The Great Cam Barker Appreciation thread (And former Hawks talk vol 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
I’m actually surprised Bowman doesn’t get more shit for that trade around here.

Not only did Danault turn into a really good player, who would have filled a weakness of ours for 3-4 years…. We got two really bad players in return who did nothing. I want to say they were downright bad and a negative impact on the ice for us.

I just glanced at their stats. I knew they were bad but they were even worse than I remembered.
I was gutted the moment it happened. Shipping out a kid that young with that potential and intangibles is just so stupid.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Firing Q clearly ruined his development

Reuniting with Q saved his career

If only the Hawks still had an NHL coach such as Q

Also Joker would be nice to have right now but of course we know what happened there
Lol he turned down a four million dollar offer from the Sens where he actually rebuilt his career but BWC gonna BWC.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I’m actually surprised Bowman doesn’t get more shit for that trade around here.

Not only did Danault turn into a really good player, who would have filled a weakness of ours for 3-4 years…. We got two really bad players in return who did nothing. I want to say they were downright bad and a negative impact on the ice for us.

I just glanced at their stats. I knew they were bad but they were even worse than I remembered.
Because Bowman rarely gets any shit around here, even if he does it’s followed by an excuse of whatever the Frick sort after that, or it’s McDaddy’s fault if there are no excuses, he can commit murder and still get a pass from his die hard homers. To be fair these days it’s somewhat accepted to criticize him, but some of us have been calling out his pathetic moves for 6+ years since the Saad/AA trade and we have been ridiculed to no end by the regular politically correct pledge aleagatnce to the organization no matter what HF crowd. Now it’s all finally sinking in for them though, it took half a decade plus but they finally slowly coming around and getting it.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Firing Q clearly ruined his development

Reuniting with Q saved his career

If only the Hawks still had an NHL coach such as Q

Also Joker would be nice to have right now but of course we know what happened there

I was really high on Forsling and I caught shot for it so this feels kind of good. Can’t say I told you so because it took awhile.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

So basically 2nd round pick plus salary-out for Leddy. Panik is just a guy, Isles bottom 6 is pretty solid at this point, hard to see him doing much of anything over there.

Not bad. He can probably be a 2nd pairing guy in Detroit for one year, then they can decide whether they want to re-sign him or trade him to a contender for D depth at the deadline.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
It's third liner or AHL with the Isles since their 4th line is carved in stone. He's an AHL'er for them.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
G Forsling, not good enough for our D core but the panthers protect him in the Kraken Draft...

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Why people need to learn to have f***ing PATIENCE with young players.

Especially our management team

Forsling becoming a stud in Florida , Joker establishing himself despite being stuck in god awful buffalo, etc

Dumping Barker and Olsen were only times in which there was enough to see guys sucked and we got something good in trades that saw them depart Hawks

Wonder whatever happened to Olsen it appears his last stop was in ECHL and is now out of hockey

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Forsling becoming a stud in Florida , Joker establishing himself despite being stuck in god awful buffalo, etc

Dumping Barker and Olsen were only times in which there was enough to see guys sucked and we got something good in trades that saw them depart Hawks

Wonder whatever happened to Olsen it appears his last stop was in ECHL and is now out of hockey

Keep in mind Carolina didn't see a use for Forsling, either.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Keep in mind Carolina didn't see a use for Forsling, either.

True but Carolina had pretty deep D and guys like Bean at time looking to crack NHL roster who were ahead of him on depth chart

Bean appears to be most likely Seattle bound as Francis will likely look to reunite with him. Bean is a case of what happens to a prospect when the GM who drafted him is sent packing and new crew doesn't think as highly of you

When I have watched Bean he looks fine and shows some pretty good instincts. But the Canes seemed to not be as invested in him and it was just this year he got his first consistent NHL action

If we didn't have Kalynuk and Beaudin he is a guy I would have had interest in

I think Bean will be great pickup for Seattle IMO if it happens

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Forsling becoming a stud, huh? Right. :sarcasm:

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
TVR was also just protected by Washington in thr expansion draft
yup, Kempny is another guy that was given up on...goes on to play a major role on a cup winning team, Ruuta as well...

the list of D that the hawks have given up on and traded is massive and a big problem

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
yup, Kempny is another guy that was given up on...goes on to play a major role on a cup winning team, Ruuta as well...

the list of D that the hawks have given up on and traded is massive and a big problem

And the guys that haven’t given up on….. :help:

I’ll cut them some slack because for a while we were so lucky to have Keith, Seabrook, and Hammer in their primes all at the same time so we weren’t investing too many high picks on defenseman…. But man, you’d think we’d at least hit on a solid second or third pairing guy at least but even that really hasn’t been the case.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012

Those are all part pieces though that are all at the same level, none were better than 4th most key d on their team guys.

Kempny is the only real major loss of that group because he was just held back by Q but Forsling probably doesn't succeed anywhere but in a Q like zone system

Reactions: Muffinalt

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Massive is a streatch

- Kempy had success in Wash as top 4
- Rutta has been ok 6/7 in TB
- Forsling has emerged as top 4 in Florida
- Joker is well on his way to be top 4 though his career would be best if he could get the hell out of there

That is list of D the Hawks have given up on who have found success elsewhere ,, I guess you can include Holl in Toronto but that was one of those guys find way to get on track and make it down line in career thus living up to potential stories

Clendening , Dahlbeck , Johns , Paliota , Olsen and others all had very limited to no success in NHL

I wouldn't say we gave up on TVR considering he was taken in expansion draft but Stan deserves alot of shit for not moving him ourselves since he had value

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille