Speculation: The HFWings Meetup

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Wait until you see me in person. ;)

@Ricelund and I are going to organize some kind of poll to help rank all our options and find a clear best bet.

But it's good to see so many folks interested, so I'd say we'll have enough to get something fun going.

So stay tuned, chaps.

NASHVILLE!!!!

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Mid December Detroit is coming down here to Tampa, that should be a game where people should travel to :)

Speaking of that, don't we have a fistful of transplants down here? We should definitely meet up for a time the Wings are here in Tampa.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Forgot to respond, sorry jaster. No, unfortunately I am about to go thru a divorce, so I can't really afford any trips for a while.
Oof, bummer bud, sorry to hear that. Even if it’s for the best, I know it’s not a fun process. Best of luck.

Reactions: Bench

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Hey guys, I put together a survey here so we can get a more clear idea of what dates work/are preferred:

@Lil Sebastian Cossa @jaster @Bench @SoupNazi @OgeeOgelthorpe @NickH8 @dalem177 @Frk It @Realgud @lucaseider @Henkka @jkutswings @Retire91 @Bondurant @Konnan511

Reactions: NickH8 and jaster

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
The sample selection of games likely will not work for me but I will be at LCA for the Bolts game in December and should be in Vegas in January if anyone wants to get a beer and a dog (or two or three).

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I was just looking at the schedule and was kinda sad we play in Chicago so early. Only place I could do it, I am probably in for a 23-24 season game outside of Chicago, though :)

Ricelund

Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
It's not on the Google form but I would be down for the Vegas game in January as well... that might be emerging as a favorite.

opivy

Sauce King
Sep 14, 2011
Columbus, OH
I'll be skating in a charity game at LCA and traveling up to Detroit.

February 23rd vs the Rangers - I can get discounted tickets for people through the event - 5 dollars of each ticket also goes to Puck for Autism. Happy to buy tickets for a few of you if you want to hang out.

Ricelund

Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
So we've had six responses to the form so far... looking like March 11th @ Boston is the early favorite.

How's everyone feel about this?

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
So we've had six responses to the form so far... looking like March 11th @ Boston is the early favorite.

Since I voted for it, I'm in big time favor. :laugh:

Anyone else? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota

Sure. I have family in Worcester so another Boston trip wouldn't be a hardship, assuming that work won't interfere, and it should not, this far out.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
I have been looking for an excuse to go back to Boston. Are tickets easy to come by for Bruins games?

Sure, you just walk up to someone wearing a Bruins shirt, point at his head and ask "is that a Yankees cap?" and after he reflexively punches himself in the face, just pick up his game ticket up off the ground where he's lying.

Of course, I kid.

• Haha
Reactions: SoupNazi

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Sure, you just walk up to someone wearing a Bruins shirt, point at his head and ask "is that a Yankees cap?" and after he reflexively punches himself in the face, just pick up his game ticket up off the ground where he's lying.

Of course, I kid.
Are you sure? Seems like a decent idea.

Reactions: newfy

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
The NY game is my birthday weekend and I’ve thought about going. If anyone is interested, I live in the Pittsburgh area and I’ll be going when the wings are in town besides this upcoming preseason game.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
@jaster
@OgeeOgelthorpe
@Ricelund
@Lil Sebastian Cossa

And anyone else interested!

We should start kicking around a meet up this year. It is time. Rice, Sebass, and I have kicked around picking a Wings game to travel to and get a group together.

We should look at the schedule, see when people are free, and pick a date/location.

Notable road dates:

Chicago - Oct 21
Dallas - Dec 10
St. Paul - Dec 14
New York - Nov 6
Vegas - Jan 19

And of course any suitable Detroit games.

If there's enough interest we can make a new thread or take it to a platform like Discord to organize. But right now just putting out feelers for who is down and where you'd like to go.

I'm interested! @Ricelund mentioned that Dec 3rd was also an idea, but I'm booked then. March seems more doable.

Reactions: Ricelund

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Anyone interested, make sure you fill out this form so we can tally everyone's best dates.

March 11 in Boston is still the current favorite.

Reactions: Ricelund

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
Unfortunately, I can't make it, since I am almost 4000 miles away from Detroit :)

Hope this meeting gets documented, would love to see how it went! And also, to see the faces behind the usernames hehe

Last edited:
Reactions: Bench

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille