The Habs Lounge Thread XI: Why is it taking so long edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
This is the worst day of the year for me, AINEC.

1) I applied for a job at GlaxoSmithKline for this summer
2) They did the phone interviews today
3) My cell phone for some reason stopped receiving calls and text messages, though I can still make calls and send text.
4) My mom tells me to go check my voicemail; GSK called me because they were highly interested in my application and told me to call them back
5) However, I took notice of the voicemail after the interviewer's day had finished; so I had to let her a message and told her to call me on my dorm phone tomorrow afternoon if they were still interested.

tl;dr : my phone is broken, and because of that, i might have lost an incredible job/internship opportunity at one of the biggest pharmaceutical company in the world

NoNachoNoParty

Dec 8, 2011
Montreal
This is the worst day of the year for me, AINEC.

1) I applied for a job at GlaxoSmithKline for this summer
2) They did the phone interviews today
3) My cell phone for some reason stopped receiving calls and text messages, though I can still make calls and send text.
4) My mom tells me to go check my voicemail; GSK called me because they were highly interested in my application and told me to call them back
5) However, I took notice of the voicemail after the interviewer's day had finished; so I had to let her a message and told her to call me on my dorm phone tomorrow afternoon if they were still interested.

tl;dr : my phone is broken, and because of that, i might have lost an incredible job/internship opportunity at one of the biggest pharmaceutical company in the world

Don't get too down on it right away. Worked in recruiting for a while, i can tell you that its never over when you think it is. I could bring up many different scenarios to explain. But i'd bet a tenner they'll try again tomorrow, that is if you don't call them yourself as soon as they open shop.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Don't get too down on it right away. Worked in recruiting for a while, i can tell you that its never over when you think it is. I could bring up many different scenarios to explain. But i'd bet a tenner they'll try again tomorrow, that is if you don't call them yourself as soon as they open shop.
WEll the message told me to call them back as soon as possible, and I can't call them back myself as they open shop because I have an exam.

I sent them an email on top of the voice message, explaining all the thing.

It's just frustrating because I need a job this summer (went all last summer with no job, and even for a socially recluse person like me, it was the epitome of boringness), but I know I wouldn't last in generic jobs like fastfood, grocery, stores, janitoring (tried, and failed hard), etc. It's a company that would help me grow a lot (being a biomed eng student), a big renowned company that is, and the salary is decent, and it's a full time job. Could easily make between 5000-6000$ with that job just for the summer at 35 hours a week, so that'd be great, and I could potentially hit them up easily for an official internship in 2016 if I like the place.

NoNachoNoParty

Dec 8, 2011
Montreal
WEll the message told me to call them back as soon as possible, and I can't call them back myself as they open shop because I have an exam.

I sent them an email on top of the voice message, explaining all the thing.

It's just frustrating because I need a job this summer (went all last summer with no job, and even for a socially recluse person like me, it was the epitome of boringness), but I know I wouldn't last in generic jobs like fastfood, grocery, stores, janitoring (tried, and failed hard), etc. It's a company that would help me grow a lot (being a biomed eng student), a big renowned company that is, and the salary is decent, and it's a full time job. Could easily make between 5000-6000$ with that job just for the summer at 35 hours a week, so that'd be great, and I could potentially hit them up easily for an official internship in 2016 if I like the place.

Trust me when i say that i know EXACTLY what you're going through. Best of luck with it, hopefully it'll all be well and you'd have stressed for nothing

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
dbfaa829bc.jpg

look what i found in the notes from my biology class!!

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Got some pretty massive sunburn today.

That's what I get for walking 35km in the sun and forgetting sunscreen (not in the habit of it, I'm 1/4 Asian so I don't usually need it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad