The Great John Hayden Debate (& other ex-Hawks): Volume 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
His game has picked up recently. Provides a solid defensive player with those two stars.

Shooting 31% will do that for you. He's due for a major regression.

He had a couple good games against San Jose, but has otherwise been pretty mediocre. I'm actually really glad the Hawks traded him.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Shooting 31% will do that for you. He's due for a major regression.

He had a couple good games against San Jose, but has otherwise been pretty mediocre. I'm actually really glad the Hawks traded him.
Some are so clueless they think shooting percentage is some completely independent stat lol

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Nobody shoots 31% over a 50+ game stretch. Saad's shooting percentage will absolutely drop as the season goes on. He hasn't really been good, either. His +- is second worst on the team. Have you even watched him?
Just the hawks luck for him to miss every sure goal hes had for us and then go shoot over 30% for the next guys.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Some are so clueless they think scoring on 1 in every 3 shots is sustainable in the best league in the world.

And that's not even in the same hemisphere as some of his terrible takes on here over the years. :laugh:

He's still in here defending Saad... the guy he threw a temper tantrum over when he was traded the first time, saying he was a "super star". :laugh:

The "super star" that has never scored more than 53 points in a season, and has scored over 25 goals exactly once, and is about a .5 ppg player over his career. He's a good player. He's a solid middle 6, two-way forward, on a contender.

I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean.

No one is.

Some of the best goal scorers in the game have a career shooting% of like 13-16%. Imagine thinking Saad could somehow sustain more than 30%. :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Callidusblackhawk

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I liked Saad and was pretty reactionary and upset at the time of the trade....

But with additions like Janmark, Hagel, Kurashev, etc and how hard they’re playing.... he’s really hardly missed. Even as much as I dislike Zadarov so far, the trade has been a net win for us all things considered I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad