The Jordan Thread

swerdnase

Jan 27, 2013
MIchael would do whatever it took to win the game. He didn't need to do everything but when he was asked, these are the types of numbers he could put up. In today's game? Forget about it. There is no debate for GOAT in my mind.

EWzm2W_X0AE0Dqv

The Time Jordan Played Point Guard | Hoops Amino

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Doubt well ever see a player have a year like he did in 1988, scoring leader, DPOY, MVP. All-NBA 1st team & 1st team all-defence.
Hakeem's 1994 season is the other one that comes to mind. He led the Rockets to the title, won Finals MVP, RS League MVP, DPOY, All-NBA First Team, All-Defensive First Team, led the RS in blocks/gm, and the playoffs in WS and VORP.

Statistically, he averaged 27.3 PPG, 11.9 RPG, 3.6 APG, 3.7 BPG, 1.6 SPG on 53% shooting in the reg season.

In the playoffs, by series:

First round - 34 PPG, 11 RPG, 4.8 APG, 3.8 BPG, 2.3 SPG on 50% shooting, sweeping a 47-win Blazers team

Second round - 28.7 PPG, 13.6 RPG, 4.6 APG, 3.9 BPG, 1 SPG on 56% shooting, winning in 7 games against Barkley's Suns (held Chuck to 45% shooting in series)

Conf. Finals - 27.8 PPG, 10.2 RPG, 4.4 APG, 4.6 BPG, 2.6 SPG on 50% shooting, winning in 5 against Stockton/Malone's Jazz (held Malone to 43% shooting in series)

NBA Finals - 26.9 PPG, 9.1 RPG, 3.6 APG, 3.9 BPG, 1.6 SPG on 50% shooting, winning in 7 against the physical Knicks (notoriously held Ewing to 36% shooting in finals)

It's also worth mentioning that the second best player on his team during this run was a very distant joint-second between Otis Thorpe and Vernon Maxwell.

Last edited:
Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
MIchael would do whatever it took to win the game. He didn't need to do everything but when he was asked, these are the types of numbers he could put up. In today's game? Forget about it. There is no debate for GOAT in my mind.

EWzm2W_X0AE0Dqv

The Time Jordan Played Point Guard | Hoops Amino

While you have media people like Nick Wright gassing up LeBron as the GOAT every chance they get, I feel like the majority of hoops fans agree that MJ is the GOAT.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
While you have media people like Nick Wright gassing up LeBron as the GOAT every chance they get, I feel like the majority of hoops fans agree that MJ is the GOAT.
Sharp, Wright, and Williams all need to play the contrarian. If not there would be just a bunch of guys talking about how great Jordan was. It's pretty obvious.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Sharp, Wright, and Williams all need to play the contrarian. If not there would be just a bunch of guys talking about how great Jordan was. It's pretty obvious.
I wouldn't be to harsh on those guys
Same with the Jordanites Skip Bayless and Co

At the end of the end they keep havig those debates for the ratings but off camera I'm sure those guys are not as obtuse

I wouldn't take them too seriously

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Reading jordan Rules I am struck by how he and Gretzky share the same cronyistic streak. You could take a rhesus macaque out of a UNC test lab and put it in a Tar Heel jersey and jordan would want the Bulls to draft him.

My other nitpick about him as the GOAT is his overexposure turned me off as a basketball fan.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Tho it has 0 to do with the actual debate, Jordan's shoes are considerably nicer than LeBrons.

People wear Air Jordans casually whereas the LeBron's are purely basketball shoes, never understood why Nike didnt try to make them double as a "lifestyle" shoe the way Jordans are (now I'm not sure nor do I think that was their original intention w/ his shoe line).

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Tho it has 0 to do with the actual debate, Jordan's shoes are considerably nicer than LeBrons.

People wear Air Jordans casually whereas the LeBron's are purely basketball shoes, never understood why Nike didnt try to make them double as a "lifestyle" shoe the way Jordans are (now I'm not sure nor do I think that was their original intention w/ his shoe line).
When Jordans first came out they were marketed as basketball shoes but people turned them into street wear. Up until around Jordan 10's there weren't many different colour schemes to choose from. LeBron's shoes are kind of an ugly design. Hip Hop in the 80's and 90's propelled Air Jordan's into the mainstream. The whole culture of street style was a thing. Now with present culture everything is over exposed due to the internet and LeBron's shoes are just another of the many branded shoes out there. I had the Jordan 5's, and 10's and only used them in gym's for practice and games. Also had the Air flight lights, Killer cross overs(air raids), Patrick Ewing's red suede and Air Force Max.

41TmfKgt6PL.jpg

517bOuYUVNL._AC_UY500_.jpg

nike-air-raid-black-flint-grey-white-01.jpg

air-jordan-10-og-white-black-light-steel-grey-010296_2.jpg

Reactions: Voight

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I wouldn't be so sure

I would because nothing we've known about Jordan, even before the documentary series, indicates someone with his competitiveness would risk anything.To suggest otherwise, is just typical HFBoards assclownery, similar to Kadri +1st for Crosby.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fighter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad