The hole on the second line (Tangradi -> Kennedy -> Glass -> ???)

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The thing that pisses me off is ruining the 3rd line. I love how good they've been. And TK has actually been his best w/ Vitale. Ironically.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Eh, I guess it makes sense, but I don't like Kennedy with Malkin, could that change? Obviously if he plays well, but the Kennedy-Malkin-Neal line was on the ice for 2 goals against last night, doesn't exactly make sense that Bylsma wants to stick with that. Of course, TK is his buddy so can't be surprised there.

Certified Assassin

Souped up Wildcat
Jul 15, 2010
West Virginia
The thing that pisses me off is ruining the 3rd line. I love how good they've been. And TK has actually been his best w/ Vitale. Ironically.

Everyone is at their best when they are with Joe Vitale, even Joe Vitale. As a matter of fact, Joe Vitale is in an infinite loop of being better just because he is with himself...at all times.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Tangradi simply got in Geno and Neal's way out there. He's young and may grow into a scoring line role at some point, but DB can't just keep putting him there with them if he's obviously throwing a wrench in the works.

Can't see TK working very well with them either. Jeffrey's smart enough that he might, though he doesn't fit the speed/grit mold of what has generally worked as the 3rd wheel for that line.

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
It has been said that Tangradi and Vitale have some chemistry together from the A. Maybe this is just what he needs to start settling in finally.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Eh, I guess it makes sense, but I don't like Kennedy with Malkin, could that change? Obviously if he plays well, but the Kennedy-Malkin-Neal line was on the ice for 2 goals against last night, doesn't exactly make sense that Bylsma wants to stick with that. Of course, TK is his buddy so can't be surprised there.

It's not like he has a ton of options here. Kennedy is best on the 3rd line but at least he has some production. You can't be on a line with Malkin and Neal and never put up any points.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Tandradi is to 2LW as Staal was to 2C.

The talent just isn't there.

Dangles78

Oct 14, 2012
Pittsburgh
Morning skate lines were:

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Neal-Malkin-Kennedy
Cooke-Sutter-Glass
Tangradi-Vitale-Adams

The more and more I look at it.....

I'm officially on the "we need a top-6 winger" bandwagon. Plugging in bottom-6 players then having HCDB get frustrated when they don't produce is getting real old.

Either make a trade to acquire someone from another team or trade Jeffrey/Tangradi/Lovejoy to make a roster spot for BB. Sounds simple enough, but who knows what the market is right now.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I want Tangradi to stay, Bylsma did the right thing putting him on the 4th line with Vitale, let him grow at the NHL level without being put a line with 2 great players right away.

I really don't like the decision of Kennedy with Malkin, those 2 just don't mesh. I posted this lineup before.

Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Crosby-Kennedy
Glass-Sutter-Dupuis
Tangradi-Vitale-Adams

1st line: It was our best line last season, they had chemistry.

2nd line: When Crosby came back last February, he was put on the 3rd line with Cooke and Kennedy, they scored early in that game and there have been goals where Cooke and Crosby made some plays, Kennedy was the 3rd wheel but Kennedy and Cooke know eachother very well from playing with Jordan Staal and Brandon Sutter this year, that they can be effective playing with Crosby. KIRK brought up that Sid might not be happy with that line choice, but from what I get from Sid, no complaints, if Bylsma thinks Cooke and Kennedy on his line gives the Pens the best chance to win, Sid would be on board, I don't buy for one second that Sid is unhappy with not having a longterm winger at the moment.

3rd line: Solid, defensive, physical, checking 3rd line. Sure you're adding a 4th line LW to it in Tanner Glass, but having arguably an above average 3rd line RW in Pascal Dupuis, stabilizes the move.

4th line: Tangradi and Vitale have chemsitry, Vitale and Adams have played long enough on the same line that this can be a fast, physical, tenacious 4th line.

Are the best players in the top 6? No, but I think that is a well balanced lineup, that each line offers speed, skill, and two way hockey. Anyone agree? It may not be the most popular thing, but to me, that lineup looks like the best one the Pens can put on the ice with their current roster.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I don't know if you could get a top 6 for him. Maybe low-end top 6.

I was joking. You obviously could not.

I would like this if Cooke and TK were swapped. Tangradi on the 4th getting consistent minutes sounds like a good idea to me. That said, I have no idea if he'll get that.

I want Tangradi to stay, Bylsma did the right thing putting him on the 4th line with Vitale, let him grow at the NHL level without being thrown onto a lint with 2 great players.

I really don't like the decision of Kennedy with Malkin, those 2 just don't mesh. I posted this lineup before.

Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Crosby-Kennedy
Glass-Sutter-Dupuis
Tangradi-Vitale-Adams

2nd line: When Crosby came back last February, he was put on the 3rd line with Cooke and Kennedy, they scored early in that game and there have been goals where Cooke and Crosby made some plays, Kennedy was the 3rd wheel but Kennedy and Cooke know eachother very well from playing with Jordan Staal and Brandon Sutter this year, that they can be effective playing with Crosby. KIRK brought up that Sid might not be happy with that line choice, but from what I get from Sid, no complaints, if Bylsma thinks Cooke and Kennedy on his line gives the Pens the best chance to win, Sid would be on board, I don't buy for one second that Sid is unhappy with not having a longterm winger at the moment.

3rd line: Solid, defensive, physical, checking 3rd line. Sure you're adding a 4th line LW to it in Tanner Glass, but having arguably an above average 3rd line RW in Pascal Dupuis, stabilizes the move.

4th line: Tangradi and Vitale have chemsitry, Vitale and Adams have played long enough on the same line that this can be a fast, physical, tenacious 4th line.

Are the best players in the top 6? No, but I think that is a well balanced lineup, that each line offers speed, skill, and two way hockey. Anyone agree? It may not be the most popular thing, but to me, that lineup looks like the best one the Pens can put on the ice with their current roster.

I really don't see a reason to switch Dupuis and TK like that. As far as Cooke and Kunitz there, if Kunitz plays like he has so far this year, it really doesn't matter.

Matt Damon

May 3, 2009
Manitoba
Outsider here, but have watched all 3 games this season:

At this point what is the harm of calling Beau Bennett up for a 2-3 game trial and demoting Tangradi? Or does ET need to clear waivers? Would be nice to leave that Third line alone.

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
Why not

Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Kennedy-Crosby-Dupuis
Cooke-Sutter-Glass
Tangradi-Victory-Adams
Jeffery

Why break up the line that played so well for us last season? Kunitz should be flanking Malkin

Kennedy has the speed to keep up with Crosby and Dupuis. Crosby is the better playmaker than Malkin and could set both of those guys up.. all they gotta do is get to open space.

I have issue with disrupting the 3rd line, but we dont have much of an option, though Cooke and Glass on the same line? who lot of nasty.

As said before Vitale makes everyone better, but Tangradi on his wing, he becomes an automatic 50goal scorer.

Medic412

Jan 22, 2013
Outsider here, but have watched all 3 games this season:

At this point what is the harm of calling Beau Bennett up for a 2-3 game trial and demoting Tangradi? Or does ET need to clear waivers? Would be nice to leave that Third line alone.

Yes the BIG DOG does have a two-way contract.

THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN. BENNETT UP TANGRADI DOWN:yo:

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I want Tangradi to stay, Bylsma did the right thing putting him on the 4th line with Vitale, let him grow at the NHL level without being put a line with 2 great players right away.

Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Crosby-Kennedy
Glass-Sutter-Dupuis
Tangradi-Vitale-Adams

No to the lineup posted. Make things simple. Move up Cooke with Malkin and leave the Kunitz-Sid-Duper line in tact. Give Sid SOME offensive creativity to work with.

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
unfortunately, a Tangradi trade might not help the Pens much because i doubt they'd be able to get a roster player back. next to Ponikarovski, Tangradi is pretty much the biggest invisible player the Pens have had in a long time.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Yes the BIG DOG does have a two-way contract.

THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN. BENNETT UP TANGRADI DOWN:yo:

Tangradi is subject to waivers and will likely be claimed (I think haha). Let's not rush BB. He is a long term solution to the top 6. Give him a full year in the AHL and watch him make the team next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad