Status
Not open for further replies.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
The wait was worth it….. the kids are alright, and will be better in Oktober

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
We’re talking about best possible outcome as player comparables for the kids’ ceiling

Stutzle - Patrick Kane
Pinto - Ryan Getzlaf
Norris - Prime 50+pt Turris
Batherson - lite Mark Stone
Bransstrom - Gostisbehere
Sanderson - Pietrangelo

otown

Sep 4, 2009
From being the laughing stock at the beginning of the season to gaining a new found respect around the North Division is a major turning point!
The future is bright and it starts with signing Brady!

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
We’re talking about best possible outcome as player comparables for the kids’ ceiling

Stutzle - Patrick Kane
Pinto - Ryan Getzlaf
Sanderson - Pietrangelo

Norris is way better than Turris, but I understand you are trying to be reasonable with your comparisons.

Norris is actually more like Getzlaf than Pinto, but both Norris and Pinto remind me of the following type of players;

Getzlaf
Kopitar
Bergeron
Mike Richards
Jeff Carter
Toews
Zetterberg

Etc.

The type of centres that have elite hockey IQ, solid defensively and will score points consistently but not necessarily huge numbers.

I think they are a perfect 1-2 punch long term and no upgrade necessary.

Reactions: DanyHeatley

OperationHotMother

Dec 22, 2006

Stutzle - Patrick Kane
Pinto - Ryan Getzlaf
Sanderson - Pietrangelo
Woah there friend. Josh Norris' "best possible outcome as player" is the legendary Kyle Turris?
I know we tend to pump up our prospects/young players here at hfboards, but lets not put too many expectations on the poor kid

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
I'm confident that we can be a playoff team, but can we be a true-blue Cup contender? That's the big question.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
If both of those guys turn out like any of these players you listed, sens will have a ready 1C 2C combo.

Anything is possible, I made sure to clarify in my original post that Norrris and Pinto are similar style of players to the ones I listed, but there are many factors that play into whether a player will ever reach their full potential.

Reactions: DanyHeatley

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
I'm confident that we can be a playoff team, but can we be a true-blue Cup contender? That's the big question.

This depends largely on Chabot, Stu, Tkachuk and Sanderson being elite. We will also need Norris and Pinto to be star level.

Only time will tell really. But this core will live and die primarily by those six players and how much of their potential they can hit. Plus one of our goalies has to be a steady #1.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007

Stutzle - Patrick Kane
Pinto - Ryan Getzlaf
Sanderson - Pietrangelo

Norris is better than Turris was imo. And has tons if room to grow still.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Talk about being angry. Why are you cheer-leading failure? It's fine to have an opinion. Respect others, as you wish to be respected.

Again, take your own advice and read through most of the responses; it is way too early to press the panic button.
when is a good time to hit it?

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
You never know if it may a troll from a new user. Tread carefully. ;)

The kids are definitely alright. We'll know if they are awesome in a year or two.
19/20 the kids are alright

a year or two : 2020/2021 and 2021/2022
2020/2021 : missed playoffs, 23 overall 51 points in 56 games.
2021/2022 : missed playoffs, 26 overall 73 points in 82 games.
2022/2023 : Probably a missed playoff year, heading towards 82-85 points and ~ 25th overall

one Kid; Norris, maybe end of career. injury plagued.
one Kid; Brannstrom, a #5/6 D man
Batherson; on his way to a 60 point season and is, as of today, a whopping -30.
Formenton; has some struggles off the ice
Brady T: a star

All others have gone by the waist side. Where did JC end up? Vitali A, Rudy B? Logan B...OOOHHH

Troll... hmmm.... by the way, a quick search on here would have shown people that "The Kids are alright" is a slogan that other teams have used in the past... A wonderful BS marketing move probably brought on by some consultant that works/worked for the league.

2020 marketing audible "We suck, don't come to our games"
carried over to 2021 and now 2022. It would have been wise. No need to pay a marketing firm to come up with a new one each year.

They could have used that one from 2018/19 until today.

Reactions: AchtzehnBaby
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad