Blue Jays Discussion: The Good News: ALCS. the Bad News: More Harold Reynolds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Front Office, Coaches, variants, and overflow
Jays15PO-Anthopoulos1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Anthopoulos2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Gibbons.gif
Alex Anthopoulos #1 | Alex Anthopoulos #2 |John Gibbons
Jays15PO-Donaldson3.gif
|
Jays15PO-Donaldson4.gif
|
Jays15PO-Encarnacion3.gif
|
Jays15PO-Pillar3.gif
|
Jays15PO-Pillar4.gif
Donaldson (slide) | Donaldson (catch) | Encarnacion (wing) | Pillar (scale the wall) | Pillar (Superman)

Jays15PO-Bautista3.gif
|
Jays15PO-Bautista4.gif

Bautista (bat flip)|Bautista (flip close)

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Jays15PO-Bautista1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Bautista2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Buehrle1a.gif
|
Jays15PO-Buehrle2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Carrera1.gif

Jose Bautista #1|Jose Bautista #2|Mark Buehrle #1|Mark Buehrle #2|Eziquiel Carrera #1

Jays15PO-Carrera2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Cecil1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Cecil2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Colabello1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Colabello2.gif

Eziquiel Carrera #2|Brett Cecil #1|Brett Cecil #2|Chris Colabello #1|Chris Colabello #2

Jays15PO-Dickey1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Dickey2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Donaldson1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Donaldson2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Encarnacion1.gif

R.A. Dickey #1|R.A. Dickey #2|Josh Donaldson #1|Josh Donaldson #2| Edwin Encarnacion #1

Jays15PO-Encarnacion2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Estrada1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Estrada2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Goins1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Goins2.gif
Edwin Encarnacion #2 |Marco Estrada #1|Marco Estrada #2|Ryan Goins #1|Ryan Goins #2

Jays15PO-Hawkins1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Hawkins2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Hendriks1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Hendriks2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Hutchison1.gif

LaTroy Hawkins #1|LaTroy Hawkins #2|Liam Hendriks #1|Liam Hendriks #2|Drew Hutchison #1

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Jays15PO-Hutchison2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Kawasaki1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Kawasaki2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Loup1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Loup2.gif

Drew Hutchison #2| Munenori Kawasaki #1 | Munenori Kawasaki #2 |Aaron Loup #1|Aaron Loup #2

Jays15PO-Lowe1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Lowe2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Martin1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Martin2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Navarro1.gif

Mark Lowe #1|Mark Lowe #2|Russell Martin #1|Russell Martin #2|Dioner Navarro #1

Jays15PO-Navarro2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Osuna1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Osuna2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Pennington1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Pennington2.gif

Dioner Navarro #2|Roberto Osuna #1|Roberto Osuna #2|Cliff Pennington #1|Cliff Pennington #2

Jays15PO-Pillar1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Pillar2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Pompey1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Pompey2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Price1.gif

Kevin Pillar #1|Kevin Pillar #2|Dalton Pompey #1|Dalton Pompey #2|David Price #1

Jays15PO-Price2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Revere1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Revere2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Sanchez1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Sanchez2.gif

David Price #2|Ben Revere #1|Ben Revere #2|Aaron Sanchez #1|Aaron Sanchez #2

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Jays15PO-Smoak1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Smoak2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Stroman1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Stroman2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Tepera1.gif

Justin Smoak #1|Justin Smoak #2|Marcus Stroman #1|Marcus Stroman #2|Ryan Tepera #1

Jays15PO-Tepera2.gif
|
Jays15PO-Tulowitzki1.gif
|
Jays15PO-Tulowitzki2.gif

Ryan Tepera #2|Troy Tulowitzki #1|Troy Tulowitzki #2

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
What's lost in this whole game was the defensive efforts by the Jays. Goins made two insane stabs at second base, Donaldson made a crazy barehanded play where he crossed the entire infield to throw out Deshields (?), Martin throwing out Andrus at third with a great tag by Donaldson and then of course Pillar going full Superman again

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
I don't mind Reynolds. Tells it how he sees it and actually provides meaningful commentary. Not fluff like Tabler.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Did anyone else question where their life went wrong when a 24 year old started game 5 of the ALDS to be relieved by a 22 year old and then closed out by a 20 year old?

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
What's lost in this whole game was the defensive efforts by the Jays. Goins made two insane stabs at second base, Donaldson made a crazy barehanded play where he crossed the entire infield to throw out Deshields (?), Martin throwing out Andrus at third with a great tag by Donaldson and then of course Pillar going full Superman again

yeah both plays were massive. if Josh doesn't throw DeShields out there's guys on first and 3rd with 1 out. Goins gets a guy out instead of runners on 1st and 2nd with none out.

By the way Osuna is $$$$. What a kid man what a kid. 20 years old and dominated

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto

Yes, I am glad this is being highlighted.

Has been unsung for the most part because of the huge HR.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Did anyone else question where their life went wrong when a 24 year old started game 5 of the ALDS to be relieved by a 22 year old and then closed out by a 20 year old?

I questioned my life when the Leafs signed Dubas because that was a job i (theoretically) could do.

superstar youngsters are a norm ;)

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
A caller on Brady and Walker just said he recorded all five games and watched every one of Choo's at bats. He claims that was the only at bat that he held his bat out front like that while getting ready for the next pitch. And claims it was an intentional attempt to deflect the ball to score the run.

Some people have a lot of time on their hands...

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I don't mind Reynolds. Tells it how he sees it and actually provides meaningful commentary. Not fluff like Tabler.

Reynolds is ok I guess but when he starts running his mouth and doesn't know when to shut up he says some of the dumbest things a person can say. If he just stuck to the game he'd be fine

maplehawk

HFB Partner
The runner was on his way home when it was called dead, so they probably made the decision on what would have happened had the ump not called it that way. There was absolutely no way the Jays would have made the out.

is that not a real dangerous precedent to set though - guessing about what would've happened during the play?

considering the bottom of the inning saw three consecutive horrific errors - who would've guessed that? perhaps odor trips and falls before making it to the plate?

the whole way it was handled was just so bad.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada

Reynolds grew on me as the series went on and I like how the American announcers knew their stuff about Jays players. I remember past playoff years when the big announcers would arrive for the playoffs and it was clear they hadn't paid any attention to the Jays all season long.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
A caller on Brady and Walker just said he recorded all five games and watched every one of Choo's at bats. He claims that was the only at bat that he held his bat out front like that while getting ready for the next pitch. And claims it was an intentional attempt to deflect the ball to score the run.

Some people have a lot of time on their hands...

thing is I could see why Martin and the team had an issue with Choo. If Choo wanted to fix something, then step out. I'm not sure I'd say he did it on purpose to get Martin to do what he did but if I'm MLB i'm looking at that rule and fixing it a bit in the winter.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Reynolds grew on me as the series went on and I like how the American announcers knew their stuff about Jays players. I remember past playoff years when the big announcers would arrive for the playoffs and it was clear they hadn't paid any attention to the Jays all season long.

I was quite surprised at how much love Reynolds was showing some of our players. He really likes Goins and Pillar.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I think the only thing that would have been been about the Bautista was if Buck was calling the game. "Swing and a drive" would have never have sounded sweeter.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario

He's called Bautista a free swinger on multiple occasions and has said that he's the least disciplined at the plate out of EE, Donny and Bats.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I think the only thing that would have been been about the Bautista was if Buck was calling the game. "Swing and a drive" would have never have sounded sweeter.

I wonder how many "swing and drive" announcements he would've made in this series. He's bound to get a few right lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad