The LA Kings have acquired the rights to unsigned draft choice Bokondji Imama.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Oh crap, totally forgot about that. Imama played for St Johns. We have the Crunch here in Syracuse. Kova, totally apologize for my bad on that. Like I asked, please bear with the cranky old man. Word from Tampa is they offered a contract but could not agree on it. Pretty amazing that the Lightning could not reach an agreement with Imama in several months but the Kings did a deal in just a few hours. Different attitudes for the two organizations. One plays in the powder puff east while the other is in the wild west.

I think there is a lot of competition for spots in TB, plus his style of game (i.e. fighting) is not valued as much by management. He probably thought he had a better chance going back into the draft or becoming a UFA.

Kings have, IMO, a glaring need for a responsible 4th line banger prospect that can fight and will stick up for teammates with no hesitation. Clifford can't do it forever and makes decent money, Andreoff isn't the answer and Nolan just can't be relied upon to be in the lineup.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
I have a good feeling about this kid especially if he can put up points in the AHL. Clifford really never got a sniff of the AHL, which he should have, Nolan was there for a bit as was Andreoff and they both potted a few goals.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I have a good feeling about this kid especially if he can put up points in the AHL. Clifford really never got a sniff of the AHL, which he should have, Nolan was there for a bit as was Andreoff and they both potted a few goals.

What are you talking about? :sarcasm:

Clifford-Kyle-AHL-Ontario-Reign.jpg

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I absolutely love that he jumped off the bench to go after the 20 year old who was taking liberties with a 15-year old, #1OA pick that was given "exceptional status".

Now, I don't want 10 game suspensions for leaving the bench in the NHL but I love the reaction as it is the exact opposite of the Kings with the Doughty elbow. Also love how when Imama/Bent played the next time, they went and Imama tossed him around.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Good trade , both sides got something. And I think he'll be a good fit in LA

Joe Smith‏ @TBTimes_JSmith 18h18 hours ago

Re: Boko Imama trade, #tblightning Yzerman says they made a contract offer to him, couldn't agree. Hence got a pick in trade w Kings.

I wonder what Stevie Y offered him...

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Comparing him to Chris Neil is interesting. If Imama shows even close to that potential, this is easily the steal for the Kings that I for one am hoping it is. As for Tampa's offer, could not have been very serious given the amount of time they had to negotiate. Plain and simple, his style of play does not fit that which the Tampa Bay organization sees as its future. SFY is rapidly turning the Lightning into a bunch of cupcakes (exceptions to Witkowski and Dotchin). The trade was bad for the Syracuse Crunch, whose fans were hoping to have Imama riding shotgun for the undersized Lightning prospects next year, but should prove just fine for the folks in Ontario and LA as Imama gets more experienced and comfortable with the next levels of skill of his opponents. Note to the Kings; if Witkowski is not offered a deal by Tampa he would make a decent addition to the blueline as a defensive defenseman with grit and leadership.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
The Pipeline is barren, the Kings have to do all they can.

Maybe one of these signings/invites turns into a real gem, it's better than doing nothing.

I hope they are getting creative, and why the Kings (like a lot of NHL team) were looking closely at the World championships to see what European players (steals) might be out there
Have to hope they start eyeing colleges, and other venues or players that went undrafted. And panning for gold, you have to filter thru the sand to get those gems. But they're out there...

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
The Reign have really become a team that lacks the toughness of squads from just two seasons ago, and the fact there are still a lot of cheap shot artists and goons in the AHL, they need a guy who can help bring balance to the line up (especially from the Gulls). He sounds like a potential 4th line NHL player at best. We'll see what he brings to the table with the Reign.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Reign have had Bissonette, Sutter, and Macdermid. Didn't think they were soft. Latta had some fights down there as did Lowry and Auger.

They were tougher there first year with Newbury and Horvat but didn't think they were soft this year.

member 88115

Reign have had Bissonette, Sutter, and Macdermid. Didn't think they were soft. Latta had some fights down there as did Lowry and Auger.

They were tougher there first year with Newbury and Horvat but didn't think they were soft this year.

At the end of the Season the Reign were pretty soft. Latta was traded. MacDermid and Biss were hurt. On top of that we played San Diego with the last 3 or 4 games of these season. Bickel being his bully self = feasted on our players.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Rather amusing you are referring to Bickel. In his very brief stint with the Crunch back a few years, Stu's play was enjoyed by fans who appreciate gritty style. Unfortunately, he waved goodbye to the Salt City and never looked back. Given Imama's past history, bullying should not be an issue if he is dressed. He will just have to remember the two and done rule the cupcakes running the AHL Rules Group implemented to change the flow and style of the game.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

MacDermid was the only answer this year (albeit it an awesome one), but when he was out there was no one else to back him. Bissonette missed almost the entire season, and a lot of the previous year. This may be a sign his time is up on the ice, his injury to his knee is pretty nasty. Cres can fight a bit, but he was hurt too. The first year in ONT, the team had a whole bunch of guys that dropped the gloves, this past season we could be picked on. Bringing someone in who can also play a bit was a good move for the Reign.

The Gabe Blade

Jul 9, 2004
MacDermid was the only answer this year (albeit it an awesome one), but when he was out there was no one else to back him. Bissonette missed almost the entire season, and a lot of the previous year. This may be a sign his time is up on the ice, his injury to his knee is pretty nasty. Cres can fight a bit, but he was hurt too. The first year in ONT, the team had a whole bunch of guys that dropped the gloves, this past season we could be picked on. Bringing someone in who can also play a bit was a good move for the Reign.

Bissonette has retired according to wiki page.

The Gabe Blade

Jul 9, 2004
I would take that with a grain of salt at this point since in the same sentence it says he is retired and that he plays for Ontario. Wiki not reliable.

If you go further in the article it states he stated it on the podcast Pardon My Take. I went and listened to it. He is retiring.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Good trade , both sides got something. And I think he'll be a good fit in LA

Joe Smith‏ @TBTimes_JSmith 18h18 hours ago

Re: Boko Imama trade, #tblightning Yzerman says they made a contract offer to him, couldn't agree. Hence got a pick in trade w Kings.

I wonder what Stevie Y offered him...

Maybe they offered him an AHL only contract? Seemed like they were worried about the 50 contract limit and an AHL contract wouldn't have counted as I understand it.

Tampa had 19 draft picks between 2015/16, so it's tough to sign everybody.

A few years back, the Devils signed draftee Myles Bell to a minor league deal rather than NHL entry level deal. They essentially got an extra year to evaluate him to see if he was worth an ELC. But Bell had the option to sign elsewhere if he had interest.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Maybe they offered him an AHL only contract? Seemed like they were worried about the 50 contract limit and an AHL contract wouldn't have counted as I understand it.

Tampa had 19 draft picks between 2015/16, so it's tough to sign everybody.

A few years back, the Devils signed draftee Myles Bell to a minor league deal rather than NHL entry level deal. They essentially got an extra year to evaluate him to see if he was worth an ELC. But Bell had the option to sign elsewhere if he had interest.

Kings essentially did the same with Kevin Gravel.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Tampa gets the conditional pick only if five Kings fans, selected at random, can say this kid's name three times quickly.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Restricted free agent who has yet to skate in an NHL game.

Career highs in gms (50) points (4-10-14) and PM (134).

Do the Kings re-sign him?

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Restricted free agent who has yet to skate in an NHL game.

Career highs in gms (50) points (4-10-14) and PM (134).

Do the Kings re-sign him?

Imama will be looking for a minor league deal this summer. Given that we have several prospects turning pro this year, its unlikely the Reign will have a spot for him.

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Maybe Regulate can chime in but I seem to recall him receiving some praise from Stothers as the year went on. Not saying he will ever be an NHL player but the Reign may want to have him on the roster: especially because of all of the young guys coming in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad