The Jersey Thread III

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Exactly why I was so depressed when they told me they don't carry them at the blue line. Like that's one of their best looking hoodies and they don't stock them.
Even if they did carry them at the blue line they would mark them up significantly. You be guaranteed to the get better deal on Shop.NHL.com even without their frequent deals they offer.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Finally got my hands on an Adidas gamer. I must say it's a hell of a lot better quality than the retail "authentics". Picked this bad boy up through an auction the team/Meigray was holding last weekend. Got it at a surprisingly low price, too, which is a plus! For only being worn in two games, this jersey has some nice wear...

augvQu1.jpg

exBp8lp.jpg

ync5e9J.jpg

Cz27RiT.jpg

SBLDwZK.jpg

Tz6VfiH.jpg

Reactions: CPTN71

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Matt Calvert jerseys usually end up with nice wear... I have a game worn road Calvert from 2013.. It's got a huge stitch repair in a sideways V shaped formation to the back near the numbers.. Board marks are present throughout the front and arms of the jersey.. I think one of the coolest things is that it has a reddish/pink stain on the front that's been there since I got it. I like to claim that it's a blood stain :)

Reactions: JohnnyJacket13

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
A few jersey-related questions:

- Does anybody know the last season the retail authentics were the same construction as the game jerseys?

- Is it true that the NHL, from the beginning of retail jersey sales, has mandated slightly different name/number fonts for all retail jerseys, including authentics, from what is worn on the ice?

- Is there anywhere to buy a retail version of the Adidas practice jerseys or are they team issue only?

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
A few jersey-related questions:

- Does anybody know the last season the retail authentics were the same construction as the game jerseys?

- Is it true that the NHL, from the beginning of retail jersey sales, has mandated slightly different name/number fonts for all retail jerseys, including authentics, from what is worn on the ice?

- Is there anywhere to buy a retail version of the Adidas practice jerseys or are they team issue only?

1) The last season retail authentics were truly the same as the game jerseys were when the RBK Edge 1.0s were sold/worn on the ice. There are RBK 2.0 7287s to be had that are almost identical to the game issued jerseys (slight differences in the neck tagging, but otherwise they're the same).

2) I believe this is true. Most teams have their own customizing teams that are outsourced for their game worn unis. The numbers/nameplate on the current CBJ retail jerseys in the Blue Line are not the same in material and perforation as the gamers.

3) Not sure about retail versions of the practice jerseys, but Miegray has a few of the Adidas practice jerseys in stock: Item Detail - adidas<br>Navy Practice Jersey w/ OhioHealth Patch <br>Columbus Blue Jackets 2017-18<br> Size: 58

Reactions: Jackets Woodchuck

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Is there a good local recommended place for jersey stittching? I went the Blue Line to buy a white Adidas and get a name put on it but they told me that the place the send will only do the old numbers. They could heat press the Adidas numbers in the store and then have it sent out just for the stitching. I only want to do the heat pressing if I can get a reliable stitching job without paying an arm and a leg for shipping or anything like that. I figured I'd ask if there are any trustable local place I could take it to before I break down on the heat press names and numbers.

I also forgot to ask but do they use nameplates on heat pressed names?

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Is there a good local recommended place for jersey stittching? I went the Blue Line to buy a white Adidas and get a name put on it but they told me that the place the send will only do the old numbers. They could heat press the Adidas numbers in the store and then have it sent out just for the stitching. I only want to do the heat pressing if I can get a reliable stitching job without paying an arm and a leg for shipping or anything like that. I figured I'd ask if there are any trustable local place I could take it to before I break down on the heat press names and numbers.

I also forgot to ask but do they use nameplates on heat pressed names?

They use nameplates, but I don't believe the use the same materials as the on-ice authentics. Pretty sure they stitch the letters on and heat press it to the jersey

Reactions: Iron Balls McGinty

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
They use nameplates, but I don't believe the use the same materials as the on-ice authentics. Pretty sure they stitch the letters on and heat press it to the jersey
If all they do in the shop is heat press, do they already have the player nameplates ready to use? I’ve only ever had them ship my jerseys away for customization so I’ve never watched them in the shop.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
If all they do in the shop is heat press, do they already have the player nameplates ready to use? I’ve only ever had them ship my jerseys away for customization so I’ve never watched them in the shop.

I would assume so? Tbh I haven’t bought a jersey from the blue line in quite some time. The last few have been from JerseyBaron on eBay and through Meigray

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Has anyone sent a jersey to Exclusive Pro for the stitching recently? I've always heard great things about their work and I'm thinking about contacting them to send them my CBJ jerseys over the summer to get done. I wasn't aware of this but it looks like they do official work for several NHL and NFL teams. I wasn't sure what their turn around times are if I were to send some to them.

213 Sentinel

Jul 2, 2006
Marysville, Ohio
Has anyone sent a jersey to Exclusive Pro for the stitching recently? I've always heard great things about their work and I'm thinking about contacting them to send them my CBJ jerseys over the summer to get done. I wasn't aware of this but it looks like they do official work for several NHL and NFL teams. I wasn't sure what their turn around times are if I were to send some to them.

I've used them. Their work is good. Just be prepared to wait, however, as they do stuff mostly for entire teams at almost every level of sport.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Do we know how these Adidas letters and numbers are cut? I’m preparing to send my jerseys to exclusive pro for customization and I do not know if these are technically layered or reverse kiss. Since the numbers are perforated I’m guessing reverse but I just want to be sure what to tell them.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Do we know how these Adidas letters and numbers are cut? I’m preparing to send my jerseys to exclusive pro for customization and I do not know if these are technically layered or reverse kiss. Since the numbers are perforated I’m guessing reverse but I just want to be sure what to tell them.

They are single layer sublimated.

Reactions: JohnnyJacket13

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Anyone have any speculations on a new 3rd jersey?

Sounds like CBJ are getting one. I’m thinking it will probably be pretty close to the prior 3rd. I’m curious if they’ll have many or any differences.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Anyone have any speculations on a new 3rd jersey?

Sounds like CBJ are getting one. I’m thinking it will probably be pretty close to the prior 3rd. I’m curious if they’ll have many or any differences.

My guess is that it'll probably just be the same cannon-themed jersey we had in the past (but on the Adidas template) with the new number font.

I'd love to see something new, but I wouldn't be disappointed if it's just a reboot of our old third.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Couple Jerseys for sale.

2016-2017 Josh Anderson St Pats jersey. $400 shipped

Anderson%202016-2017%20Warm%20Up%20Worn%20St%20Partick's%20Jersey%20Front-X2.jpg

Anderson%202016-2017%20Warm%20Up%20Worn%20St%20Partick's%20Jersey%20Back-X2.jpg

Anderson%202016-2017%20Warm%20Up%20Worn%20St%20Partick's%20Jersey%20Set%20Tag-2184x943.jpg

2014-2015 Game Worn Matt Calvert $450 shipped

Calvert%202014-2015%20Game%20Worn%20Jersey%20Front-X2.jpg

Calvert%202014-2015%20Game%20Worn%20Jersey%20Back-X2.jpg

Calvert%202014-2015%20Game%20Worn%20Jersey%20Set%20Tag-X2.jpg

2017-2018 Jack Johnson Game Worn Jersey $550 shipped

Johnson%202017-2018%20Game%20Worn%20Jersey%20Front-X2.jpg

Johnson%202017-2018%20Game%20Worn%20Jersey%20Back-X2.jpg

Johnson%202017-2018%20Game%20Worn%20Jersey%20Set%20Tag-2203x943.jpg

2017-2018 Bjorkstrand Game Worn Jersey $550 Shipped
Bjorkstrand 2017-2018 Game Worn Jersey Front-X2.jpg

Bjorkstrand 2017-2018 Game Worn Jersey Back-X2.jpg

Bjorkstrand 2017-2018 Game Worn Jersey Set Tag.jpg

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
For those of you who have gotten an actual authentic game worn, team issued Adidas jersey, are the sizes of them more in line with standard sizing or do they run small like the Adidas retail jerseys from Indonesia? Are the Adidas practice jerseys the same?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->