Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
The resurgence of Boosh the last month and a half continues, he’s become such a steadying presence back there of late. 87% xGF% last night.
Boosh takes a lot of flack, but he is a really solid bottom pairing Dman. He's good at his role as long as they aren't asking too much from him. Also the big knock on him when he was one of the favorite whipping boys for a few posters (Penalties).... He has 2 penalty minutes in his last 25 games. *knock on wood*

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I love how it's the Leafs failure to execute and not that Buffalo took their ice away, at least reading some of the press after the game.

Dangle heaping praise on Granato outcoaching Keefe is pretty amusing.
Dude you watched the whole video? After 30 seconds I felt like I was in a daycare with all the high pitched screaming and whining.

• Haha
Reactions: Washed Up 29YearOld

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Quinn is gonna be so good. His defensive game and hockey sense is very impressive for a rookie. Nice to also see Peterka getting on the scoresheet with regularity after a long dry spell. That’s an encouraging sign of growth and should help his confidence.

The resurgence of Boosh the last month and a half continues, he’s become such a steadying presence back there of late. 87% xGF% last night.
Peterka put in WORK in the corner on Cozens goal. I haven't seen him get his nose dirty like that in a while.

Also, Thompson had his best game in a while from the games Ive seen. He was a man possessed last night.

Finally, I agree with you in regards to Quinn's defensive game. He's consistently putting himself in good position to block a passing lane. He's a smart kid. There's hardly any doubt in my mind he becomes a top line winger. His rookie year has only reinforced that idea for me. 42 point pace as a rookie? Not bad at all.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
We got a fellowship going. Except with, like, anti-hobbits.

The anti-hobbits:

Frodo = Tage (center of attention, takes abuse, accomplishes most of the mission/production)

Samwise = Tuch (the heart. gets it done in the end)

Merry & Pippin = Samuelsson & Power (Sammy especially seems light hearted and dopey)

The rest of the fellowship:

Gandalf = Dahlin (both wizards)

Gimli = Cozens (anti-dwarf, from far away mountains)

Legolas = Quinn (quick, wiry, deadly accurate)

Aragorn = Girgensons (the grizzled vet who guides the kids)

Boromir = Eichel (he’s a traitor, he’s dead (to us), and he’ll never get that ring).
In this analogy, Olofsson is Smeagle, trying to get his precious playing time while lurking in the shadows of the press box.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Buffalo's defense and passing got better in the 2nd and yet the conversation is from The Center of the Hockey World about the Leaves stopped playing. I see they still don't take the Sabres seriously.
This is always how fandom works: deficit thinking. The deficiency is with the team I like that lost, not that the other team did something right or executed better.

We do it all the time, but in our defense, it usually is their fault.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
This is always how fandom works: deficit thinking. The deficiency is with the team I like that lost, not that the other team did something right or executed better.

We do it all the time, but in our defense, it usually is their fault.

The Sabres ability to turn the puck over unforced is very much a way to short circuit being a fan. :laugh:

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I held off on watching until after the 1st, when I saw it was an actual game at 0-0. Turned on the start of the 2nd and it was 2-0 in three minutes, like a blunt personal message to me that I need to do more with my life. I took that message to heart and watched The Sting (Robert Redford and Paul Newman). Great movie and it filled the hole left in my heart by another poor start from the Sabres. Alas, it came at a cost as I missed a great comeback. I'll get past this.

The Sting is one of those movies I watch probably once a year. Others include:

Godfather & Godfather II
The French Connection
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Groundhog Day
Fletch

Reactions: Sabresfansince1980

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
The Sabres have always acknowledged their fans are split between both WNY and Southern Ontario so they've always played both anthems before games, regardless of the opponent.
Didn’t realize this. Pretty impressive. Buffalo is a great sports city. I’m a Packers fan but I’m hoping the Bills can overcome their run of bad luck. They have the team. The Rodgers saga in GB has got to come to a conclusion. It’s killing the team

Reactions: Dingo44

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Boosh takes a lot of flack, but he is a really solid bottom pairing Dman. He's good at his role as long as they aren't asking too much from him. Also the big knock on him when he was one of the favorite whipping boys for a few posters (Penalties).... He has 2 penalty minutes in his last 25 games. *knock on wood*
It's true for many in our room.. He was probably injured thru first half and now well, he might even be exceeding KA expectations as he thrives inside the right system for him.

The Sting is one of those movies I watch probably once a year. Others include:

Godfather & Godfather II
The French Connection
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Groundhog Day
Fletch
check out the international.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
He had a rough stretch, but I think it was due to injuries

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
Wow! My apologies in advance for a Gif heavy Post:

So excited for you all. It probably didn’t look very optimistic here after the first, understandably.
View attachment 668694

But then..What a comeback by your Boys!

View attachment 668683
View attachment 668684

Tuch & Cozens took over:
View attachment 668692
View attachment 668688

Stick it in my veins

View attachment 668686
and play like it again
View attachment 668685

and a couple of random memes because I’m so pumped for your Team
View attachment 668696

View attachment 668695
I didn't notice donut :laugh:

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I think he was hurt? Very common (in any sport) for a player to get a lot of flack on twitter, but then it turns out he was hurt. Especially in the playoffs, people get reputations they don't necessarily deserve.

Reactions: Chainshot

Moncton man

Jan 11, 2011
Moncton, NB
Agreed Doug

Sometimes we don't think of injuries the same way as fans. Especially with guys on the bubble, do they want to risk reputation as a guy who won't play through injuries and end up as the guy thrown in a deal, or sent down to the minors? Not saying it is this exact situation with Boosh, but not uncommon for guys to muddle through things and hope it doesn't tank their games entirely.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I love how it's the Leafs failure to execute and not that Buffalo took their ice away, at least reading some of the press after the game.

Dangle heaping praise on Granato outcoaching Keefe is pretty amusing.
the funnier part was how he said how the Leafs could be so bad at home ice meanwhile the Sabres terrible home record and their great game against Dallas at home recently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad