Speculation: The HFWings Meetup

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I got the job at the company I'm interning at! So I shouldn't have too much of a problem going to games in the January February area like I said earlier. I'll also have a nice income boost so I'll be able to afford it better. If we're thinking later in the season (2023) to give people time to plan I think we should revisit this around early December.

Reactions: Sparty

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
March 11th @ Boston is looking like it makes the most sense. I think we should gavel it by the end of this week.
This was NOT in my top picks, you wankers! But I'll try my best to make it. I do like Boston, only been once. Might be tough to sell this to the wife without bringing her along :rolly:

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
This was NOT in my top picks, you wankers! But I'll try my best to make it. I do like Boston, only been once. Might be tough to sell this to the wife without bringing her along :rolly:
"I'm going, and if you don't like it, too damn bad" is what I told my wife.

I'm kidding. I'm not that stupid.

• Haha
Reactions: jaster

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
Mrs. jaster is more than welcome. She's got all the good dirt on you we want to hear.
IIIIIII think I’ll try to get her set up with a girls trip to somewhere as cool as Boston or something :help:

Reactions: SoupNazi

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
Call me crazy, but a game in Nashville would be really fun too. That's a great city to visit.

March 14?
Saw the Wings play in Nashville twice, the building is electric and loud, fans are generally friendly. I was surprised how loud and into it they get, been to about 15 different arenas in my life and this was top 2 for noise factor. There is always live music on the strip also, it's a good visit.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
March 11 in Boston looks like a winner. Getting time off won't be a hassle. Flights might be reasonable but game tickets must be a bitch. Wonder if we could arrange a group buy.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Curious if anyone would have any interest in circling back on looking at dates for this season now that the schedule is out?

We definitely should. Even if only a handful can go, I'm down.
What we ran into last year was trying to find the perfect date.

We need to just figure out a day where most can go, say this is the day, if you can make it great, if not, oh well.

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
I'm still interested. If we can settle on a date/place, I'll make a solid attempt to attend!

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for this as well.

I have no basis for what I think any of you look like in person but it'd be hilarious to see how off I am. So far I'm imagining a looooooooooot of neckbeard, :laugh:.

• Haha
Reactions: Realgud

jaster

Jun 8, 2007
I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for this as well.

I have no basis for what I think any of you look like in person but it'd be hilarious to see how off I am. So far I'm imagining a looooooooooot of neckbeard, :laugh:.
It'll be the heights that mess me up. My brain always imagines people I've never met being certain heights, without my conscious self really aware of it, and then I'm often surprised.

Like, @OgeeOgelthorpe is 6'6" in my mind. And @norrisnick is 5'3". If that's not right I'm going to have a hard time processing it.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
6'3", but close enough.

5'8"
ddh2gp0-ec507f1b-14e3-456e-a17b-e6e3d564af04-769x481.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
It'll be the heights that mess me up. My brain always imagines people I've never met being certain heights, without my conscious self really aware of it, and then I'm often surprised.

Like, @OgeeOgelthorpe is 6'6" in my mind. And @norrisnick is 5'3". If that's not right I'm going to have a hard time processing it.
What's crazy is that I've also imagined Ogee as a 6 foot plus dude (Pause?). He's got 6 foot plus dude type of energy I guess (OK, pause).

I be that 5'8 dude crushing on girls who say they only date 6'3 and above. F you, Ogee... :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad