• Iginla

• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
My daily reminder that we should draft Iginla over Lindstrom.
Lindstrom seems to have all the skill Iginla has, in addition to the size factor. and from what i've seen, he puts himself in a position to be a good complimentary player to talented players. he put himself in position for plays, and make plays, that lead to goals.

so why Iginla over Lindstrom?

Last edited:
Reactions: Naslund

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Lindstrom seems to have all the skill Iginla has, in addition to the size factor. and from what i've seen, he puts himself in a position to be a good complimentary player to talented players. he tends to get ready for plays, and make plays, that lead to goals.

Iginla is a better shooter, better IQ, has an unstoppable motor, no injury issues, and proven bloodline at the NHL level. He played with plugs in Kelowna, compared to Lindstrom playing with Bacha and sometimes McKenna. He was a bigger factor than Mckenna IMO in taking the WJC-U18 gold medal game away from the Americans.

Reactions: Shutdown

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Lindstrom seems to have all the skill Iginla has, in addition to the size factor. and from what i've seen, he puts himself in a position to be a good complimentary player to talented players. he put himself in position for plays, and make plays, that lead to goals.

Even though I much prefer Iginla, Lindstrom would be a welcome addition.

Reactions: Shutdown

Dach Vader

The Dachside
Mar 31, 2021
Unless there is a defenseman that we cannot pass on. I'd probably go with one of these guys.

* Ivan Demidov (if available)
- Cayden Lindstrom
- Tij Iginla
- Berkly Catton

- Cole Eiserman

Reactions: SwiftyHab and Rozz

Kiss Under the Guy

Mar 21, 2022
I'm beginning to change my mind with small players. They all are skilled, sometimes scoring machines, but this is just one of the ingredient of a successful team, and the easiest to acquire (when in small size). It seems now every year, there is a small skilled player available at the draft past pick #15.

Drafting Caufield was ok at 15, but teams need an abundance of size and grit coupled with talent, and this is rarely available outside of top 10.

Reactions: Runner77

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Iginla is a better shooter, better IQ, has an unstoppable motor, no injury issues, and proven bloodline at the NHL level. He played with plugs in Kelowna, compared to Lindstrom playing with Bacha and sometimes McKenna. He was a bigger factor than Mckenna IMO in taking the WJC-U18 gold medal game away from the Americans.
Good points.
One more thing: Iginla is half year younger than Lindstrom. Age is an important factor when drafting.

Iginla seems skating faster than Lindstrom which looks not so natural.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Didn't Iginla play with Andrew Cristall?

Reactions: NotProkofievian

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I can't compare Iginla and Lindstrom because I haven't seen enough of Lindstrom. What I have seen is impressive though. The u18s just Iginla pilled me so it's hard to remain objective. My ranking is bound to reflect the fact that I'm very confident in Iginla, and Lindstrom is still unknown to me.

Reactions: Rozz and Toene

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Iginla over Lindstrom is just insane to me.. you can't let medicals affect your ranking when you don't have access to it. You just rank the players based on what we have as armchair dudes on a message board.

Lindstrom would have destroyed Iginla's goal totals if he stayed healthy, and he would have done it at a much bigger size, with a more physical/nasty game.

If you have a chance to have a top 6 that had 6'3 Lindstrom, 6'3 Slavkosky and 6'4 Dach with their skill and skating? Very few teams could handle that in 7 games.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lets aim higher and target two from this poll list.

1) Take Iggy 5th. Lots of teams/fans/media/scouts are taking notice and he's a hot trending player at a very young age with solid weight at a young age. Lets not pass on Iggy like we did with Tkachuk.

2) Jets 1st, Mesar, Avs 2nd, and one of Harris, Ylonen, Farrell. Try to get a pick from 12-15 range and take one of Eiserman, Sennecke, Catton, Helenius.

Reactions: Monsieur Miz

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Iginla over Lindstrom is just insane to me.. you can't let medicals affect your ranking when you don't have access to it. You just rank the players based on what we have as armchair dudes on a message board.

Lindstrom would have destroyed Iginla's goal totals if he stayed healthy, and he would have done it at a much bigger size, with a more physical/nasty game.

If you have a chance to have a top 6 that had 6'3 Lindstrom, 6'3 Slavkosky and 6'4 Dach with their skill and skating? Very few teams could handle that in 7 games.
The position of Center is the most devoid position in the entire organization, there's no way they're passing on Lindstrom (assuming Demidov goes before).

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not enough discussion about Beckett Sennecke

Looks good. Reminds me of R Lavoie when he was dominating in the Q against weak D coverage. However, what I will say is Sennecke has great hands for a big guy. Offensive instincts are very high. He's deceptive and skating / edge work is solid.

When I watch video like this, I always watch the guys on D trying to cover him. Do they know what they are doing or are they the weaker/younger guys on D. Difficult to know from this video.

Is there any video of Sennecke at the international level? He played U17's last year. I'd like to see samples of this kind of video against world competition. Doesn't have any U18's to look at.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad