Post-Game Talk: The Kings are dead, Long live the Kings. Penguins - 4, Kings - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
That's some unhealthy poo. Eat fiber.

It's the finest dog poo Google could serve up. But you're right, the hate is unhealthy.

And to those appetites that might be lessened, think carefully on this neg-head-downer-**** we've been dishing for weeks on some players, and learn your collective lesson. The dark side is only safe for a select few who can manage its powers.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
We just beat the Kings 4-1 with our backup goalie in net... and there's still a bunch of negative crap in this thread. Getting hard to take. There's as much or more *****ing about Orpik or Letang needing to be traded, as there is positive things being said about the team.

Also I've said it before about Letang -- maybe he gets traded and maybe he doesn't, and maybe whoever we get in return really helps us. We'll see. But if he does get traded to a decent team, the next couple seasons I'm going to enjoy revisiting this topic of how useless / stupid / terrible Letang is and how bad he sucks. Going to enjoy the hell out of it.

Also tired of people going overboard with Orpik, like he's been **** for so long we can't even remember the last time he did something good. He's a big, physical D who is getting worn down as he reaches his middle-30s. Happens all the time to players like him. Multiple surgeries the last few years, and his body has taken a lot of abuse (it's not just the people he hits who feel the effects of those massive collisions). What did we expect, that he was going to be like Nick Lidstrom, playing great hockey till he's 40 years old? Yah he's had some **** games this year (more than anyone would like) and probably this should be his last year from a personnel standpoint, but enough with the ****ing disrespect already.

Beginning to believe the "crybaby / spoiled fanbase" comments. This isn't our personal NHL 2K14 game -- those are human beings out there who work their ass off to be NHL players but still make mistakes and wear down, and lose their mojo as they get older. You wanna bag on some player who doesn't hustle or do anything right, OK. But don't take what is one subpar season for a guy and turn it into something else. Same goes for Dupuis and his injury. Would love to see what some of you youngsters who talk the big game are going to look like mid-30s (see below). Defensive "awareness" my ass. He's just worn out / can't keep up for 82 games anymore. Simple as that. Yeah, Shero should probably look into a trade but that still doesn't excuse the constant hate the guy receives.
I wanna kiss you on the mouth.

I do want to trade Letang tho.

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
It's a global reference. It's about WE. WE as a group are too freaking negative (the more I think about it), and especially WRT to guys like Letang and Orpik, who we now talk about as if they're dog

dog_poo.jpg

...and have been for years. Like they've never done anything in recent years to help the team win games. Massive anchors of underachievement and defensive irresponsibility.

It's like a sickness around here. A couple people get it, then a few more, then all of a sudden it's this hate-fest that starts cooking up revisionist history and calls for trade-lynchings. Even as a dark lord of mod powers, I feel the hate is too much. This hate is not making us powerful.

This....

I read the board in spite of the constant negativity. Wonder what that says about me?

On the other hand, I have learned to jump ahead in the thread whenever Leatang, Orpik, or Adams becomes the dominant conversation, as they do in pretty much every thread these days.

Despite all that, it's still the best Pens board going. Just wish it could be a little me like back a couple years ago when it was so much more balanced and sane.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
For all the hate Glass receives, these last three games he has been excellent. I need to watch his goal again for the pure stupidity of it.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
For all the hate Glass receives, these last three games he has been excellent. I need to watch his goal again for the pure stupidity of it.

Everything about his game has been a HUGE improvement over last year. I would not re-sign him however because I think he is meaningless with respect to the outcome of the game.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
i feel that "feel-good reactionary posters who profess that the team + management ***** rainbows" and "doom-laden wrist-cutters swirling a black-hole of foreboding" comprise roughly the same percentage of the posting population. but that could be a function of who i have on ignore. i don't think either population has reached a level of critical mass that warrants a prolonged conversation about their respective presence on the board.

either way #hivemind4life.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
i feel that "feel-good reactionary posters who profess that the team + management ***** rainbows" and "doom-laden wrist-cutters swirling a black-hole of foreboding" comprise roughly the same percentage of the posting population. but that could be a function of who i have on ignore. i don't think either population has reached a level of critical mass that warrants a prolonged conversation about their respective presence on the board.

:heart:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Maatta is currently on pace to finish with 29 points this season. Would be the 14th highest rookie scoring d-man season since the 05-06 lockout.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Everything about his game has been a HUGE improvement over last year. I would not re-sign him however because I think he is meaningless with respect to the outcome of the game.

Agree completely. He has played well, but he is honestly a redundant aspect of this team. He doesn't ever win a fight and Vitale / Sill fill in his roll fine. I think for all the **** Adams gets, he is many levels above Glass.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
The people complaining about negativity just make more negativity, just saying. It's actually contributing to the problem.

Anyway, Zatkoff continues to confuse me. He looks shaky almost all of the time, let's in some pretty suspect goals and then does something amazing in most games. I know, rookie backup goalie, but it's still weird to me.

This team can be functionally physical with the right players on the roster, and still fast.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I guess I'm going to be the last person on the "Glass isn't good" train.

He can't handle/possess the puck. I still consider that to be an important aspect of hockey.

Uh... no. You aren't.

He's had a good few games and a better season than his abysmal one last year. But I don't consider him anything close to "good." I like to try to give players their due... but I still won't miss Tanner Glass when (if) he's gone.

AquaticBirdman

Sep 25, 2007
Montreal, Canada
Gotta re-sign Jokinen IMO.

Not gonna happen in my opinion. He's having a great season statistically. If he ends up finishing with 60+ points and about 30 goals (which he likely will) he will easily be able to fetch around 5 million per season on the open market. Considering his age I also don't see him settling for a term of less than 4-5 years either. Are we will to commit to that kind of contract?

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

Yeah. This.

I guess I don't understand the sudden hand-wringing.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
No he's not good. He has played like a decent 4th liner lately, but that doesn't mean he's worth his contract or a guaranteed spot in the lineup. I'd pick him over Adams at this point, but yeah, he's not very good.

Yeah, when I paid Glass a compliment earlier it wasn't to suggest we should suddenly pencil him into the lineup for next season. God forbid! I was merely saying he isn't sucking as badly lately, though with the puck in our own end he's still a nightmare. He seems to think there's an invisible force field along the blueline preventing him from getting a clean clear of the puck. It's uncanny.

It's the finest dog poo Google could serve up. But you're right, the hate is unhealthy.

And to those appetites that might be lessened, think carefully on this neg-head-downer-**** we've been dishing for weeks on some players, and learn your collective lesson. The dark side is only safe for a select few who can manage its powers.

Sideways is a great bleepin' movie.

Maatta is currently on pace to finish with 29 points this season. Would be the 14th highest rookie scoring d-man season since the 05-06 lockout.

Imagine what he could do with more power play time.

Regarding our third line, I REALLY would love to see Gibbons-Sutter-Megna for a nice stretch to see if they can develop into our next Cooke-Staal-Kennedy. It's a LOT less gritty, and less solid defensively but the potential for offense is there.

I don't know if I prefer Kunitz-Crosby-Bennett or Bennett-Malkin-Neal, so I'll just say I'll take either option at this point. But I do want to see that third line more than a few shifts in the first period.

It may sound crazy but most of our problems up front may have internal solutions. And even the fourth line could be fixed from within if Sill recovers and we give PL3 another shot.

Basically, what I'm saying is I don't want anymore rental trades, though I fully expect another one on March 5.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Uh... no. You aren't.

He's had a good few games and a better season than his abysmal one last year. But I don't consider him anything close to "good." I like to try to give players their due... but I still won't miss Tanner Glass when (if) he's gone.

Yep. Glass having good games is nice for Glass and the team, but Glass' good still isn't good hockey. He's better away from Adams, though, tbf to Glass. I've liked what he's done these last few games but that's good effort and energy; and some baffling offense.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh

oh so true!

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Regarding our third line, I REALLY would love to see Gibbons-Sutter-Megna for a nice stretch to see if they can develop into our next Cooke-Staal-Kennedy. It's a LOT less gritty, and less solid defensively but the potential for offense is there.

I don't know if I prefer Kunitz-Crosby-Bennett or Bennett-Malkin-Neal, so I'll just say I'll take either option at this point. But I do want to see that third line more than a few shifts in the first period.

It may sound crazy but most of our problems up front may have internal solutions. And even the fourth line could be fixed from within if Sill recovers and we give PL3 another shot.

Basically, what I'm saying is I don't want anymore rental trades, though I fully expect another one on March 5.

I think the only thing I really disagree with you on here is the idea that Megna - Sutter - Gibbons would be less defensively solid. Less experienced, sure, but that sort of thing takes care of itself eventually.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The irony is that it detracts even more from the conversation. Instead of offering a counter point, it's some snarky comment or jab or complaint about negativity.

Indeed.

I get being a little fed up with certain topics. But if people feel they are in the wrong forum... there are plenty of other outlets. Skipping over meany-head posts isn't hard, the ignore button is over there (though I never use it) and Facebook is that-a-way. I hear the Penguins subreddit is nice and safe, too. And plenty vacuous.

Which... I'm not sure is a just coincidence...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad