Pre-Game Talk: The (legendary) Toronto Maple Leafs vs Tortorella's Blue Jackets game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
I'm just worried about our disorganized defence in the face of heavy Columbus fore checking.

Columbus is well organized and it's going to be tough for the Leafs to get in close and bang a rebound home.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Here's hoping Columbus doesn't plan to do the extreme swarm tactic like Carolina did today.

We make a ton of mistakes under extreme pressure like that.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
If that is the Kapanen, Kerfoot, Robertson line from the other night, they look very promising.
Yes that line. Looks pretty good eh. I don’t mind if Keefe plays the line flexibility card but that line seems in sync. Johnsson returning to the 4 th line would be eye popping depth

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Putting out the bat signal for @Mikeyg.

Join us for the playoffs brother!
Ya'll already know sire! These ones will be ours for life sons of abrahams! :clap: FOR THE MEMORIES these games look already so FANTASTIC! I
'm so excited and bourb'd up sire! :fire: :light: :sun: :cigar: :smoke: This that thang and remember: These games have such a huge compete factor ability going on. Not crowds and media, so between two suckas there will develope a special kind of rumble and fight. Just like in rocky 3. Mister T and Rocky (stallone). They going against each other every night, many nights a roll. No crowds, media. Just two men. Runnin each other. We faster, so we get it. Mayne bout to listen to that rocky music right now cause this pole still clean.

Reactions: definedMF and slozo

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I'm just worried about our disorganized defence in the face of heavy Columbus fore checking.

Columbus is well organized and it's going to be tough for the Leafs to get in close and bang a rebound home.
Keefe insists he was concerned with team defense and that they have worked lots of reps on defense. Special teams were a concern of his that he has been grinding away at also.
I believe we need to outwork them or come up even in work and our gane breakers can come through. Tavares is intriguing for me. Can’t wait to see if his power and cycle game is back. He won’t let you down in work ethic but now he is healthy for first time in awhile

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I'm all kinds of fired up for this one!
Me too sire! Not like metoo metoo, but like ME TOO yuou know what I'm saying mayne! But yeah sorry bout that gdt thang I put thang up cause I thought it was game time and didn'
t remember we ALWAYS have the pre game dirt before the real one mayne. But it ain't no thang. This that pump up like y'all remember that pumping iron" film by stallone. That that thang. They hand wrestling on that one. Truckers and dirt. I kinda liked that when I was a young puppy. Killing dirt then and all. Still playing hockey. But those days are over. These are the MAPLE LEAFS day now sire :clap: :leafs: :leaf: :maple leaf:

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Ya'll already know sire! These ones will be ours for life sons of abrahams! :clap: FOR THE MEMORIES these games look already so FANTASTIC! I
'm so excited and bourb'd up sire! :fire: :light: :sun: :cigar: :smoke: This that thang and remember: These games have such a huge compete factor ability going on. Not crowds and media, so between two suckas there will develope a special kind of rumble and fight. Just like in rocky 3. Mister T and Rocky (stallone). They going against each other every night, many nights a roll. No crowds, media. Just two men. Runnin each other. We faster, so we get it. Mayne bout to listen to that rocky music right now cause this pole still clean.
This is it baby.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Keefe insists he was concerned with team defense and that they have worked lots of reps on defense. Special teams were a concern of his that he has been grinding away at also.
I believe we need to outwork them or come up even in work and our gane breakers can come through. Tavares is intriguing for me. Can’t wait to see if his power and cycle game is back. He won’t let you down in work ethic but now he is healthy for first time in awhile

Yes, Tavares skating has looked good.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I know there was a lot of back and forth on this, but the NHL says they are qualifiers and not playoffs. Points will count as playoffs as regular season trophies voted on.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
I know there was a lot of back and forth on this, but the NHL says they are qualifiers and not playoffs. Points will count as playoffs as regular season trophies voted on.

You can't call it whatever you want, I see playoff hockey out there.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017

And yet they just mentioned on the Oilers/Hawks broadcast that all stats are being registered as Playoff Stats.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Ole mikey is expecting a big series from the following:

Spezz
Soup
Matthews

i expect marner/nylander to be flat to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad