The Kids are Alright!! Really????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
Only 3 players are younger than 25 on forward. White has 10 points (Dec 30), JC Beaudin is a marginal player. There are 4 on defense. Impressive, but !! 3 of them, are 5/6 defensemen. Branstrom is 5' 9" and has 4 points!!!!

Can someone tell me what kids? only Branstrom and Tkatchuk are 20 or younger. The other 5 guys are nearing 23 or older.
And the net productivity of the 7 guys younger than 25 is hardly all star worthy. Tkatchuk is the only bright spot. Don't look now folks, but Chabot is well below last season's pace. 4 goals..on his way to 8!!!!! and 46 points, well below his 55 from last year and that was in 70 games!!!

The Kids are alright!!!! Are you kidding?

If the team has a second half identical to the first, they will end with about 78 points. Accounting for a soft early schedule and the possibility of getting rid of some veterans, this team may end up at the 60-70 point range..OMG

Reactions: gab6511

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Only 3 players are younger than 25 on forward. White has 10 points (Dec 30), JC Beaudin is a marginal player. There are 4 on defense. Impressive, but !! 3 of them, are 5/6 defensemen. Branstrom is 5' 9" and has 4 points!!!!

Can someone tell me what kids? only Branstrom and Tkatchuk are 20 or younger. The other 5 guys are nearing 23 or older.
And the net productivity of the 7 guys younger than 25 is hardly all star worthy. Tkatchuk is the only bright spot. Don't look now folks, but Chabot is well below last season's pace. 4 goals..on his way to 8!!!!! and 46 points, well below his 55 from last year and that was in 70 games!!!

If the team has a second half identical to the first, they will end with about 78 points. Accounting for a soft early schedule and the possibility of getting rid of some veterans, this team may end up at the 60-70 point range..OMG
When I read posts like this, I always have to ask what we’re your expectations?

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
When I read posts like this, I always have to ask what we’re your expectations?
I assume the expectation would be to not use the slogan "The Kids Are Alright" when the "kids" aren't even here. Maybe it's a good slogan for the Belleville Senators?

They could have saved the slogan for next season, but oh well, they had to go with something.

Reactions: Sun God Nika

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

Almost 23 or older? Lol call the old folks home

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
The slogan is the kids are alright, not the kids are good.

But in all seriousness, I can’t tell if this is a serious post.

Batherson, Norris, Abramov, Balcers, Formenton are putting up great numbers in Belleville.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
The slogan pissed me off since I first heard it, just part of propaganda this team likes to push out.

Although I must admit things are looking good for the future. You have good depth guys like formenton balcers and abramov coming up then top guys like batherson and Norris , add that to thomson and pinto and hopefully two top 10 picks in 2020 draft that's hell of a pool

Reactions: gab6511 and Deku

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
The slogan pissed me off since I first heard it, just part of propaganda this team likes to push out.
You seem like you would be pissed no matter what the team did. What would you suggest the marketing slogan be for this season. Serious answer, making jokes is too easy.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
You seem like you would be pissed no matter what the team did. What would you suggest the marketing slogan be for this season. Serious answer, making jokes is too easy.

Something that acklowdges the season isn't going to be pretty but to be excited about the process not something that has nothing to do with the team at all

Reactions: BatherSeason

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
The slogan is the kids are alright, not the kids are good.

But in all seriousness, I can’t tell if this is a serious post.

Batherson, Norris, Abramov, Balcers, Formenton are putting up great numbers in Belleville.

You never know if it may a troll from a new user. Tread carefully. ;)

The kids are definitely alright. We'll know if they are awesome in a year or two.

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
it's not the slogan. It is the message that they are sending. And it is the action that is contrary to the message. Picture a man smoking, all the while telling his kids: don't smoke!!!!

only 2 players 22 and younger (2 others will be 23 in a few weeks). Players are drafted at 18...by 22, they would have been 4 years in..By 22 Tkachuk will have 4 complete seasons under his belt. So about 300 games if you account for games missed. I am troubled when 22 year olds or even 21 year olds who will turn 22 during the season are not with the big club. To have Tkachuk at 300 games with a 22 year old next to him at 30 games does not assure us that that 22 year old will ever become an above average NHLr.

Now add the 1-2 years needed to get NHL experience, NHL savy, NHL tough, etc. you are talking 2 years from now before we see any real progress.

where are the 20-22 year olds? there are 5-6 of them in Bellville...lets go...3-4 years past their draft years already!!! and the 7 sub 25 year olds up here already..let's go...JC Beaudin and his marginal play is not what will get this team moving.

Sadly, I believe Senators management are simply kicking up dust, using fancy slogans to get us to bite..What will next seasons slogan be? "The one year older kids are alright"..what are we going to be posting in 2 years time if this team is still in the bottom 1/3 and what arguments of justification will be offered.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Interesting perspective. Still, I think the kids are more than alright....

Plus, I mean the GM isn’t exactly looking to win games this year in case you haven’t noticed. We have two picks in the first round that would be best served to be high.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
it's not the slogan. It is the message that they are sending. And it is the action that is contrary to the message. Picture a man smoking, all the while telling his kids: don't smoke!!!!

only 2 players 22 and younger (2 others will be 23 in a few weeks). Players are drafted at 18...by 22, they would have been 4 years in..By 22 Tkachuk will have 4 complete seasons under his belt. So about 300 games if you account for games missed. I am troubled when 22 year olds or even 21 year olds who will turn 22 during the season are not with the big club. To have Tkachuk at 300 games with a 22 year old next to him at 30 games does not assure us that that 22 year old will ever become an above average NHLr.

Now add the 1-2 years needed to get NHL experience, NHL savy, NHL tough, etc. you are talking 2 years from now before we see any real progress.

where are the 20-22 year olds? there are 5-6 of them in Bellville...lets go...3-4 years past their draft years already!!! and the 7 sub 25 year olds up here already..let's go...JC Beaudin and his marginal play is not what will get this team moving.

Sadly, I believe Senators management are simply kicking up dust, using fancy slogans to get us to bite..What will next seasons slogan be? "The one year older kids are alright"..what are we going to be posting in 2 years time if this team is still in the bottom 1/3 and what arguments of justification will be offered.

What’s the rush

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
This is a really strange rant.

Whether the kids make their debut at 18, 20 or 23...all that matters is doing what's best for them to become the best NHLers possible. If that means an extra year in Belleville, we should suck it up and leave them there.

The team will never get out of the basement if we ruin the development of our kids.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

Right.

So, Alright too strong a word for you?

It's a rebuild and it's early days. Players will be traded. Talent will not be all homegrown. Alright?

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Another example of a poster who doesn't have patience for a rebuild. Rebuilds are hard.

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019

46 point pace without Stone, Duchene, Karlsson and Dzingel on the team and a PP that was completely anemic for our first 10 games? I'm actually impressed.

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
almost 20 players taken in Logan Brown's draft year, have 100 or more games. Roughly 10 have 190 and up.. roughly 30 have played more games than him. And the same 30 have more points. Are you not troubled by that? He is being sold to us as the future. As this team's future. Its surefire Number 1, stud center....1) he should get going. 2) keep him up here and lets see what we got.

But here is what is troubling me...let's say, he just isn't this good...Now where are we? where are they? They have sold us all along "Logan Brown, the future"... Okay, give me something to believe in. Let me see progress. Let me see him here. Let me see him playing well. At 21, turning 22 in early March..by hockey standards, he is not young..again..everyone needs to remember. We draft at 18....If the Kids are alright, then show us and not just offer slogans...

I am not worried about rushing. I am worried about stalling !!!!! Are they leaving the young guys in the minors to protect them, or maybe, they are not this good!!! remember when Collin white was the next Patrice Bergeron. Bergeron was drafted in 2003..played in 2003/2004. By the age of 22, ala White, he had two 70 plus point seasons....So, maybe we need to downgrade White. 10 points!! from a guy who signed a $4.75 million/year...he is making Bobby Ryan seem reasonable.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
almost 20 players taken in Logan Brown's draft year, have 100 or more games. Roughly 10 have 190 and up.. roughly 30 have played more games than him. And the same 30 have more points. Are you not troubled by that? He is being sold to us as the future. As this team's future. Its surefire Number 1, stud center....1) he should get going. 2) keep him up here and lets see what we got.

But here is what is troubling me...let's say, he just isn't this good...Now where are we? where are they? They have sold us all along "Logan Brown, the future"... Okay, give me something to believe in. Let me see progress. Let me see him here. Let me see him playing well. At 21, turning 22 in early March..by hockey standards, he is not young..again..everyone needs to remember. We draft at 18....If the Kids are alright, then show us and not just offer slogans...

I am not worried about rushing. I am worried about stalling !!!!! Are they leaving the young guys in the minors to protect them, or maybe, they are not this good!!! remember when Collin white was the next Patrice Bergeron. Bergeron was drafted in 2003..played in 2003/2004. By the age of 22, ala White, he had two 70 plus point seasons....So, maybe we need to downgrade White. 10 points!! from a guy who signed a $4.75 million/year...he is making Bobby Ryan seem reasonable.

I wrote the Sens marketing team and asked them to prep next years slogan for you: “The older men are alright” but they said it was taken already by www.ashleymadison.com :sarcasm:

Do you have any suggestions?

Again, let the kids grow. It is too early to get flustered and upset.

Every knows some will be duds and some will be stars :thumbu:

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I actually feel sorry for the organization right now, have you seen the defense they have had to ice the past 3-5 games?

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

Why do you care what slogan the team uses? We have whatever prospects we have; I don't know know if they're going to be good, great or bad. But I'd rather have Batherson, L. Brown, Abramov, Norris, Formenton, play big minutes and develop a winning culture in Belleville right now. Ideally Brannstrom would be right there with them too, but injuries prevented that.

Besides, many of them will end up in Ottawa after the deadline anyway, so just wait a couple of months.

Reactions: IamJust0ne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad