The hole on the second line (Tangradi -> Kennedy -> Glass -> ???)

Gary Roberts

Have you seen my father?
Oct 23, 2009
Why not give Dustin Jeffrey a chance on Geno's line?

Oh wait... Disco Dan doesn't want to give anyone an actual chance on Geno's wing.

Soon enough the 2nd line LW will be Craig Adams, and then Dan Bylsma will have to hold a clip board in front of his crotch to hide his then permenant erection

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
It's only been 5 games. Jeffrey will get another shot. He had an egregious turnover in the Flyers game though. Say what you will about Adams lack of offense or anything else but he doesn't make many mistakes out there. That's why the coaches like him and why he's a fixture on the 4th line.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
It's only been 5 games. Jeffrey will get another shot. He had an egregious turnover in the Flyers game though. Say what you will about Adams lack of offense or anything else but he doesn't make many mistakes out there. That's why the coaches like him and why he's a fixture on the 4th line.

What about the egregious turnovers by mostly every other player then?

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Jeffrey just hasn't done enough in the NHL to get away with a turnover like that. Unfortunately for him Vitale took his spot the game after and has played well since. Jefferey's just going to have to sit until there's an injury or maybe Tangradi makes a similarly terrible play that gets him back in DB's doghouse.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Jeffrey just hasn't done enough in the NHL to get away with a turnover like that. Unfortunately for him Vitale took his spot the game after and has played well since. Jefferey's just going to have to sit until there's an injury or maybe Tangradi makes a similarly terrible play that gets him back in DB's doghouse.

Vitale should have never been the odd man out to begin with.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch

I'm sorry but I don't agree with that method of developing young players. They are going to make mistakes. That's just the nature of the beast. You just start making them second guess every little thing they do, which just makes them look worse because they are a step behind.

If it becomes a recurring theme, then yeah sit them for a few games. You have to give them at least a little bit of leash though.

Also something you should do is reward them when they play well. Vitale has been lights out and nobody has really looked good with Malkin and Neal. Stick him up on that line for a few shifts to send the message that if you play the right way, you get rewarded for it.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
What about the egregious turnovers by mostly every other player then?

Malkin gets a free pass on his turnovers. Disco Dan is going to have a revolving door on that LW until Shero gets tired of it and they acquire someone.

What about Camel-Larry from Calgary? He'd be pretty interesting with Sid and Dupuis.

Edit: Nevermind on Camel-Larry. Just saw his contract. Geeeeeeez. Thought he only had a 2 year deal.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm sorry but I don't agree with that method of developing young players. They are going to make mistakes. That's just the nature of the beast. You just start making them second guess every little thing they do, which just makes them look worse because they are a step behind.

If it becomes a recurring theme, then yeah sit them for a few games. You have to give them at least a little bit of leash though.

Also something you should do is reward them when they play well. Vitale has been lights out and nobody has really looked good with Malkin and Neal. Stick him up on that line for a few shifts to send the message that if you play the right way, you get rewarded for it.

Boy....one would wonder why Jeffrey hasn't been slotted into that LW spot next to, Malkin.

Dupree13

Aug 2, 2005
Pittsburgh
Maybe Sutter in the top 6 wing should be considered (though it probably won't be). Some Canes posters did say that he was capable of it.

Yeah, it would break up the vaunted "shut down" line, but I'm not so sure that that isn't a highly overblown concept. Especially when Bylsma usually doesn't even bother to play match-ups.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
I wouldn't mind reunite the Kunitz-Malkin-Neal line and give a shot to a Tangradi-Crosby-Dupuis, because Kennedy MUST stay on the 3rd, and Tangradi on the 4th is useless.

Fire Shero*

I wouldn't mind reunite the Kunitz-Malkin-Neal line and give a shot to a Tangradi-Crosby-Dupuis, because Kennedy MUST stay on the 3rd, and Tangradi on the 4th is useless.

Tangradi is beyond useless on the first line though. He basically is just in the way of Malkin and Neal. His skill set is much more compatible with Vitale and Adams, that skill set being offensively retarted.

Dupree13

Aug 2, 2005
Pittsburgh
Tangradi on the 4th is useless? Nah, that's the only place where he could be useful. Actually I would give him a game or two on the third instead of Glass. But I never want to see him on the top 6 ever again.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Glass was no better than Tangradi on the 2nd line, Didn't think the 3rd line looked very dangerous without Kennedy on it.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Didn't look dangerous with him on it either, unless you count the scrimmage.

No but it has in the past and Kennedy would be playing his desired position and can lug the puck. These line combos don't make any sense. All they do, like I figured prior to this experiment, is keep the 2nd line the same and make the 3rd line worse.

gdsmack267

Sep 11, 2010
Rochester, NY
Tangradi has no right being in the NHL. He is just way too slow for the NHL. They need to move him for a low draft pick or part of a package ASAP.

Jeffrey was the best forward on the ice VS the islanders and created multiple plays. The kid has talent and a good shot. If DB actually gives him a chance he will succeed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad