The Habs Lounge Thread XI: Why is it taking so long edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-McPhee-Nightcrawler-Lana-Condor-Jubilee.html

I wish I'm in Montreal! I used to live in Van Horne and used to go to Plaza Cote Des Neiges all the time to watch a movie. It's pretty cool they're shooting X-Men Apocalypse there right now.

Saw this earlier this week, was wondering where the shooting was taking place:

http://imgur.com/gallery/uJWbq

RiNHHvh.png

veu7XYO.png

Last day of shooting!

1FwFDlV.png

(more pics - click link)

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Well I had to say no to the job. I now regret not having a driver's license.

They have a 3-2-2-3 schedule (12 hours shift, 3 days work/2 days no work, 2 days work/3 days no work) and your shift can literally start anytime. 8 AM, noon, 4 PM, 10 PM, 3 AM, 6 AM, etc. It varies a lot depending on what you have to do. It was for the most generic job, because for the internships they want the student to have 2 years completed at least in his program. It would have been impossible for me to have shifts that start between 2 and 8 AM, or shifts that end between 11PM and 4 AM, due to bus schedules.
I'm thinking about the hotel service they have at ULaval which is 41$ per night, but in the end, that's like the third of a salary I'd make during a 12 hours shift for that job, and while i wouldn't need it every day, that makes up for a lot. They also have things at 13.50$ per day but you need to reserve the room for like 4 weeks or more. So I could rent it for the summer, but it'd cost >1500$.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Company I work for is doing some restructuring and laid off some people yesterday. In the conference call we had yesterday afternoon, they decided not to tell us until we get our newsletter on Monday, in respect to those who got laid off.

So instead of announcing it yesterday or this morning, they'll wait till Monday morning and have people distracted by trying to figure out who was fired... smart.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Oh nooo, now Samantha Bee is out too? There won't be anything left of the Daily Show by the summer.

Me a really sad camper right now

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Well, speaking of houses, I'm one step closer to becoming an home owner. Omg.
Be ready. Its a lot more expensive than renting. Dont let anyone sugar coat it. The mortgage is all you, the water, gas, electricity all you, taxes on you, home insurance yep you, any repairs thats you, general maintenance you again. Know what i mean break a stair on your porch? 150 dollars. Dog rips up carpet 900 dollars. Life man.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Be ready. Its a lot more expensive than renting. Dont let anyone sugar coat it. The mortgage is all you, the water, gas, electricity all you, taxes on you, home insurance yep you, any repairs thats you, general maintenance you again. Know what i mean break a stair on your porch? 150 dollars. Dog rips up carpet 900 dollars. Life man.

Habby Birthday !

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
i'm still throwing garbage out at my old place because the city does it weird here.

one of my mom's co-workers who was helping us move threw 4 ****ing eggs and an open bag of milk in a box to bring to the house :facepalm:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Company I work for is doing some restructuring and laid off some people yesterday. In the conference call we had yesterday afternoon, they decided not to tell us until we get our newsletter on Monday, in respect to those who got laid off.

So instead of announcing it yesterday or this morning, they'll wait till Monday morning and have people distracted by trying to figure out who was fired... smart.
That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. What the heck are they thinking over there? Sorry to hear this man, good luck with everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad