Post-Game Talk: The Habs are bad and they should feel bad. Blow lead and lose 3-2 in OT vs BUF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I'm not too worried about our Blueline. We have tremendous depth at the prospect level. We have dead wood now but if our Blueline is healthy we are decent. It's just when we're less than that our forwards can't play with the pace were known for this season. They get pinned in their own end and cannot pressure the other teams D like they are supposed to by design.

Reactions: Acadien86

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I' m not too worried about our Blueline. We have tremendous depth at the prospect level. We have dead wood now but if our Blueline is healthy we are decent. It's just when we're less than that our forwards can't play with the pace were known for this season. They get pinned in their own end and cannot pressure the other teams D like they are supposed to by design.
Say what now?

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
I was so upset last night around 7h about the result of the game until I got news that my mother in law was in the hospital. Yep she as that terrible illness that the nhl is fighting against this month. Seeing my gf crying with her sister on my couch made me realise how there are more important things in life then a hockey club that I adore. Ill be driving 8h today and what usualy is a fun night for me ; Bruins vs Habs will definetly be the last thing on my mind. When you look at the big picture and put everything in context, who gives a ... about Price's bad game or the Habs terrible Defense? There are far more important things in life then my Habs......

Hansman

Mar 18, 2013
Wild West
They went out and got Skinner and Sheary this summer at bargain bin prices while our GM passed on them. They deserve to beat us.
Its no wonder Buffalo is better this year,they have been picking top 5-10 for a decade...was only a matter of time.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I don't see how it could be possible that Schlemko doesn't sit tonight against Boston. His gap control is garbage which led to him taking two bad penalties as well as scoring chances against BUF. I go with:

Reilly - Petry
Kulak - Benn
Alzner - Mete
(Ouellet, Schlemko)

Then when Weber is back on Tuesday:

Reilly - Weber
Benn - Petry
* - Mete

*Depending on who's earning a chance and who goes down. Hopefully Schlemko is gone, one way or another. Kulak can be #6 if he plays well against Boston. If not, Alzner if he plays okay against Boston. If they both suck, Ouellet gets in.

At forward tonight, I bring Hudon back in instead of Peca. Otherwise, no changes.

PP (tonight)
Drouin - Shaw - Kotkaniemi
Petry - Domi

Hudon - Gallagher - Lehkonen
Reilly - Tatar

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
We lack talent and depth players are getting exposed in roles that are too far above where they should be. You often see that on middle of the road teams, we need to pick a direction and stick with it, are we rebuilding or are we gunning for 10th in the conference?
Therein lies the problem...not to mention we have MB as our GM. We show flashes of possibly being a good team some nights, but then you realize in the playoffs, you have to beat the same team 4 out of 7 and we are in the words of old Therrien, not dare....we are just not dare...

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I get how the annoying coaching decisions make posters pile on the coach, and I have no problem doing the same when I feel its warranted. This year though, I think it's silly to crap on CJ. This team is bad, its way overachieved. Furthermore, it's way more entertaining than everyone expected. So I'm not going to crap on CJ because he used Danault with Gallagher-Petry in OT, or because he uses Benn when the rest of the team is Ouellett, Alzner, Schlemko, Reilly, Mete. I mean really, they all suck. It's not like he's putting Subban on the bottom pair here.
Valid points....frustrating though...

So, have we fired MB yet...that is the real source of our troubles...

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I'm telling you, people are seeing things. Danault leads a counterattack on a tying goal, gets a primary assist, plays excellent hockey without the puck the whole evening, and still gets crapped on. Meanwhile Kotkaniemi has one of the worst games of the season, but he's super. I honestly believe some people fall in love with the players to such an extent, they build an alternative reality around them.
My like button is missing but your post deserves 10 likes.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
I'm telling you, people are seeing things. Danault leads a counterattack on a tying goal, gets a primary assist, plays excellent hockey without the puck the whole evening, and still gets crapped on. Meanwhile Kotkaniemi has one of the worst games of the season, but he's super. I honestly believe some people fall in love with the players to such an extent, they build an alternative reality around them.

Absolutely true! I love KK as much as the next guy but let's be honest here: his last 2 games were his worst of the year. I don't think it's the right timing to put him on the 1st. At all!

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Buffalo first goal came off another defensive faceoff loss. Domi taking it at 41%. Not his fault as his first year at center, he will get better. But we could use a good faceoff guy

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Therein lies the problem...not to mention we have MB as our GM. We show flashes of possibly being a good team some nights, but then you realize in the playoffs, you have to beat the same team 4 out of 7 and we are in the words of old Therrien, not dare....we are just not dare...
We need some talent, you are not winning the cup without it, we need a strong top 6 and much better defence than we currently have. We have played above expectations but now with just a few injuries we are showing just how thin this team is. CJ seems to going back to the type of hockey he had the team playing last year, hang on and try and and win 2-1 because he thinks like Bergevin that once you make the playoffs anyting can appen.

Reactions: BLONG7

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Not sure what you are trying to prove here.

Buffalo clearly had a rebuilt.
they havent picked top 5/10 for a decade like the guy I quoted said... you can disagree with numbers Frank brought up if you want.

and huh, do you see me saying they have not ?

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Absolutely true! I love KK as much as the next guy but let's be honest here: his last 2 games were his worst of the year. I don't think it's the right timing to put him on the 1st. At all!

when you praise guys on 1st line for playing well without the puck, timing to switch will never be right...

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
Buffalo first goal came off another defensive faceoff loss. Domi taking it at 41%. Not his fault as his first year at center, he will get better. But we could use a good faceoff guy

Should Shaw be taking the defensive draws for that line? I don't remember, maybe he was kicked out.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
The habs are good and should feel good about themselves.

Theyre in a playoff spot and Weber is coming back and price still has room to improve a LOT.

Disappointing game but not everything is doom and gloom.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
they havent picked top 5/10 for a decade like the guy I quoted said... you can disagree with numbers Frank brought up if you want.

and huh, do you see me saying they have not ?

You really had to take things litterally? His point was that Buffalo are stronger because they rebuilt. But hey we can argue about small useless details all day long.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
when you praise guys on 1st line for playing well without the puck, timing to switch will never be right...

When did I talk about Danault? The last thing I want is KK to be rushed in. Talk about deflection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad