The Josh Anderson Thread

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Finally it's settled. Hopefully Josh comes ready to play, he's gonna have some kids breathing down his neck for his spot.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Glad it's done, but this just proves how bad his agent is. I know others players won't be mad, but u would be if I was one of his teammates. He wasn't out there working hard during training camp with them and he gained nothing from sitting out. He got the same contract he could have bad before.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
With team not yet confirming I'd laugh so hard if this was actually a sign & trade.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I gotta think that this deal had been out there for a while already. Hopefully Andy's head is right and he comes in ready to make the FO pay big time on his next contract. That is a very club friendly rate for his production.

What production?

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Josh Anderson has agreed to a 3yr deal at 1.85 per year . Hope torts skates him into the ground for this unnecessary Bs

There is 0% chance of this happening. There is a business side to the sport. Sometimes it isn't always pleasant. But no professional organization would ever "punish" a player for a difficult contract negotiation. When He gets to town Torts will assess his fitness and figure out his lines with Josh in the lineup. When's He's ready He'll be on the ice.

Drop the puck already.

#CBJ

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
There is 0% chance of this happening. There is a business side to the sport. Sometimes it isn't always pleasant. But no professional organization would ever "punish" a player for a difficult contract negotiation. When He gets to town Torts will assess his fitness and figure out his lines with Josh in the lineup. When's He's ready He'll be on the ice.

Drop the puck already.

#CBJ
I bet he still has to do some testing. Wennberg had to run the 2 mile when he came in late (albeit he came in days late, not weeks/months)

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
I think Torts can respect the business side of the game and what Josh had to take care of to secure a very meager salary.

Personally, I have no issue with Anderson and I know he'll bring his lunch pail to every game.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Glad he signed but now its put up or shut time. He needs to get to 25-25 or so in the next 3 years to earnhis next deal.

Glad he's signed, too, but I'm thinking it's well earned if he 17-20 goals and adds a few more assists with 3rd line TOI. That said, he may get a few more minutes if he finds himself playing RW on a line with Dubi and Jenner (whenever Jenner does return).

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Is there a reserve list he can be kept on while he goes about reporting/undergoing his physical and fitness testing (and maybe a few days of conditioning to get into game shape) or does he have to take up a 23-man roster spot during that time?

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Is there a reserve list he can be kept on while he goes about reporting/undergoing his physical and fitness testing (and maybe a few days of conditioning to get into game shape) or does he have to take up a 23-man roster spot during that time?

Yeah I think he's your healthy scratch if that's how you want to approach it but otherwise no - although maybe there's some arrangement of which I'm not aware.

Reactions: Jackets Woodchuck

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Jarmo says that he doesn't expect Anderson to be in the opening night lineup...probably going to need a few games to get his legs under him, as I'd expect him to do testing and conditioning on his own

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Jarmo says that he doesn't expect Anderson to be in the opening night lineup...probably going to need a few games to get his legs under him, as I'd expect him to do testing and conditioning on his own

Yeah, figured that was going to happen. He's going to have to work his way into the lineup.

I saw a couple of other comments in here, I'm not sure you can use a conditioning assignment for a voluntary holdout/contract dispute. That almost might be interesting to read in the CBA.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Anyone else think he expected to take this deal all along but waited to sign until now so he could skip training camp?
No because Torts will still make him stake until he can't skate any more. He's not in the lineup Friday which indicates he'll have to earn his spot and get through the paces like everyone else. That's fair. Glad he's back. Hoping he's successful and grows into a top 9 role this year.

Reactions: Jackets Woodchuck

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Hypothetically:

what are the chances that this is a sign and trade to get Duchene? No chance? Slim? JUST WONDERING (please don't attack me).

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Hypothetically:

what are the chances that this is a sign and trade to get Duchene? No chance? Slim? JUST WONDERING (please don't attack me).

I would say less than 5%. If it were a sign and trade, the deal would have already been done, the Jackets wouldn't have bothered with a press release stating they signed him, and Duchene would have been here weeks ago. CBJ want Anderson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad