Pre-Game Talk: The (legendary) Toronto Maple Leafs vs Tortorella's Blue Jackets game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
This that time now sires and miladys. All of y'all. Aint' even no thang. This that paper and I'm bout that as so many of y'all already know. I got messages and text messages and mentionings so I'd had to do this gdt so we can win the stanley cup. Based on energy on pumping that thang up, on the pole twerkin all night long. So this is all respect to the (better) gdt makers budsfan etc there are many of those fools for this game. Ya'll know them better than me. So respect to all of y'all maple leafs fans (legendary). :clap: Let's destroy this tortorella hard squad with our Rocky speed. Nobody don't have THAT against us suckas. Remember that scene where Rocky is running against Carl Weathers...... mayne that that scene. We have to do that: Eye of the tiger baby. Eye of the tiger. NOBODY can catch us. Never. They might be hard, yeah. But it's not all about that. We have our goons now too and we the fastest rockys out there. Young, fresh, pumped. I'm so excited bout this cause many, almost all of them other organizations are jelious to us. Also to our power and money. But our personel is the talented ones. The rightheous ones.

We bout to win this series and season! THis is the best chance we have had in a long while. No pressure, the bubble boys, being together, family, loving each other cause there ain't nobody else to love to. All of them players, no media almost not at all, they just play ice hockey. With Rocky speed. Mr T is bout to get his. Yeah, he bout to get our speed and sacks. He going down. And this is it. Our time and the legendary maple leafs (most richest and powerful ice hockey organization in the world) might win the stanley cup. See to it. I'ma do that too. br coachcorner

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Would like to see the Leafs come out of the gate putting the fastest pace they can on Columbus. I think our best chances to hit them early will be on the counter attack, and the new 3rd line we're running looks like a great counter attack line.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I'm a little nervous to see if the Leafs can play an urgent, crisp and organized game to start. The pace of the Carolina Hurricanes in Game 1 vs New York looks like it's a few notches above what the Leafs were doing vs Montreal, or even what CBJ was doing against Boston in their exhibition.

Reactions: saffronleaf

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Oh boy, our PK has always been bad, all these calls are scaring me a bit

Since Keefe has taken over on November 20th, 2019:

Leafs PP: 6.31 xGF/60 (19th in the NHL); 9.51 GF/60 (2nd in the NHL)
Leafs PK: 5.5 xGA/60 (3rd in the NHL); 6.61 GA/60 (14th in the NHL)

CBJ PP: 5.54 xGF/60 (29th in the NHL); 5.79 GF/60 (19th in the NHL)
CBJ PK: 5.19 xGA/60 (1st in the NHL); 5.37 GA/60 (4th in the NHL)

I think Columbus has more to worry about than the Leafs as long as our PP and Andersen do not suck. Our PK has been amazing outside of Andersen struggling to make saves (which he did well against Montreal, who has a poor PP as well). Our PP does not operate in a way that is favourable for xGF (we don't take a lot of high danger shots), but we mostly have shooters on our PP so we are not looking to get JVR goals anymore.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Ready to go, there's way too much hockey on right now and I love it. Leafs for life! These guys got so much to prove this year, getting Babs outta here has me feeling like we could go far if the D improves even just a little and Andersen plays like he can, not like Anderseive.

Call me cocky I don't care but Columbus has no chance against our squad. Next round I want Boston and I wanna spank them like we should. They're good and got our number so far but they gotta be nervous and know if not for classic meltdowns every year by Kadri and Gardiner, both now gone, as well as the refs putting their whistles away when it's Boston-Toronto playing, we could and we should beat them.

I think we got the depth this year more than any other recent year, with that dirty fast 3rd line and Spezza and Clifford shoring up that 4th line with a ton of experience.

Sho' nuff we be twerkin dat thang up that pole and down in that dirt like Demi Moore back in 96. Na bawty boi Marchand be stoppin dis thang

Reactions: Coachcorner

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Robertson starting his career as a third liner because the management likes what he brings there is really great for us. This was not cut and dried when they took him to camp but it did not take long for it to become apparent he works his a$$ off. Here he is a third liner to start. In a playoff no less.
Wow that kid is so lucky to have that kind of drive. We are likely lucky to have him. Alll good.

This third line is a monster under the bed for Columbus I predict. Might be wrong but this looks like a very very Intriguing trio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->