GBU The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Tuch It Too 'Em, Buffalo 4-3 over Toronto

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Is there anything Alex Tuch does not do well? Anything. Really anything?

Love Quinner lately. Hoping he's turning a corner and this is his base. Great 200'. Great passing, wicked shot, knows where to be and plays through the NZ and DZ.

Tage could have had a hatty. Lots of great chances. Just didn't bury them tonight.

Stilly is a solid consistent 5/6

Very little D to D passing. Pushing play, pressing in the O and NZ and coming back as a unit to support each other.

Last edited:

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Tuch took over in the 3rd

Power-Joker top pair minutes while Dahls is obviously playing banged up

Stillman-Boosh was solid, exactly what we want from P3

JJ playing well again

Krebs bad on G2

Leafs fans U

Last edited:
Reactions: K8fool

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
To me, this is like the Dumb and Dumber game.

First point is winning this Leafs game after losing four straight.......
giphy.gif

Then you look at the wildcard race.......
giphy.gif

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I thought they did a great job shutting down the Leafs transition through the neutral zone (even in the 1st period, just lacked execution in the offensive zone), unfortunately the 2 times they didn't they got scored on but them's the breaks.

2nd period was one of the best I've seen this team play all year long, and I don't think they've ever played that well while down, something to build on.

Jokiharju was a standout defensively but someone needs to tell him to calm down in the offensive zone, he's never seen a shot he didn't back himself to take (and with a total of 11 goals to his name, he definitely shouldn't).

Boosh and whoever is paired with him continuing to kill their minutes, Stillman once again solid. They had that one horrible blunder but idk, they're 3rd pair guys for a reason, shit happens.

I really really really liked the glimpse we got of Krebs behind the net/Quinn in the bumper setup we got to see on the PP2. More of that please. Speaking of kids, JJ was absolutely flying out there, that's the guy I remember from early on in the season.

Last edited:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Quinn had some wtf moments. The non-shot in the 2nd period before his goal was a head-scratcher.

He also had a chance to chip the puck off the board to get by Reilly with the open net. Thankfully the boys held on, but that should have been the nail in the coffin.
Good learning moment for the young chap.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
hurt and pushing the stone of
Sisyphus.. dragged down by the Stone. a millstone adorneth sir rasmus neck in the latter days of his season. ..pigs into some dogs..

You've gotta be crazy

It does surprise me to see Bryson no longer leading the Masters, but it does not surprise me to see that it's Olofsson who has caught him with a string of birdies and eagles late on Saturday.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I am willing to admit my emotions got the best of me and I turned it off early. I think I still have too much PTSD from the last 11 years and I just expect nothing good to happen. In my defense, I also had to do laundry and I currently live on the 4th floor of a walk up and the landry room is in the basement. So that takes considerable effort/time.
I held off on watching until after the 1st, when I saw it was an actual game at 0-0. Turned on the start of the 2nd and it was 2-0 in three minutes, like a blunt personal message to me that I need to do more with my life. I took that message to heart and watched The Sting (Robert Redford and Paul Newman). Great movie and it filled the hole left in my heart by another poor start from the Sabres. Alas, it came at a cost as I missed a great comeback. I'll get past this.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
I held off on watching until after the 1st, when I saw it was an actual game at 0-0. Turned on the start of the 2nd and it was 2-0 in three minutes, like a blunt personal message to me that I need to do more with my life. I took that message to heart and watched The Sting (Robert Redford and Paul Newman). Great movie and it filled the hole left in my heart by another poor start from the Sabres. Alas, it came at a cost as I missed a great comeback. I'll get past this.
Ahhh so it wasn't my fault, it was YOUR fault!

Reactions: Moncton man

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Thank u Buffalo
You did Canada a favour last night in beating Leafs
Also, I think u fleeced Vegas i the Eichel trade
Didn’t realize another mic failure last night. Good of them to sing your anthem at least. It’s happened a few times now . Nashville returned favour and did Canadian anthem. Pretty good gesture between 2 countries IMO

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Didn’t realize another mic failure last night. Good of them to sing your anthem at least. It’s happened a few times now . Nashville returned favour and did Canadian anthem. Pretty good gesture between 2 countries IMO

Buffalo does both anthems every game regardless of opponent, so I'm sure there won't be any concern with returning the favor. :D

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
I love how it's the Leafs failure to execute and not that Buffalo took their ice away, at least reading some of the press after the game.

Dangle heaping praise on Granato outcoaching Keefe is pretty amusing.
Seems to be the case with most of the top teams when Buffalo beats them. It's never that Buffalo played a better game, or outplayed them. It's always that the other team played down to the Sabres, were tired, or a million other excuses so they don't have to give them credit for simply being the better team last night.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Quinn is gonna be so good. His defensive game and hockey sense is very impressive for a rookie. Nice to also see Peterka getting on the scoresheet with regularity after a long dry spell. That’s an encouraging sign of growth and should help his confidence.

The resurgence of Boosh the last month and a half continues, he’s become such a steadying presence back there of late. 87% xGF% last night.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
B:
- Leafs played completely shut down defense in the first period. The Sabres couldn’t get to the center of the ice in the offensive zone. They could barely even get a shot off. I was having bad thoughts, like maybe the Leafs could get out of the first round this year.

G:
- After the first, the Leafs got bored or something and completely stopped playing defense. I felt a lot better about them losing in the first round again.
Outstanding synopsis!!!!

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!

I'll do this faster and better and more consicely that this balloon bag of hot air.......

The Sabres made 2 defensive errors in the 2nd period that led to Leaf goals and after that shut the Leafs down, turned on their offense using their speed and pin point passing to score 4 unanswered goals. The Leaf's final goal scored in the 3rd was the result of an uncalled holding the stick penalty.

Superb goaltending from the old man in the Sabres net.

Leafs sucked. Sabres triumphed. End of story gasbag.........

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
Stillmarillion

We got a fellowship going. Except with, like, anti-hobbits.

The anti-hobbits:

Frodo = Tage (center of attention, takes abuse, accomplishes most of the mission/production)

Samwise = Tuch (the heart. gets it done in the end)

Merry & Pippin = Samuelsson & Power (Sammy especially seems light hearted and dopey)

The rest of the fellowship:

Gandalf = Dahlin (both wizards)

Gimli = Cozens (anti-dwarf, from far away mountains)

Legolas = Quinn (quick, wiry, deadly accurate)

Aragorn = Girgensons (the grizzled vet who guides the kids)

Boromir = Eichel (he’s a traitor, he’s dead (to us), and he’ll never get that ring).

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00