Post-Game Talk: The Habs are bad and they should feel bad. Blow lead and lose 3-2 in OT vs BUF

Status
Not open for further replies.

WG

Sep 9, 2008
You never get any ****ing point about anything

Danault is freaking bad as a top6 center , oh yeah he got 2 passes tonight
Also Pavel Zacha got 2 goals Wednesday does that make him not a bust anymore?

Danault needs to hit the ****ing 3rd line with Lekhonen and any garbage ahl player left until Byron comeback . Also put Kotkaniemi with Gallagher and Tatar

and Remove his freaking icetime too the powerplay and put Kotka in his place.
Danault doesnt ****ing bring anything offensively compared to Kotka

I will concur with the others who prefer Danault as a 3C, I don't think he's good enough offensively to play with our best wingers. I think people are still feeling the lingering effects of watching Therrible force feed opportunities and the best wingers to DD when clearly superior options should have been developed. For now, I'm OK with easing Kotkaniemi in, but get back to me if we're still having this discussion in a year's time.

As to the bolded, for the year Danault is averaging 22 seconds of PP time and JK is averaging 2 minutes, so that complaint doesn't hold.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Petry's the type of defenseman Edmonton has been looking for since trading him to the habs.That was an excellent trade by Bergevin and an excellent surprise signing as everyone was sure he was just a rental in the latter half of 2015.

2015-Mar-02 Traded from Edmonton Oilers to Montreal Canadiens for round 2 pick in the 2015 draft (Jonas Siegenthaler) and round 4 pick in the 2015 draft (Caleb Jones) ....who???? lol

Caleb Jones is Seth Jones younger brother. He's a good prospect for them. Has 11 pts in 15 games in the AHL in his 2nd pro year, has good mobility and plays a physical game. He has a chance at an NHL career. I imagine he at least gets a look this year.

I actually wanted Montreal to take him in the 5th round in 2015, but Edmonton took him really early in the 4th.

He's also a LH D. He would've looked good as a Montreal prospect.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I believe Danault would be a great third line center, a second line center hes not

And I quote "Danault made Eller expendable" Marc Bergevin
Too bad he didn't stick with this because they certainly do not play the same role.
Not much we can do about it while we are a bubble team.
My concern is CJ's love for this type of player may prevent him from doing the right thing.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I have no idea why most people are complaining. We knew before the season it would be a bad season. It's actually been going MUCH better than anticipated. We need to tank and get more high picks...

Games are exciting most of the time and we're losing, everything's perfect to me.

Reactions: Da Grinder

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
How are Benn and Shaw still playing for us? It's mind boggling. Does our coaching staff and management actually think its beneficial to have them on the team?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The habs are good and should feel good about themselves.

Theyre in a playoff spot and Weber is coming back and price still has room to improve a LOT.

Disappointing game but not everything is doom and gloom.

They are in a playoffs spot only if NYI and Caroline both loses the games they have in hands. If they win it then we are out of the playoffs. We have been a bubble team for a good 10 games now we are surfing on those first 10 games or so. We allow often between 35 and 40 shots lately. Defense is looking very bad. So bad than adding Weber wont be nearly enough to make it good.

If our goal is to make the playoffs we should be worried. We were 9th in the league after 10 games with 1 less game played than most teams (so possibly higher by points %). We are now 12nd. From the period between our 10th and 22nd game we are 13rd with 1 more games played than most teams (so possibly lower by points %). Punctually speaking we are not going in the right direction.

If the goal is to retool and trade more vets at the deadline for kids and picks then yeah we should be happy with what we see. Brook is looking like the real deal. Domi is playing well as a center and should at worst be a good 2nd line center and could be the next Gilmour if we are lucky. Kok is looking good. Juulsen and Mete definitely are showing the potential to be a good 2nd pairing with more experience. Then we have guys like Suzuki and Fleury. If we add to that at the deadline then it could be the start of something great.

Last edited:

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
I have no idea why most people are complaining. We knew before the season it would be a bad season. It's actually been going MUCH better than anticipated. We need to tank and get more high picks...

Games are exciting most of the time and we're losing, everything's perfect to me.

We are too high in the ranking to my liking. People are starting to fall in love with Tatar which I believe we need to trade. We really need another high draft pick in order to become a contender. Hopefully the losing streak continue, so it leaves no doubt in Bergevins mind that we are seller at the trade deadline instead of buyer.

When I read posts of people suggesting trading young assets for another patch job. I cant believe it, we are doing circles for the past 25 years. Its time for a proper rebuild. Im done with the patching job. Just like the streets in montreal, patching do a shitty job

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Exactly. We're going nowhere if we don't get another KK. Weber and Price will slowly become less and less effective. Well, scratch that, they're already not who they were.

I actually like Tatar though, he's putting on a good show and putting in the effort. I'm open to trading him if a very good offer comes by, but I'm fine if they keep him, too.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
Exactly. We're going nowhere if we don't get another KK. Weber and Price will slowly become less and less effective. Well, scratch that, they're already not who they were.

I actually like Tatar though, he's putting on a good show and putting in the effort. I'm open to trading him if a very good offer comes by, but I'm fine if they keep him, too.

Hes playing very well, I believe he could fetch us a first round pick and a good prospect in a trade. Which we cant pass on. Plus trading him will help the team move down in the ranking for a higher first round pick. Win win situation IMO

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
We are too high in the ranking to my liking. People are starting to fall in love with Tatar which I believe we need to trade. We really need another high draft pick in order to become a contender. Hopefully the losing streak continue, so it leaves no doubt in Bergevins mind that we are seller at the trade deadline instead of buyer.

When I read posts of people suggesting trading young assets for another patch job. I cant believe it, we are doing circles for the past 25 years. Its time for a proper rebuild. Im done with the patching job. Just like the streets in montreal, patching do a ****ty job

100% agree. Falling in love with Tatar is doing the same mistake we have been doing for the last 25 years. He's an asset. If we have a good offer for him he should be moved.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Hes playing very well, I believe he could fetch us a first round pick and a good prospect in a trade. Which we cant pass on. Plus trading him will help the team move down in the ranking for a higher first round pick. Win win situation IMO

If you can get a first and a b prospect for both Tatar and Petry you have to do it. No question in my mind. That gives two more first and two more prospects for two guys that really are not that hard to replace and should not be playing that big of a role on a contending team.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Was going to that about Petry, but then our D is barely AHL material without him at this point... not sure if it won't destroy the other players' mental game, which you don't want to do.

That said, he value will probably never be this high again.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
And I quote "Danault made Eller expendable" Marc Bergevin
Too bad he didn't stick with this because they certainly do not play the same role.
Not much we can do about it while we are a bubble team.
My concern is CJ's love for this type of player may prevent him from doing the right thing.
If anything sums up the crazy double standards dishes out in the Bergevin reign it’s this.

Danault is a good 3rd liner, but I hate to go there but it’s yet another example of a QC boy being forced into a role above his ability; Drouin last year, Desharnais, Boullion, Latendresse...

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Was going to that about Petry, but then our D is barely AHL material without him at this point... not sure if it won't destroy the other players' mental game, which you don't want to do.

If the mental of a player can be destroyed then he is likely a depth player moving forward. Kopitar despite not being a generational talent at first was put in LA top 6 (not a very good top 6) at only 19 years old (played over 20 minutes at 19). If Mete and Juulsen can be "destroyed" then they are likely not very good. At their age Subban was used a lot on a not very good team.

19-20-21 years old kids being put in a top 6 or top 4 of a bad team happens all the time. Those who have what it takes succeed and the others don't.

What "destroy" kids is the lack of patience. Put them there and let them learn. Be patient. If you can do that they'll succeed eventually if they have what it takes. If you remove them from the lineup and replace them by the likes of Benn and Schlemko at the first sign of slowing down or the first mistake then you'll "destroy" them (but if they have what it takes they succeed with someone else eventually).

Last edited:

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017

Im on board with Lap. Petry has to be on the trade block, his value it up the roof right now. Higher than his real worth IMO. Petry, Tatar and Byron should be three players we explore trading. If we can get first round picks and prospects, we should pull the plug

Reactions: LaP

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK

When I read posts of people suggesting trading young assets for another patch job. I cant believe it, we are doing circles for the past 25 years. Its time for a proper rebuild. Im done with the patching job. Just like the streets in montreal, patching do a ****ty job
A few wins and people lose their heads so quickly - old habits truly do die hard.

The way to a long period as a contender is process; not by just focusing on winning the very next game. Get the process right and those wins will come with ease.

Reactions: LaP

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017
If the mental of a player can be destroyed than he is likely a depth player moving forward. Kopitar despite not being a generational talent at first was put in LA top 6 (not a very good top 6) at only 19 years old (played over 20 minutes at 19). If Mete and Juulsen can be "destroyed" then they are likely not very good. At their age Subban was used a lot on a not very good team.

Is there something to destroy with Mete seriously? I fail to see the hype with him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad