The Jersey Thread III

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
I have a size 54 Adidas gamer and it’s relatively close in sizing compared to the Reebok gamer I have. I’ve read elsewhere that the differences between 54s and 56s are negligible.

Can’t speak to the retail versions or practice jerseys as I’ve not tried one on.

gocbj

Aug 3, 2007
C9
I bought the Atkinson Military jersey and it is a 56 that fits like a 54 IMO. Sleeves are shorter too and I can't imagine that he would have had it modified for warmups....

Reactions: SuperGenius

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I bought the Atkinson Military jersey and it is a 56 that fits like a 54 IMO. Sleeves are shorter too and I can't imagine that he would have had it modified for warmups....
Nice. They texted me yesterday morning that I won the raffle for Korpi's jersey. It's a 58G so I'm wondering how it will fit compared to my other retail jerseys I own. I'm waiting to hear back from them when I can pick it up. I'm hoping tomorrow since I'm off work for MLK day.

For what it's worth, Meigray lists both the Reebok and Adidas Atkinson game worn jerseys as a size 54.

Reactions: SuperGenius

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
With Reebok, practice jerseys ran smaller than game jerseys. So a player that normally wore 56 in a game jersey usually wore 58 in practice. The note about Cam's jersey above tells me Adidas is about the same.

Like another poster said, Adidas and Reebok game jerseys are comparable. Adidas jerseys are a little shorter, the neck is higher and the sleeves taper at the wrists. I don't know how Adidas retail jerseys are sized.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
With Reebok, practice jerseys ran smaller than game jerseys. So a player that normally wore 56 in a game jersey usually wore 58 in practice. The note about Cam's jersey above tells me Adidas is about the same.

Like another poster said, Adidas and Reebok game jerseys are comparable. Adidas jerseys are a little shorter, the neck is higher and the sleeves taper at the wrists. I don't know how Adidas retail jerseys are sized.
I picked up my Korpi jersey today. I'm sure some of it may be because it is goalie cut but I have a 60 Adidas retail authentic and this 58G is considerably looser around the chest. They don't sell a retail 58 but the sizing specs for the 60 indicate the chest size goes up to 55".

I do feel like the Adidas retail authentics run small. They are certainly smaller than the Reeboks. When they first came out I expected the 56 would fit me considering I wore a 2XL Reebok replica. That being said I don't believe I've ever tried on a Reebok 2.0 Canadian made authentic. I do own a 1.0 that I picked up on a clearance sale from some leftover development camp items a few years ago that is a 58 and it was pretty comparable to the Reebok replica sizing.

rabinsurance

Jul 5, 2007
I picked up my Korpi jersey today. I'm sure some of it may be because it is goalie cut but I have a 60 Adidas retail authentic and this 58G is considerably looser around the chest. They don't sell a retail 58 but the sizing specs for the 60 indicate the chest size goes up to 55".

I do feel like the Adidas retail authentics run small. They are certainly smaller than the Reeboks. When they first came out I expected the 56 would fit me considering I wore a 2XL Reebok replica. That being said I don't believe I've ever tried on a Reebok 2.0 Canadian made authentic. I do own a 1.0 that I picked up on a clearance sale from some leftover development camp items a few years ago that is a 58 and it was pretty comparable to the Reebok replica sizing.
You are 100% correct on the Adidas retail jerseys running small. There also is a big inconsistency of their sizing. But I also found the Reebok Indo-made jerseys to be this way also. The Canadian-made gamers generally don't fall victim to this as much. At least in the Reebok's. I haven't really had the opportunity to compare the Adidas gamers to the retail. But what you're describing pretty much sums up what I thought and have read elsewhere. Congrats on the pickup.

gocbj

Aug 3, 2007
C9
Nice. They texted me yesterday morning that I won the raffle for Korpi's jersey. It's a 58G so I'm wondering how it will fit compared to my other retail jerseys I own. I'm waiting to hear back from them when I can pick it up. I'm hoping tomorrow since I'm off work for MLK day.

For what it's worth, Meigray lists both the Reebok and Adidas Atkinson game worn jerseys as a size 54.

I also got his white ASG jersey from the CBJ Foundation auction and it is a 54 (although I have not picked it up yet since he had not yet signed it as of last night...). I'm betting he tried on the size 54 camo and it felt small so he went w 56

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Picked this up about two weeks ago. Meigray was holding an in-game auction with the Jackets, and I figured that this might be the best opportunity to snag a GW/GI MIC third jersey at a reasonable price (cheaper than what MICs get sold for). I'm thinking about getting the name/number stripped and adding a #18 Dubois, as long as I can find proper customization that's not stupid expensive (any help on that would be appreciated
default_smile.png
)

Dean Kukan GI 2019 alternate jersey

mvIuxWH.jpg

TPcKrhJ.jpg

And for those of you who have a subscription to The Athletic, here is a neat story behind the set tags of this year's jerseys. Pretty unique stuff, which is another reason why I wanted to get a gamer from this season.

Tag, you're it! The unique detail within Blue Jackets'...

qSpDieo.jpg

Reactions: CPTN71

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
BE1CE3A6-DB57-4225-BC93-F92F3A744434.jpeg
Speaking of set tags. This is the tag on the military appreciation jerseys. I can’t really tell what it is. I’m guessing the bridge along the river downtown but it’s hard to pinpoint in the dark.

Reactions: CPTN71

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
These are not game-worns but I just saw a tweet from Cam. If you wanna donate money to a good cause, check out his autographed jersey (for auction) on Underdogs United. Sonny Milano has a jersey on there right now and looks like Foligno's hasn't started yet but is coming.

Cam Atkinson Autographed Jersey

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
For anyone who has ordered from Exclusivepro for custom work. What is the longest you've waited for a return on an item? I sent 2 jerseys in between Christmas and New Year's Day. I'm coming up on the 12th week so I'm thinking they should be done soon but I don't want to bug the company unless I know I should have had them by now..

CBJbaker

Feb 26, 2020
Resurrecting the thread to post a big one.

2000-01 CBJ Ron Tugnutt Home Game Worn Jersey

2000-01%20CBJ%20Ron%20Tugnutt%20Home%201-M.jpg
Do you still have the Tugnutt Jersey? I’ve been looking for one for a while, that and pretty much any CBJ inaugural jersey in small or medium. I’m hoping they bring they OG Jersey back one of these years. Funny how in 20 years that Jersey has really grown on me. I’ve never really liked our current ones too much, but they get the job done. If you ever sell the Tugnutt I’d be interested for sure. Go Jackets — #VoteTugnutt

2000-01%20CBJ%20Ron%20Tugnutt%20Home%202-M.jpg

gocbj

Aug 3, 2007
C9
I have about 50 jerseys and I want to go down to my favorite 5 or 6. They are 90% good / high end ones (several were $500 - $1000 and the rest are the expensive rack ones). Several were Meigray or CBJ Auctions. Would love to sell in bulk but I get reality. Any ideas on what to do? about 30-35 are CBJ...ish and half other interesting stuff. Examples: Foudy St P Day signed...Nash Atlanta ASG game worn and signed...Dorsett GW white and GW blue...Brassard rookie #32 signed...Werenski and Bjorkstrand Retros signed...Off their backs (Brassard, Balastik, Sestito)...GW Rychel, Svitov. Several of the real ones (or whatever they are...$300 ish ones) a few Nash...Brassard...Panarin...Jenner (white, blue and 3rds). Then other stuff: GW Kovalchuk Thrashers signed...Ribero GW w Dallas...Malhotra GW w Dallas...then a few Shelleys w rangers and Sharks...Brassard w Ottawa...Crosby Winter Classic baby Blue. And about 25 or 30 more. Some GW various and some just misc stuff that looked cool.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

gocbj

Aug 3, 2007
C9
I will put together a list within a few days. Getting ready to head to Vegas for a week. No Juniors from Overseas...I don't think ?? I have a few that I bought because they looked cool...no clue really wat they are. I might go back to my ebay purchases and copy those descriptions.

Or if you are interested, I am in Dublin (Bridge Park). Might be easiest to just come look if you are close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->