Dave Andreychuk
Teppo Numminen
Roman Hamrlik
Mathieu Schneider
Owen Nolan
Pat Verbeek

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
so here's a question. do guys like lowe, mccrimmon, foote, hatcher, carbonneau, tikkanen, poulin, otto, holik, brent sutter, lehtinen, madden, guys that played a role on multiple winning teams and were elite at that role, really belong in this discussion? i think you could add scorers like kerr or zubov to this category too. to my mind, these guys weren't just good, they were indisputably elite, just not at the superstar hall of fame level.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
so here's a question. do guys like lowe, mccrimmon, foote, hatcher, carbonneau, tikkanen, poulin, otto, holik, brent sutter, lehtinen, madden, guys that played a role on multiple winning teams and were elite at that role, really belong in this discussion? i think you could add scorers like kerr or zubov to this category too. to my mind, these guys weren't just good, they were indisputably elite, just not at the superstar hall of fame level.

None of them do but it seems a lot of the posters here can't think of people below that level. Really, the point was to maybe hear more about guys from the 60s through to the 80s who were below the elite level but solid players. I guess Paul Henderson would fit in that category in the 70s, if not for the 72 Series he'd probably be pretty unknown now.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
I grew up watching the Jets and I'm surprised no one has mentioned Thomas Steen. His best seasons were:

Season GP Goals Assists TP
1984-85 70 30 54 84
1988-89 80 27 61 88
1989-90 53 18 48 66
1990-91 58 19 48 67

Seven seasons over 60 points. One all-star game selection in 1990. Don't know if he had any seasons in the top 20 in scoring. IF not, he would have except for injuries which plagued him throughout his career.

Total games played :950
Total Points: 817

IN addition he was a good two-way player who wasn't afraid to get his nose dirty in the corners. I suspect without all the injuries throughout his career he would have finished with approx. 1000+ points and some support for the hall of fame. OK, nothing serious............it would be very minor support for the Hall..............mostly from homers like me:D

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Is it the Hall of the Good or the Hall of the Very Good?

I've seen HOTVG guys (Damphousse, Desjardins) and HHOF'ers (Mark Howe?!?!?!) named in this thread.

And also a guy like Bob Rouse, who'd be a good candidate for the Hall of Average.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

Carbonneau sticks out like a sore thumb in this list... A guy who would be in my HHOF way before Dino, for sure.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I grew up watching the Jets and I'm surprised no one has mentioned Thomas Steen. His best seasons were:

Season GP Goals Assists TP
1984-85 70 30 54 84
1988-89 80 27 61 88
1989-90 53 18 48 66
1990-91 58 19 48 67

Seven seasons over 60 points. One all-star game selection in 1990. Don't know if he had any seasons in the top 20 in scoring. IF not, he would have except for injuries which plagued him throughout his career.

Total games played :950
Total Points: 817

IN addition he was a good two-way player who wasn't afraid to get his nose dirty in the corners. I suspect without all the injuries throughout his career he would have finished with approx. 1000+ points and some support for the hall of fame. OK, nothing serious............it would be very minor support for the Hall..............mostly from homers like me:D

Yeah... Thomas Steen would be a typical hall of good kind of player. Guys like Mel Bridgman and Ryan Walter would as well.

BubbaBoot

Oct 19, 2003
The Fenway
Visit site
FORWARDS
Terry O'Reilly
Jean Ratelle
Propp
Rick Middleton
Andreychuk
Charlie Simmer
Dale Hunter
Carboneau
Verbeek
Bondra
Bellows
Fleury
Wayne Cashman
Brind'Amour
Damphousse
Steve Thomas
Ken Hodge
Amonte
Garry Unger
Claude Lemieux
Trevor Linden
Tikkanen
Bobby Smith
Kevin Dineen
Tocchet
Kirk Muller
Gary Roberts
Pit Martin
Tony Amonte
Doug Weight
Owen Nolan
Brian Rolston
Butch Goring
Bernie Nicholls
Dave Taylor

DEFENSEMEN
Brad McCrimmon
Glen Wesley
Steve Duschene
Suter
Dallas Smith
Carl Brewer
Kevin Lowe
Charley Huddy
Flash Hollett
Svoboda
Desjardins
Jean-Guy Talbot
Jamie Macoun
Terry Harper
Moose Vasko
JC Tremblay
Bobby Baun
Rod Seiling
Gary Suter
Doug Wilson
Schneider
Ron Stackhouse
Sydor
Daneyko
Zubov
Ted Harris
Pat Stapleton
Teddy Green

GOALIES
Lorne Chabot
Dave Kerr
Rogie Vachon
Andy Moog
Eddie Johnston
Mike Vernon
Hextall
Mike Richter

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Bubba's list is pretty good, I'd take out Brian Rolston from forwards and add Bill White on defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad