The Jersey Thread III

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Resurrecting the thread to post a big one.

2000-01 CBJ Ron Tugnutt Home Game Worn Jersey

2000-01%20CBJ%20Ron%20Tugnutt%20Home%201-M.jpg

2000-01%20CBJ%20Ron%20Tugnutt%20Home%202-M.jpg

Reactions: CBJbaker

bobbyp6565

4th Line Goon
Sep 8, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Just recently landed an Inaugural Year Jackets as well -

2000-2001 Krzysztof Oliwa gameworn Blue Jackets home jersey, Set 1 – good wear, shortened sleeves with elastic added to the cuffs, shortened jersey body, blood stains on the back, with Blue Jackets Inaugural Season patch and restored nameplate (it was removed for jersey to be recycled after he was traded, then restored again prior to being sold by team) -

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
2000-2001 Krzysztof Oliwa gameworn Blue Jackets home jersey, Set 1 – good wear, shortened sleeves with elastic added to the cuffs, shortened jersey body, blood stains on the back, with Blue Jackets Inaugural Season patch and restored nameplate (it was removed for jersey to be recycled after he was traded, then restored again prior to being sold by team) -

Nice Oliwa/Selivanov. I don't know about the nameplate, though. If the team did it, it was the team store. The trainers would have used the correct material and letters. My guess is that either the team store added it (they normally wouldn't though) or some fan did well after the fact. Notice the size of the real Oliwa nameplate:

picture.php

It's a real Oliwa game worn - it's just the nameplate that is bad. I explained this to the original owner when I saw this jersey in person a year or so ago :)

Last edited:

bobbyp6565

4th Line Goon
Sep 8, 2013
Baltimore, MD
My understanding is the jersey is as he originally bought it - if the nameplate isn't the one originally on the jersey when Oliwa wore it, so be it. Not that big a deal to me in the grand scheme of things but appreciate the heads-up -

Another recent add -

2014-2015 Mathieu Gagnon gameworn Springfield Falcons road jersey – double fight straps; huge material-backed repair to front around 2nd fight strap attachment point; repairs to neck from fight damage -

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I must be blind. I don't see a difference.

It's easier to see in person. The spacing and size of the letters are the giveaways. Inaugurals used larger letters than subsequent seasons. and when you put it side by side with another inaugural it's really obvious. Because the letters are smaller, the nameplate is smaller as well - the one in the photo goes closer to the 29 by about quarter to half an inch.

One other neat thing about that Oliwa is that there's evidence of the much longer nameplate used for Selivanvov too. Between this kind of stuff and the stretchy sleeves it's a really neat example of a jersey from that era.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Any of you here know the Set Schedules for this year? Pre-ordered Gagner's Set 1 Roadie and am trying to figure out whether it is still in use or if they've moved to Set 2?

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Any of you here know the Set Schedules for this year? Pre-ordered Gagner's Set 1 Roadie and am trying to figure out whether it is still in use or if they've moved to Set 2?

Blue set 1 ends 12/27/2016
White set 1 ends 12/31/2016
Third set 1 ends 1/19/2016 (100 year patch is being added to set 1)

gocbj

Aug 3, 2007
C9
...a little help, please....

I have a Gaborik CBJ jersey. It's the...whatever it's called - the pro style more expensive one from the Blueline (not sure if that matters, but just in case). I want to remove the nameplate and turn it into a Wennberg jersey. Does anyone know how to remove the nameplate?

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
...a little help, please....

I have a Gaborik CBJ jersey. It's the...whatever it's called - the pro style more expensive one from the Blueline (not sure if that matters, but just in case). I want to remove the nameplate and turn it into a Wennberg jersey. Does anyone know how to remove the nameplate?

seam ripper and heat. it will leave glue residue, but the new nameplate will cover it. Most dry cleaners do light tailoring and can probably do this easier than you. You can do it too, with a really sharp blade or small scissors, but you're likely to create pulls in the jersey. I'd pay someone to do it. Can't be more than $10.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Super, any pics of your Set 1 pickups? :D

Just one for set 1:

IMG_9422-M.jpg

IMG_9435-M.jpg

I've wanted one of his for awhile now but I've been waiting on him to change his number. I finally gave up this year. This one has 11 repairs, 7 by tape and 4 sewn including a 2x2 L shaped repair on the left sleeve.

I'll be adding some more from later sets, for sure.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Just one for set 1:

IMG_9422-M.jpg

IMG_9435-M.jpg

I've wanted one of his for awhile now but I've been waiting on him to change his number. I finally gave up this year. This one has 11 repairs, 7 by tape and 4 sewn including a 2x2 L shaped repair on the left sleeve.

I'll be adding some more from later sets, for sure.

Damn! Very nice sir!

I was worried about the number change as well - guess his favorite number is 77? Could see it happening next year, kind of like when Wennberg finally emerged he got to change his to 10. As I'm sure you probably know Anderson did state he only has 34 now because that is what the team gave him.

gocbj

Aug 3, 2007
C9
Old 3rd?

Hey I am looking for an old 3rd jersey (from 03/04 - 06/07). Does anyone know where I might find one? Game worn would be great.

Finally...shouldn't the thread name be changed to The Sweater Thread III? ...just sayin'

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Hey I am looking for an old 3rd jersey (from 03/04 - 06/07). Does anyone know where I might find one? Game worn would be great.

Finally...shouldn't the thread name be changed to The Sweater Thread III? ...just sayin'

I always think of sweaters as the wool stuff the old guys wore, but I get what you mean.

What type of player are you hoping for? Not much for sale that I know of, but they're out there. if you're on Facebook, join the Columbus Blue Jackets Game Worn Jersey Collectors group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cbjgamers/

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Has anyone bought the new adidas jerseys? They went on sale yesterday at the Blue Line...

Curious if anyone has, is the quality of the jersey and customization similar to the old reeboks? Better or worse? From what I've read online, reviews aren't too great for the new "authentics" and there are no Canadian made versions available for retail.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Has anyone bought the new adidas jerseys? They went on sale yesterday at the Blue Line...

Curious if anyone has, is the quality of the jersey and customization similar to the old reeboks? Better or worse? From what I've read online, reviews aren't too great for the new "authentics" and there are no Canadian made versions available for retail.

The jersey material looks thinner. I don't know how they will compare to the on ice versions. The blue line is charging $280 for a customized one. NHL.com is $250.

I'd like to know if Adidas has any intention of a replica or am I stuck paying $250 to get one with a name on it.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
The jersey material looks thinner. I don't know how they will compare to the on ice versions. The blue line is charging $280 for a customized one. NHL.com is $250.

I'd like to know if Adidas has any intention of a replica or am I stuck paying $250 to get one with a name on it.

There are replicas being made by fanatics, but I don't think they're available yet. Not holding my breath on those, as I've heard the quality is pretty meh

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
There are replicas being made by fanatics, but I don't think they're available yet. Not holding my breath on those, as I've heard the quality is pretty meh

If they are Fanatics branded and not adidas I'd rather just break down and buy from NHL.com but no way I'm paying Blue Line prices.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
If they are Fanatics branded and not adidas I'd rather just break down and buy from NHL.com but no way I'm paying Blue Line prices.

The thing is, in the past, customization done by the blue line on authentics was always correct. Not so with the NHL. They don’t even get media tour jerseys right. Spacing is off, lettering is off, etc.

STH discount helps too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad