The Great John Hayden Debate (& other ex-Hawks): Volume 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Keep waiting for them to come back down to earth, but he may be in line for the Adams if they keep playing like this.

If the Blackhawks squeak into the playoffs with this roster, Colliton will beat him out for it.

Reactions: Pez68

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Good. I bet he is actually shaken too.

While this particular story will amount to short term negative PR here in the U.S., he has to worry about the safety of his family in Russia.

If I were him, I’d be trying to get my family out of there as political refugees. But at the same time, that’s his family’s home so it’s not as simple as that.

If I recall correctly, his grandparents raised him and still live in Russia. I don't know how likely they are to leave. As an aside, Zadorov has supported and liked Panarin's anti-Putin content too, so hopefully he is ok too.

I hope this whole thing isn't worse than laying the ground work for excluding Panarin from the Olympic team. Anyway, not going to hold my breath for guys like Ovechkin and Malkin to stand with him.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
If I recall correctly, his grandparents raised him and still live in Russia. I don't know how likely they are to leave. As an aside, Zadorov has supported and liked Panarin's anti-Putin content too, so hopefully he is ok too.

I hope this whole thing isn't worse than laying the ground work for excluding Panarin from the Olympic team. Anyway, not going to hold my breath for guys like Ovechkin and Malkin to stand with him.

Ya, not easy to convince people to leave the home they know.

Also, it’s pretty stupid to make your Olympic team worse by trying to keep one of the world’s best players off it

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Let's just all agree that Panarin needs to watch his back when he steps foot back in Russia. People die from the weirdest things in that country, like falling out a window onto some bullets or having a heart attack in the closed trunk of your car. Or magically getting poisoned.

Just a very unsafe country if you don't like a particular someone in power.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
My apologies for dipping into the political sphere last night ... I just felt I had to defend the Russian people. No offence intended.
Wishing the Pan Man a speedy recovery from this mess!

Reactions: Muffinalt

Fingers and Toews

PIKA PIKA PIKACHU
Sep 21, 2020
Chicago
Hasn’t played in three years but he did rip up the English league for two years before retiring.

Pavel Vorobiev Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

Pavel Vorobyov at eliteprospects.com

He's actually still playing. For some reason, HockeyDB doesn't have his stats for the last three years. He spent 2018-20 with Gyergoí HK in Erste Liga and he's with Dnepr Kherson in Ukraine this year. I like EliteProspects more than HockeyDB because it gives more complete stats to players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad