Post-Game Talk: The Kings are dead, Long live the Kings. Penguins - 4, Kings - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael8771*

A little too much of a defensive shell in the 3rd, but other than that a pretty impressive performances.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
+East is better than the West, at least for one night.

And seriously, WHY WAS LETANG NOT DRESSED? Has there been an official reason given, or are we all still in speculation territory?

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
This game finished so late. The difference in this team without Letang is concerning. It was a pretty damn good showing.

Signs of the apocalypse:
Glass scored
Glass is on a points streak

Reassurances:
Orpik still sucks
Adams still sucks
Bylsma still loves Adams
A Pen got hurt
Letang is injured

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
Pretty solid team effort. Can't really complain. Gotta give a + to Zatkoff and Jokinen, but everyone looked pretty good. (though Sid wasn't in Sid mode, but that's okay)

SidDidNothingWrong

Beau's IcedCapp
Jan 2, 2014
+The Pens(and Bylsma) are trying out different strategies than the stretch pass. We dumped the puck a lot and got physical and tried to win battles.
+The line-up is getting more and more bearable
+Glass with a beauty of a backhand
+Juice for continuing to finnish
+Sid and Geno got some pking time as well as Kunitz

-Crazy in game decisions aren't being made as often, is Bylsma becoming sane?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
---- I got in a car accident a block away from the Staples Center and missed the game. Just finally got towed home now.

Fun night.

--------- I'll also miss the Coyotes game because of this.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
That's what Carolina thought when they gave him 3M per. So,no, you don't.

Yes, you do, at the right price. He's a sneaky good player with incredible hockey smarts. If the price is right, he is a no brainer, IMO.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
How about that decisive win against yet another big, strong WC team?

How about that Jokinen?

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
+ very solid effort from (almost) everyone involved

-i know who this - is for, but i'll keep my thoughts to myself for now

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Not to rain on a pretty good game, but getting the lead in the first minute completely changed a game against a team like the Kings. Much like when we would play those Devils teams in years past.

That said, the Pens looked good out there. Maybe the best that they have looked all year. Ignore the score. That kind of play is what they need to have any hope at all in the playoffs.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
+East is better than the West, at least for one night.

And seriously, WHY WAS LETANG NOT DRESSED? Has there been an official reason given, or are we all still in speculation territory?

TPB Derek ‏@TPBderek
Before everyone gets all jammed about Letang. Lange said Letang told him this morning if he had to play he would, but he wants to be 100%

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
+ Great game

-Orpik

Stood around while Justin Williams was poised to go on a breakaway. Williams did, in fact, go on said breakaway. Fortunately, Zatkoff was up to the challenge, but Orpik's laziness/inability to read an obvious situation never fails to disappoint.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Hopefully the Kings break out of their offensive slump against the Flyers on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad