The LA Kings have acquired the rights to unsigned draft choice Bokondji Imama.

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
The LA Kings have acquired the rights to unsigned draft choice Bokondji "Boko" Imama (boh-khan-JEE, ih-MA-ma) from the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for the Kings seventh-round selection in the 2018 NHL Draft, Kings Vice President and General Manager Rob Blake announced today.

The trade is conditioned on the Kings signing Imama to an NHL contract before Thursday's (June 1) 2 p.m. PT signing deadline.

Imama, a 6-foot-1, 221-pound forward and an assistant captain, played in 66 games with the Saint John Sea Dogs of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League this past season, recording 41 goals and 55 points to go along with 105 penalty minutes and a plus-11 rating. He led all Sea Dogs skaters in goals, was fifth for points and was third for penalty minutes.

Imama and Saint John recently won the QMJHL Championship before advancing to the semi-final round of the 2017 Memorial Cup, where they lost to the OHL Champion Erie Otters. He registered eight goals and 15 points in 18 QMJHL playoff games in 2017.

The Montreal, Quebec native (whose parents immigrated from Democratic Republic of Congo) has played in 276 career QMJHL regular season games with Saint John and the Baie-Comeau Drakkar, recording 71 goals and 123 points along with 463 penalty minutes and a plus-19 rating.

He is coming off career highs for goals, power play goals with 14, game-winning goals with eight and points in 2016-17. Imama has appeared in 52 career QMJHL playoff games with the Sea Dogs and Drakkar, recording nine goals and 24 points.

Imama was drafted by the Lightning in the sixth round, 180th overall, in the 2015 NHL Draft.

https://www.nhl.com/kings/news/la-kings-acquire-rights-to-bokondji-imama-from-tampa-bay/c-289694868

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
DBMPhCDWAAAfuCg.jpg

DBMPhChW0AA_eQB.jpg

DBMPhCAXYAEvcnX.jpg

DBMPhEdXoAYcjak.jpg

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=160366

Bokondji Imama
Left Wing -- shoots L
Born Aug 3 1996 -- Montreal, PQ
[20 yrs. ago]
Height 6.01 -- Weight 217 [185 cm/98 kg]

Here's something you guys don't know......

08/03/1996 ..... 8+3+1+9+9+6 = 36, which means he's a natural leader. LoL, I study this stuff. He's also Year of the Rat (1996), which is going to make him more ambitious (i.e., more competitive) than non-Rats....

:handclap:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
for a 7th potentially. I mean low risk meh reward, could do worse with this year's 7th rounder. Seems like a good dude, hard worker, knows he needs to improve. Might as well bank on his breakout season even if it sounds like his numbers were inflated by his age/statue and hottest PP in the league. I like it.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Seems like a move made with the Calgary fiasco on Blake's mind.

Thing this kid is most known for is jumping off the bench to stick up for an under aged rookie getting picked on by a tough guy. Led to a 15 game suspension as he would not stop trying to get at the guy, tossing numerous punches over and on the linesmen while also grabbing their shirts.

I'm watching that on YT and the first thing I thought of was the pathetic response to the Tkachuk thing. Ontario toughness--as far as possible NHL players--is limited to MacDermid. Even if he isn't NHL material, this seems good for Ontario if they can get him signed.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I saw the game against Erie and was not impressed by Imama. It's a small sample size, but a 7th round pick seems about right.

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
If he can eventually crack the lineup, he can replace clifford, nolan or andreoff. Hopefully at a lower cap hit with more potential upside.

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
No Longer B-O-R-I-N-G

Sheesh, Bokondji Imama, left-handed goalie on the radar, a 1st round pick / 8 total picks this year, Iafallo, Fantenen, Luff, possibly sign guys likeThornton, Iginla, other UFAs to bridge some gaps in lineup, Doughty incident aint going anywhere too soon, new president, general manager and coaches, prospects signed - Wagner, Watson, Clague, Moverare, Roy, Reddekopp, some hope with Kempe, Ladue, Brodzinski, Gravel, Amadio, reclamation projects like Campbell, a Slava Voynov sighting (possible asset recovery) - this is at least getting interesting. Kings need the juice, some mayhem, character, a resounding recovery from a major identity crisis and, of course, a greatly improved performance.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Sheesh, Bokondji Imama, left-handed goalie on the radar, a 1st round pick / 8 total picks this year, Iafallo, Fantenen, Luff, possibly sign guys likeThornton, Iginla, other UFAs to bridge some gaps in lineup, Doughty incident aint going anywhere too soon, new president, general manager and coaches, prospects signed - Wagner, Watson, Clague, Moverare, Roy, Reddekopp, some hope with Kempe, Ladue, Brodzinski, Gravel, Amadio, reclamation projects like Campbell, a Slava Voynov sighting (possible asset recovery) - this is at least getting interesting. Kings need the juice, some mayhem, character, a resounding recovery from a major identity crisis and, of course, a greatly improved performance.

That about sums it up in one sentence!
They also signed (or is it just an Ontario AHL deal?) Portland Winterhawks, NY Rangers 2014 3rd rd, Keegan Iverson. Had a good season with 70 pts in 55 games.
He's 6'2" 220. Highly touted draft eligible Cody Glass led the Winterhawks with 96 pts. Keegan may have had about 96 pts, had he played all 72 games.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=153233

Last edited:

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal

what Doughty incident? did I miss something?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad