The Josh Anderson Thread

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
Ferris seems like he has a narrative with those negotiations.
"Tobias Rieder is considering moving to KHL", "Athanasiu will go to KHL", "Sam Bennet will go to Europe", "Anderson will go to Swiss".

Let's see how that worked out

Rieder 2.25
Bennet 1.95

And this year 2 still unsigned. With the cap issue Detroit has they couldn't sign AA to more even if they wanted to. Anderson better wake up and smell the roses soon.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Ferris seems like he has a narrative with those negotiations.
"Tobias Rieder is considering moving to KHL", "Athanasiu will go to KHL", "Sam Bennet will go to Europe", "Anderson will go to Swiss".

I hadn't remembered this post. Shame on me for thinking that I had an original thought:laugh:

Ferris really is trying to rock the RFA boat. As the post above this one just mentioned, he hasn't been very successful to this point. Looks like he'll cave on the Anderson negotiations sooner rather than later.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
They just moved a 1st to protect Anderson, he's not going anywhere.

Some of you turn unbelievably quickly on a player who was a fan favorite a few months ago.

The 1st was to take Clarkson (see: Islanders' Gabrovski).

The 2nd was to "steer" VGK to take Karlsson or Calvert (see: Pens' Fleury).

They "bought" additional protection for Anderson AND Korpi AND JJ. Anderson isn't special.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
The 1st was to take Clarkson (see: Islanders' Gabrovski).

I haven't given it much thought since expansion but I didn't think that either Grabo or Clarkson cost firsts to move. LTIR players with insured salaries aren't as difficult to hold for a non cap team, and the Isles received the more important benefit of Vegas taking Berube rather than De Haan, Strome, etc...

They "bought" additional protection for Anderson AND Korpi AND JJ. Anderson isn't special.

I would guess that Anderson's value to Vegas, and to us, would be much higher than the other two. Neither team has much trouble acquiring #4D-men or young backups. Potential 30 goal scorers are much harder to get.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Anderson has had 1 good season, comps are pretty straight forward, give him a 2 year deal averaging 1.8 mill per season, and let him show the management, it wasn't a fluke. If he doesn't take that, trade him or let him sit. We don't need this distraction . Also, Pld fills in easily with the size component, and its not like we are a small team . Also, agree with above. The first we gave up, was mainly to get Clarkson off the books. They plan to use that money to make a trade for Duchene. No doubt they didn't want to let Korpi or Anderson go for no return though, they would both be coveted assets.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I feel like I've been a strong advocate for Anderson.

I feel like I've rarely said players are getting too much money.

I never figured Anderson would make/ask for $2 mil plus.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
We're in the neighborhood of $2m because that's what his RFA comps get. Let's not lose sight of the fact that he's almost certainly going to provide more than $2m in value on the ice. You pay for past results not future with RFAs because you can get away with it and it's cheaper. Judging by the "just trade him" reaction, I have to wonder what folks are thinking.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Maybe that 2 year bridge deal at 1.8 isn't on the table.

Doubting that Jarmo is looking at a long term deal, on a player that had 1 good year. Bridge deal would be almost a certain. No way we aren't offering atleast 1.6 mill per season, so that difference wouldn't be Vast , as reported. Jarmo has a track record as being pretty fair , but frugal. Andersons agent has the reputation of being a pain in the rear to deal with. If hes asking more than 1.8 mill per season, see what we can get in a trade ? Have to think Colorado would be interested in a young player that has shown offensive ability.

Dexter20

Dec 18, 2013
Maybe the "vast difference" isn't the dollar value maybe its the term.

1.6M x 2 is a good deal he should sign it if its on the table. 1.6M x 3 not so much

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I "love" how it went from 98% to 83% in a couple of hours.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
He could be sent to Cleveland on a conditioning stint for a couple games if he misses camp. But that's it - we can't pretend like he isn't one of the best goal scoring talents on the roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad