Post-Game Talk: The Habs are bad and they should feel bad. Blow lead and lose 3-2 in OT vs BUF

Status
Not open for further replies.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
actually, if YOU were intelectually honest you would not mention this as it's obvious not every prospect has the same talent and thus building a solid team doesnt take the same amount of prospects and whatnot...

So what you're saying is we could potentially be tanking for more than 6-7 years just because our prospects don't pan out while we trade all our veterans leaving our young players exposed and embarrassed night in night out like in Edmonton?

Or is your assumption that trading Byron for a 2nd round pick the equivalent of getting a Debrincat every time?

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
So what you're saying is we could potentially be tanking for more than 6-7 years just because our prospects don't pan out while we trade all our veterans leaving our young players exposed and embarrassed night in night out like in Edmonton?

Or is your assumption that trading Byron for a 2nd round pick the equivalent of getting a Debrincat every time?
nope, that's what YOU just said actually, right now, in that post I just quoted.

please, point to my last post regarding a Byron trade...

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
nope, that's what YOU just said actually, right now, in that post I just quoted.

please, point to my last post regarding a Byron trade...

Byron is very obviously a general example of what Tank nation wants to do, trade any veterans away for picks and prospects, while leaving no supporting base for them to develop.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Byron is very obviously a general example of what Tank nation wants to do, trade any veterans away for picks and prospects, while leaving no supporting base for them to develop.
who's to say Byron (or other Habs current vets) would be any good at that ?

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Actually, what you said is a fallacy and misleading.

If the point comes that we feel we can't compete until more of our prospects get better, we need to start selling. You need to make a list of POSSIBLE players who might not be as perfomant when those prospects will be ready. Does it automatically mean, we need to trade all of them? No, most here know we need to keep a few veterans. That's a childish and simplistic strawman used by people who lack the cognitive skills to make a true logical argumentation. You start off with the oldests like Weber and Petry and run the excersice. When will our prospects be ready, and what will those present veterans will be like when that time comes. Also, you can't have too many of the same kind of players. We have many smallish forwards, and we also need to cut down on them, so that includes Byron and Tatar as they are the oldests of our smallish players.

So you have Weber (33), Price (31), Petry (30) Byron (29) and Tatar (27) as targets. It's pointless to keep all of them over the next 2-3 years. Yes, we want to keep some of them to help the youngsters contrarily to your strawman insinuation.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Actually, what you said is a fallacy and misleading.

If the point comes that we feel we can't compete until more of our prospects get better, we need to start selling. You need to make a list of POSSIBLE players who might not be as perfomant when those prospects will be ready. Does it automatically mean, we need to trade all of them? No, most here know we need to keep a few veterans. That's a childish and simplistic strawman used by people who lack the cognitive skills to make a true logical argumentation. You start off with the oldests like Weber and Petry and run the excersice. When will our prospects be ready, and what will those present veterans will be like when that time comes. Also, you can't have too many of the same kind of players. We have many smallish forwards, and we also need to cut down on them, so that includes Byron and Tatar as they are the oldests of our smallish players.

So you have Weber (33), Price (31), Petry (30) Byron (29) and Tatar (27) as targets. It's pointless to keep all of them over the next 2-3 years. Yes, we want to keep some of them to help the youngsters contrarily to your strawman insinuation.

We haven't even gotten Weber back yet and it's a pipe dream to assume that you an have a team where every player is under 30. We're already one of the youngest in the league.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
We haven't even gotten Weber back yet and it's a pipe dream to assume that you an have a team where every player is under 30. We're already one of the youngest in the league.

With no identifiable core. The whole argument comes down to having the 5 or 6 players who will grow together into a TRUE contender. That requires foresight not an attitude that you can ride a bubble.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
With no identifiable core. The whole argument comes down to having the 5 or 6 players who will grow together into a TRUE contender. That requires foresight not an attitude that you can ride a bubble.

We have no core of young players right now?

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

Again, logical fallacy. It's as if you haven't read a word I said.

Even with Weber back, it's middle of the road until more of our prospects get better.

By the time we'll compete, Weber will be between 35-37, Price 33-35, Petry 32-34, and so on.

But guess what? Gallagher will be 29-31 by then. Danault 27-29, Drouin 25-27, Domi 25-27.

By the time this team has enough assets to compete, we'll have plenty of veterans, especially if you don't purposefully ommit the fact that no one says we should trade all the veterans I named. Maybe 2 or 3 out of the 5. At least one of Weber, Petry or Price, and at least one of Byron or Tatar.

Ideally, I'd go for Petry and Byron and hope to at least get two 1st round picks out of them. That would leave Price, Weber and Tatar with all the other players I named who are close to 30.

It seems the only way you can make an argument is falsely portraying the opinion of your opposition, exagerating things to make them look worst.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Again, logical fallacy. It's as if you haven't read a word I said.

Even with Weber back, it's middle of the road until more of our prospects get better.

By the time we'll compete, Weber will be between 35-37, Price 33-35, Petry 32-34, and so on.

But guess what? Gallagher will be 29-31 by then. Danault 27-29, Drouin 25-27, Domi 25-27.

By the time this team has enough assets to compete, we'll have plenty of veterans, especially if you don't purposefully ommit the fact that no one says we should trade all the veterans I named. Maybe 2 or 3 out of the 5. At least one of Weber, Petry or Price, and at least one of Byron or Tatar.

Ideally, I'd go for Petry and Byron and hope to at least get two 1st round picks out of them. That would leave Price, Weber and Tatar with all the other players I named who are close to 30.

It seems the only way you can make an argument is falsely portraying the opinion of your opposition, exagerating things to make them look worst.

The point is we don't know what this team looks like yet because we're sitting in a playoff spot without our top D. If you want to g on about how we should get rid of our no. 2 D man and a winger that we've been sorely missing the last 10 games do go on.

There's no "logical fallacy" in anything that I'm saying

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
You can laugh all you want
1 goal speaks volumes.

Arturi Lehkonen has 2 goals and 11 points, compared to Danault's 14 points and 50 point pace. Does that mean Lehkonen brings nothing to the Habs also?

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Your arguments are so convulated and all over the place.

You take series of examples that exclude other contenders, as if by definition, only cup winners are contenders. All four of those teams had many top 5 and top 10 picks notwithstanding an arbitrary number of years for their picks (which excludes Ovy and Backstrom in Washington's case).

My arguments are convoluted? How about you back up your silly arguments with facts. Even with the addition of Backstrom (I already gave you Ovi) we still have more top picks than the Caps when they won their Cup. What players did I miss on those other teams? You don't bother to mention the supposed players I missed. The reasons I stopped at 12 years were A) after 12 years most players start to decline and B) if they had you geniuses as GMs they would be traded away like you want to do with all players over 27.

Anyway, I'm not going to get into a argument with someone who makes blanket statements and doesn't bother to look at facts. You want to continue to lose well be my guest. I don't want to dissuade you from your loser mentality.

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Last night was a frustrating loss because we should've been able to close out the last two minutes and get the W. On the positive side of things, we were able to keep up with one of the hottest teams in the league in Buffalo. Except, we were missing Shea Weber, Byron, Armia and Juulsen. Price also wasn't in nets. When healthy, we have a very good team. Even when we're missing all these key players, we're still in a playoff spot. Weber's back on Tuesday and Byron and Armia have been progressing well. Hopefully Juulsen's not out too long. I'm not worried. We're going to beat Boston tonight and everything'g going to be fine.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
My arguments are convoluted? How about you back up your silly arguments with facts. Even with the addition of Backstrom (I already gave you Ovi) we still have more top picks than the Caps when they won their Cup. What players did I miss on those other teams? You don't bother to mention the supposed players I missed. The reasons I stopped at 12 years were A) after 12 years most players start to decline and B) if they had you geniuses as GMs they would be traded away like you want to do with all players over 27.

Anyway, I'm not going to get into a argument with someone who makes blanket statements and doesn't bother to look at facts. You want to continue to lose well be my guest. I don't want to dissuade you from your loser mentality.

Again more childishness and condescending, trying to portray simple pragmatism with a loser's mentality.

Trying to portray logical reasoning as to where the team is with 'blanket statements'.

No wonder it took you longer than most to catch on to the fact Bergevin stank high heaven.

You're right though, it's pointless to argue with a hypocrite who accuses others of doing what he did in the first place.

Reactions: Da Grinder
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->