The Josh Anderson Thread

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
I for the most part have not been worried about the RFA signings this offseason.

But, I'm starting to get a bit concerned with Josh Anderson's holdout thus far.
First- I didn't foresee Anderson being a difficult sign. I'm still trying to figure out how the 2 sides are so far apart on this deal...

Second- I'm becoming less optimistic he'll play on opening night. Personally, if he misses a couple games to start the year- I still think the Jackets will be ok. Jackets pretty much hold "leverage" over Anderson/agent.

Options if he's not ready conditioning wise- Healthy scratch a few games to start the year. Play him on the 4th line with diminished minutes. They could probably do a conditioning loan to Cleveland, but I'm doubtful

However, I still don't think he is likely to be traded to Colorado for Matt Duchene due to this holdout. I personally am putting the brakes on the Matt Duchene trade hype for a while as of now. Colorado seems content to keep him for now.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
I for the most part have not been worried about the RFA signings this offseason.

But, I'm starting to get a bit concerned with Josh Anderson's holdout thus far.
First- I didn't foresee Anderson being a difficult sign. I'm still trying to figure out how the 2 sides are so far apart on this deal...

Second- I'm becoming less optimistic he'll play on opening night. Personally, if he misses a couple games to start the year- I still think the Jackets will be ok. Jackets pretty much hold "leverage" over Anderson/agent.

Options if he's not ready conditioning wise- Healthy scratch a few games to start the year. Play him on the 4th line with diminished minutes. They could probably do a conditioning loan to Cleveland, but I'm doubtful

However, I still don't think he is likely to be traded to Colorado for Matt Duchene due to this holdout. I personally am putting the brakes on the Matt Duchene trade hype for a while as of now. Colorado seems content to keep him for now.

We still don't have numbers. You know things are really bad when concrete details start getting leaked, ala Johansen

I may have a college degree but I don't think this will drag on much longer.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
We still don't have numbers. You know things are really bad when concrete details start getting leaked, ala Johansen

I may have a college degree but I don't think this will drag on much longer.

I'm with you.

It's a one agent crusade and he's fighting a virtually impossible battle. I don't blame him for attempting to move the goal posts for RFA compensation, but if it's Ferris against the world with Josh Anderson and the kid from Detroit as his exhibits A and B, it's not a winning battle.

I'll say he's signed within a week of today.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Again I'm just worried for Anderson here. He's listening to his agent trusting him to get it done and I'm not holding a grudge here because it's being handled right with no side coming out to the media and letting it play out without attacking each other. Ive just always been a huge fan of his and he has won at every level and I see him being a big part of this team winning. If he loses his job we lose even more grit. I don't want to turn into a team with a finesse only style. We have Jenner, Dubi, and Fligs only if Anderson isn't here. That's not the kind of team we should be.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Again I'm just worried for Anderson here. He's listening to his agent trusting him to get it done and I'm not holding a grudge here because it's being handled right with no side coming out to the media and letting it play out without attacking each other. Ive just always been a huge fan of his and he has won at every level and I see him being a big part of this team winning. If he loses his job we lose even more grit. I don't want to turn into a team with a finesse only style. We have Jenner, Dubi, and Fligs only if Anderson isn't here. That's not the kind of team we should be.

PLD, Calvert, Sedlak...

Anderson can make this all go away. Don't feel bad for the guy.

Dexter20

Dec 18, 2013
Totally agree with Mikeyp24

I've heard " just flip Abramov in there or Bittner they are ready to fill the whole and replace him "...too very good talents there maybe great someday remains to be seen.

That said #34 is going to be hard to replace anyone who disagrees is a little delusional.

CBJ play Pitt how many times this year? That's Reaves crashing the net, chirping the bench, running our D. Anderson's grit and his willingness to stand up for his teammates will be extremely hard to replace and don't think his teammates dont know that. Reference New Years Eve game in Minn when Stewart runs Jones and guess who steps up?

Andy wants a deal to get done but I would hazard his teammates want the deal to get done more than he does.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Totally agree with Mikeyp24

I've heard " just flip Abramov in there or Bittner they are ready to fill the whole and replace him "...too very good talents there maybe great someday remains to be seen.

That said #34 is going to be hard to replace anyone who disagrees is a little delusional.

CBJ play Pitt how many times this year? That's Reaves crashing the net, chirping the bench, running our D. Anderson's grit and his willingness to stand up for his teammates will be extremely hard to replace and don't think his teammates dont know that. Reference New Years Eve game in Minn when Stewart runs Jones and guess who steps up?

Andy wants a deal to get done but I would hazard his teammates want the deal to get done more than he does.

I'm really not worried about being out muscled this season. I bet most of our players minus a handful are all over 200 and most of them are over 6'

Edit: 4 on offense are under 200 if you include Wennberg at 196 3 of which are under 6'

And on D, only Nuutivara and Caisson are listed at under 200lbs.

I'm really not worried about this team being outplayed physically, the game is evolving into a much more skilled type of game and if players wanna try to make runs at anyone there is almost always going to be someone on the ice who can stand for the small guys. And nobody really is going to take a run at Calvert or Atkinson without getting jumped.

Last edited:

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
If it's true that's not far off on the CBJ side. Brown signed for 3 @$2.15. The question is what is the want on the other side now.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Just because you hover 200 doesn't mean you play big and cant get pushed around

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/...d4ab4d13f7a6299b212fd396ab4ce324&action=click

Tortarella said the bench was 10 feet tall after this one.

While that may be true, majority of our lineup is made up of gritty, two way players. Which is why it was so important for us to get a player like Panarin. Hell I'd bet most of our offensive skill before the trade was on the blueline in Jones and Werenski. We are suddenly going to be out matched because of a single player.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'm really not worried about being out muscled this season. I bet most of our players minus a handful are all over 200 and most of them are over 6'

Edit: 4 on offense are under 200 if you include Wennberg at 196 3 of which are under 6'

And on D, only Nuutivara and Caisson are listed at under 200lbs.

This summer alone, Hartnell gone, Kolesar gone, and we just traded a beast in Saad for a little elf in Panarin.

After Anderson the RWs are the small Abramov, Bjorkstrand, and Atkinson. At least Foligno can play both sides, but the days where we can ask him to do everything, fight everyone, will come to an end some year soon.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

I think that's a fair offer.

But for the CBJ sake we need him to take the 3 year offer, and it's worth paying a bit more even to make sure he does.

Does anyone honestly believe he won't be earning much much more than that on his next deal?

Why save a few hundred K this year (when we have enough space) when it will cost us millions in 2019 (in the biggest crunch?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad