Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The Good:

- Salvaging a point.
- PP production continues.
- Pushing back in a game they were down by 2 and getting buried.
- Ullmark was on point tonight.
- Skinner steal was nice.
- I liked some individual plays: Mitts early backchecking, MJ with a number of strong entries, Larry's line early (particularly KO).

The Bad:

- Scandella did himself no favors.
- Didn't like the call that lead to the 3rd CBJ goal.
- Didn't like the call that lead to the 3rd Buffalo goal.
- Invisible to guys like Vesey and Sheary.

The Ugly:

- That game ending turnover. Good work from Nic but that is a dagger play.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Just wanted to stop in and say, damn Nick Folingo. Damn him. Helluva player. The guy has to be averaging like 3 points per game in games against us.

EDIT: Hopefully Krueger can bust out some of his patented motivation to get these guys back on track next game. Columbus had all the momentum tonight.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Good:
Ullmark
Dahlin's skating
Power Play
28/22/21

Bad:
Penalty Kill
Scandella/Joker got caved in
43/37/13....also caved in.

Ugly:
That turnover in OT by Jack. Yeah, maybe he was gassed. Still have to do better

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
G
Dahlin
Larsson
Okposo
Girgensons
Miller
Ullmark
Seth Jones
We came back and got a point

B
Interference Grinding, a heavy team special
Couldn't get our speed going

U
Eichel, all night, not just OT

Onto Montreal; wake up Jack, time to play with pace. You can't slow everything down all the time.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Missed the first, enjoyed the second, was distracted for the third.

Despite that, I clearly remember a shift where Scandella had 2 giveaways, which led to extended pressure by the Jackets. No bueno.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Very bad game. Vesey and Joker so far they do not live up to expectations, Scandella should not be on the team, but he is still on the team, as well as some other players.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
I dont remember CBJ PP goal, I blacked out after Scandella rung it around the boards to the Jackets guy, I woke up it was 3-2

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I do want to see how they respond. Seems like the Jackets did some of the same things in this that they did in preseason. Yes, they got a point, and at the same time, this one is going to be a bitter pill.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I do want to see how they respond. Seems like the Jackets did some of the same things in this that they did in preseason. Yes, they got a point, and at the same time, this one is going to be a bitter pill.

I want to see how Kruger responds, specifically. Scandella/Joker had an abysmal game. Let's see if he makes any changes or keeps status quo.

Reactions: Chainshot

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
What the hell is Gilmour sitting in a press box while Scandella is playing? He cannot simply throw the puck out in the minority, no one even bothers him to do this. Well, his shots at the opponent’s feet are just something with something.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I want to see how Kruger responds, specifically. Scandella/Joker had an abysmal game. Let's see if he makes any changes or keeps status quo.

Yeah, that pair didn't fare well and neither did Mitts' line. They can't afford to have small/ineffective players on a line that generates nothing good again.

Reactions: Zman5778

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Good;
A point
Tying the game
Dahlin was great
Best and most consistent through the 1st 3 games
Olis tying goal
Linus!!!
The Larsson line was the only one sustaining pressure and ozone time through all periods and not getting owned through the Jackets physical play
Bad:
Eichel needs to be better and more consistent that lazy sequence at the end cost us the game.
Skinner had a rough 1st period and redeemed himself
Ugly:
Scandella is super bad please get him out of here!
Vesey isn't even worth a 7th rounder

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
G:
- Nabbed a point
- Goalofsson gonna goal
- Dahlin is a hockey magician
- Mojo was such a good pick-up this summer

B:
- Scandella
- Just wasn't clicking tonight---passes were off by that much, guys were a half-step late getting on their checking assignment---and Columbus pounced on it
- Eich's game-ending turnover

All in all, Columbus was hungry and they worked harder. 82 is a lot of games, and every team is gonna have some duds in there. Gotta regroup and get back at it. I'm really curious to see how Kreuger gets them to respond for the next one.

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
Ullmark was stellar tonight and stealing a point was fantastic. Right from the jump I felt like it wasn’t going to be our night. Looking forward to see what lineup decisions Krueger makes on Wednesday. Erod and Gilmour should draw in. 3 games is enough sample size for your opening night lineup.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Scandella didnt play the last 6 minutes so it's not like they aren't paying attention

Worried about the PK as well, needs some tweaking

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->