The Great John Hayden Debate (& other ex-Hawks): Volume 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I liked Saad and was pretty reactionary and upset at the time of the trade....

But with additions like Janmark, Hagel, Kurashev, etc and how hard they’re playing.... he’s really hardly missed. Even as much as I dislike Zadarov so far, the trade has been a net win for us all things considered I think.
But we aren't leading the league in shots off the posts now

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Saad is a guy I would like to have at crunch time: IF Hawks were a contender and they aren't. Personally, I think he was underrated despite his wooden hands.

I don't think anyone ever underrated him here. Most liked him. Most thought he was a solid two-way player in the top 6, and adds some secondary scoring, and the ability to PK. That's what he is, and that's what most thought of him. When his hands/scoring went downhill, he became more of a 2nd or 3rd line type of guy who is defensively responsible, can PK, and can chip in 40 or so points every year.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I don't think anyone ever underrated him here. Most liked him. Most thought he was a solid two-way player in the top 6, and adds some secondary scoring, and the ability to PK. That's what he is, and that's what most thought of him. When his hands/scoring went downhill, he became more of a 2nd or 3rd line type of guy who is defensively responsible, can PK, and can chip in 40 or so points every year.

I keep hearing the bolded above but fact is Saad has always had wooden hands. His speed gets him chances and if he sticks to simple north/south hockey he gets his share of points.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Keep waiting for them to come back down to earth, but he may be in line for the Adams if they keep playing like this.
Amazed he didnt win it in 2013, makes no sense. MacLean did for having 3 great goalies on call. That 2 of them the team decided to trade away for whatever reason to keep the ever aging Anderson who is still playing. I forgot he signed with Washington after Lundqvist's health issues.

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
That whole phrasing of the allegation just makes it look blatantly like a hit job by a fanatic Putin supporter. I'm not going to take a third party's claim from a decade ago specifically putting beating up a woman on the same level of wrongdoing as opposition to any political figure at face value.

Il Stugotz

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
44 miles from Chicago
Rangers are supporting Panarin:

NEW YORK, February 22, 2021 – The New York Rangers today released the following statement regarding Artemi Panarin:
“Artemi vehemently and unequivocally denies any and all allegations in this fabricated story. This is clearly an intimidation tactic being used against him for being outspoken on recent political events. Artemi is obviously shaken and concerned and will take some time away from the team. The Rangers fully support Artemi and will work with him to identify the source of these unfounded allegations.”

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Rangers are supporting Panarin:

Good. I bet he is actually shaken too.

While this particular story will amount to short term negative PR here in the U.S., he has to worry about the safety of his family in Russia.

If I were him, I’d be trying to get my family out of there as political refugees. But at the same time, that’s his family’s home so it’s not as simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->