Blue Jays Discussion: The Good News: ALCS. the Bad News: More Harold Reynolds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebel111*

but we still forced it in to extras

And???
You need to quit being ignorant. We basically threw away that game, no luck about it. But sure we can just say this team sucks. You take away 2 innings, and we win 2 games.
We didn't get lucky because baseball is all about momentum. Rangers lost it after those errors and lost because of it.

Maybe we can say Royals are lucky they won game 2?

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
A lifetime cricket follower having just started following baseball the only difference I see between Jays and their opponents is that when Jays are at the bat with bases stolen the incoming batter inability to hit the ball in the gaps. Where their opponents are able hit the gaps and score runs.

mikebel111*

Trash happens in games. It's part of it
One thing I know about this team they don't give up.
Sure they didn't give up after dalling behind 2-0 to Texas

But yes this team sucks!!!!!!!!!

mikebel111*

A lifetime cricket follower having just started following baseball the only difference I see between Jays and their opponents is that when Jays are at the bat with bases stolen the incoming batter inability to hit the ball in the gaps. Where their opponents are able hit the gaps and score runs.

Yeah I watch Cricket too
The Jays do at times do their best Shahid Afridi impression!!!!

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
The game was lost by all the runners the offense stranded not by Goins or Price.
Price was excellent.

Price was excellent through 6 innings.
But then terrible in the 7th.
Which to me adds up to an overall average performance.

But those six innings were promising. Shows that he can be his regular season dominating self in the postseason.
There's a good chance he'll be excellent if he has another start this post season.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Price was excellent through 6 innings.
But then terrible in the 7th.
Which to me adds up to an overall average performance.

But those six innings were promising. Shows that he can be his regular season dominating self in the postseason.
There's a good chance he'll be excellent if he has another start this post season.

for him. in the postseason. u cant just forget that 7th inning and be like oh just one bad inning, otherwise its all good. that might carry to him for his next start( potentially if they make it past game 5).

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Missing Travis is huge. Guy would've been such an asset and Saunders could be useful.

not really. saunders is pretty much useless on this team now and goins has made amazing defensive plays that have saved runs that travis wouldnt make

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto

That is pretty much the definition of the first two games. The Royals hit .400 with RISP and the Jays hit .133.

Is that a sustainable stat? Probably not, but the one actual 2015 Royals narrative that holds true is their ability to hit with RISP and 2 outs (.278 avg vs .243 for the Jays).

Giuseppe Sallo

ELE-VAT-ED
Apr 20, 2007
Back to L.A
twitter.com
Stop hating on Price. 1 hit in 6 innings, then a flukey play happens, it's part of sports. Houston went threw it and it cost them.

We just gotta OWN these 3 at home -- make em pay! The crowd gotta get cueto frazzled. Let them know who runs the 6ix!

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
not really. saunders is pretty much useless on this team now and goins has made amazing defensive plays that have saved runs that travis wouldnt make

Please explain how Saunders is useless. He is a better defender than Revere and has a better bat. So that makes him useless, eh? Travis also wouldn't be complete shit with the bat. Plus, I'd advise you take a look at Travis' defensive stats...

mikebel111*

Please explain how Saunders is useless. He is a better defender than Revere and has a better bat. So that makes him useless, eh? Travis also wouldn't be complete shit with the bat. Plus, I'd advise you take a look at Travis' defensive stats...

After watching Travis, I cant see the D issues that some said he had coming into the season. His talent with the bat has shined which was projected, but his D has been good-great as well, not on Goins level but still very good defensive 2B

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Travis»»»»Goins. RG is quite the defensive stud but can't hit.

Saunders can definitely be dependable.

agree with u on that, goins can only draw walks ocasionally but defense would win u games in the post season, even though goins ****** on the fly ball

revere gives up much needed speed and contact, something we lack a lot, saunders isnt much of a contact hitter (career .233 hitter i think) and we dont need more hr batters

mikebel111*

agree with u on that, goins can only draw walks ocasionally but defense would win u games in the post season, even though goins ****** on the fly ball

revere gives up much needed speed and contact, something we lack a lot, saunders isnt much of a contact hitter (career .233 hitter i think) and we dont need more hr batters

and Saundars is still a better hitter than Revere, dont let his high average fool you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad