Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Foligno Hop

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Good:
Mojo has the ability fill that role we were worried about so much. But...
Dahlin. His strength regimen this summer paid off he is going toe to toe with Nick Foligno and handling it. Needs to curb his temper. Cost two penalties but not complaining yet.
Skinner sighting.
Goaloffson is a weapon.
Miller looked good
Got a point
Linus kept us in it.

Bad:
Jack. Need better.
Defense sans Dahlin and Risto.
Vesey. The rumblings from the summer should be getting louder. He looks too slow to play with the line he is on and there really is no other options.
The Vlad experiment has run its course. He tries. He cares. He simply doesn’t add anything to Jeff and Mojo. It is almost like being short handed.

Ugly:
Nothing it is only game 3. Shake it off Habs coming to town.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Did Reinhart even play tonight?

G:
- Dahlin (with the exception of a couple of shifts)
- VO's shot
- Getting a point we didn't deserve
- Line 4

B:
- We got outplayed heavily
- Scandella, McCabe, Jokiharju, Mittelstadt, Sobotka, Vesey

U:
- Eichel's turnover

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I think the top line needs a shakeup as well..just not a lot going for them so far.

The only line I really want to touch atm is Erod in for Vesey. I'd actually like to leave the lines alone for a while, let the chemistry build. No one except Sobotka is wildly out of where they should be.

Reactions: joshjull

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
I'd put E-Rod in for Sobotka. Vesey was the least bad part of his line.....he's certainly tenacious on the boards. He might be a really nice fit with MoJo and Skinner.
I'd like this very much. Get some fresh legs going before we go west and force him into a game. Give Vesey or Sheary a shot now. Only thing you lose with Vlad is PK, which didn't look good with him.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Olofsson amd Johansson are real deal players.

Joker and Miller are quality top 6 defensemen.

Wild cards for the rest of the year.
-Can Mitts become an impact player. If he can they have a real shot at the playoffs and being dangerous.
-Will Asplund, Erod and Tage get the chance and succeed with replacing Sobotka, Vesey.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Good:
Ralph Kruegers post game interview
The man knows his words!
Collin Miller was a great pickup

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
There is no way to "shake-up" the first line. You don't have another RW, your 2nd line C is doing spot duty, and only an idiot would change VO

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Olofsson amd Johansson are real deal players.

Joker and Miller are quality top 6 defensemen.

Wild cards for the rest of the year.
-Can Mitts become an impact player. If he can they have a real shot at the playoffs and being dangerous.
-Will Asplund, Erod and Tage get the chance and succeed with replacing Sobotka, Vesey.
Not 100% sold on Joker yet. Not his potential but his current play. Incredible first pass and can move the puck beautifully. But in our end with pressure or against physical play he is a mess quite frequently.

Reactions: Zman5778

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad