to go wild on our own powerplays. A few shorties like the MTL game would be nice as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad