3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
@jaster
@OgeeOgelthorpe
@Ricelund
@Lil Sebastian Cossa

And anyone else interested!

We should start kicking around a meet up this year. It is time. Rice, Sebass, and I have kicked around picking a Wings game to travel to and get a group together.

We should look at the schedule, see when people are free, and pick a date/location.

Notable road dates:

Chicago - Oct 21
Dallas - Dec 10
St. Paul - Dec 14
New York - Nov 6
Vegas - Jan 19

And of course any suitable Detroit games.

If there's enough interest we can make a new thread or take it to a platform like Discord to organize. But right now just putting out feelers for who is down and where you'd like to go.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
@jaster
@OgeeOgelthorpe
@Ricelund
@Lil Sebastian Cossa

We should start kicking around a meet up this year. It is time. Rice, Sebass, and I have kicked around picking a Wings game to travel to and get a group together.

We should look at the schedule, see when people are free, and pick a date/location.

Notable road dates:

Chicago - Oct 21
Dallas - Dec 10
St. Paul - Dec 14
New York - Nov 6
Vegas - Jan 19

If there's enough interest we can make a new thread or take it to a platform like Discord to organize. But right now just putting out feelers for who is down and where you'd like to go.

I'm actually moving away from Dallas in about 3 weeks and heading back to Seattle. (I thought my job would let me take Portland, but nooooo...)

Add February 18 to your list dude. We can scalp some tickets and drag @ButtKrak to the game.

I'd fly to Chicago or Philly to catch a game there, though. I have a lot of friends in both cities to justify a full visit. I might consider flying back to Dallas as well then drive down to Austin afterwards.

Reactions: Gniwder

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
@jaster
@OgeeOgelthorpe
@Ricelund
@Lil Sebastian Cossa

Notable road dates:

Chicago - Oct 21
Dallas - Dec 10
St. Paul - Dec 14
New York - Nov 6
Vegas - Jan 19

I'd be interested. Getting the knuckles taped already.

New York and Chicago would be the games I would be interested if we were to travel. Chicago may be much cheaper due to the hawks sucking but who knows with Wirtz lmao. I would prefer a Detroit game though for convenience but I know not everyone interested will be Michiganders.

Reactions: Bench

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Add Seattle on February 18.

I have to visit some friends in Philadelphia and southern New Jersey sometime in November, so the New York game might work. It's not that far a train ride.

I also feel like Vegas would be the most neutral barn we could meet at without getting beers dumped on us.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
I'm down. Unfortunately I won't be able to swing the 10/21 game.

NY area would be great for me. I'd be happy to go somewhere in the midwest too, whether that's Detroit, Chicago, or Minnesota. The West Coast would be really fun but that's a long trip from NYC.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

New York and Chicago would be the games I would be interested if we were to travel. Chicago may be much cheaper due to the hawks sucking but who knows with Wirtz lmao. I would prefer a Detroit game though for convenience but I know not everyone interested will be Michiganders.

I would love to go to a game back home in Detroit but it's become such an expensive ticket flying home. I'm in Dallas now and can fly to just about any of the big hubs for $225 to $350, but prices to Detroit are often higher than $500 whenever I look unless I fly Frontier or Spirit, and f*** those airlines.

Reactions: NickH8 and SoupNazi

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I would love to go to a game back home in Detroit but it's become such an expensive ticket flying home. I'm in Dallas now and can fly to just about any of the big hubs for $225 to $350, but prices to Detroit are often higher than $500 whenever I look unless I fly Frontier or Spirit, and f*** those airlines.
f*** frontier and spirit I'm with ya there.

I'm definitely not opposed to visiting a barn I've never been at. Never been to an NHL game not at the Joe or LCA.

Reactions: SoupNazi

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010

Honestly, I would not mind Detroit because it is a direct flight from where I live and I haven't been to the new arena yet. I am definitely open to travel to any city though.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

It's why I threw Vegas on the notable list. I assume for nearly everyone that's going to be a cheaper flight and obviously lots of things to do outside of the game.

But I've actually never visited Vegas, believe it or not.

Reactions: NickH8

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
f*** frontier and spirit I'm with ya there.

I'm definitely not opposed to visiting a barn I've never been at. Never been to an NHL game not at the Joe or LCA.

Considering the amount of flight deals to Vegas, that might be a pretty good option. That's a place that you can find round trip fare to for $150 or less sometimes.

Here's a couple of travel sites I use a lot when looking for deals:

The Points Guy - Maximize your travel.

Skyscanner | Find the cheapest flights fast: save time, save money!

https://www.travelzoo.com/

Narcity Travel - Bucket List Destinations, Hidden Gems & More

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Dec. 10th in Dallas works very very well for me. Book a round trip for Sat/Sun, spend a weekend in the Texas heat.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
@jaster
@OgeeOgelthorpe
@Ricelund
@Lil Sebastian Cossa

Notable road dates:

Chicago - Oct 21
Dallas - Dec 10
St. Paul - Dec 14
New York - Nov 6
Vegas - Jan 19

Detroit - always happy to go back for a game
Chicago - will already be at this game, and would be happy to host some beer drinking at my old brewery
New York - would love to but that's my bday weekend and I suspect I'll have plans
Dallas/St Paul/Vegas - happy to give those games a shot

Should we throw the Nashville game in the hat? March 14? I might be down there for that game already, trying to meet up with an old friend.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
The January Vegas game is at a somewhat awkward time as I'll either be moving into a full time position at my current internship or looking for a full-time job. Anytime in the rest of 2022 I can probably get a couple days off with enough notice. That March 14th game is far enough out too that I'm comfortable taking days off for that too. That Dallas game is an ideal one for me though

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
If you put a gun to my head, right now I'm favoring a long weekend in Vegas starting the 19th. The only damper being NickH8 might not make it, and I want everyone interested to be able to come.

Chicago also has a rule out, with Soups.
New York has a likely Jaster rule out.

Only dates with everyone (so far) on board:
Dallas, St. Paul, or some undetermined Detroit game.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
If you put a gun to my head, right now I'm favoring a long weekend in Vegas starting the 19th. The only damper being NickH8 might not make it, and I want everyone interested to be able to come.

Seattle!
February 18!!!

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Seattle!
February 18!!!
That's just as good as the Dallas game for me, and Seattle is on my bucket list

I appreciate wanting everyone interested to go but if I can't make the game we decide on, oh well that's life. Its gonna be hard to find a perfect day for everyone.
I'd add Seattle to the list with Dallas and St. Paul.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Tavel is a pain for me but not impossible. St Paul is easy for me, but Dallas or Detroit are not impossible. Nashville would be intriguing as well - I've not been back to TN since I was a kid.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
59069D7B-3FFB-49D2-BB76-348CB740B7D1.gif

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Tavel is a pain for me but not impossible. St Paul is easy for me, but Dallas or Detroit are not impossible. Nashville would be intriguing as well - I've not been back to TN since I was a kid.

Hey if nothing else we can try to get the Minnesota folks to a game together. I'm down.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00