The GM Mode Prospect Thread

AlasdairXIV

Apr 10, 2015
I have a question for those of you on next gen that have played ~5 or more seasons. How do the Red Wings' prospects progress? I think many of them are criminally underrated, but that's neither here nor there. I know Mantha becomes a first liner, but what about the others (Ouellet, Sproul, Tatar, Sheahan, Jurco, Athanasiou, Pulkkinen, and Nastasiuk specifically)? Thanks in advance.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
any good goaltenders coming out of the first draft?? I'm going to trade Subban away because I have Rask for the next 5 years or so; and just want to have someone in the pipeline that might be good enough to take his place by then.

Also, does anyone know how David Pastranak turns out?? I acquired Justin Williams and Tom Wilson at the deadline; so I have him skating the top line in Providence this year; hopeful he can bump into the top 9 next season when Williams leaves.

Subban is probably the non-EA generated goaltender in the game. There's no use drafting another goaltender if you have him.

He's one of the players who is set to boom. He develops into an elite goalie within 2-4 seasons.

l Bruins l

Jan 13, 2014
Brockton MA
I need help deciding on a trade. GMC season 1, i have been offered Byfuglien for Marchand even. I have the regular roster, except i got Demers on defense and Burns up front. I am tossed back and forth with it. Marchand is 3 years younger, they are both 86, comparable contracts. Any advise?

ThorNton Apologist

Jumbo needs a cup
Oct 1, 2006
Cali
I need help deciding on a trade. GMC season 1, i have been offered Byfuglien for Marchand even. I have the regular roster, except i got Demers on defense and Burns up front. I am tossed back and forth with it. Marchand is 3 years younger, they are both 86, comparable contracts. Any advise?

Take that deal. With Burns and Byfuglien you would destroy a team physically in a 7 game series

AlasdairXIV

Apr 10, 2015
I have a question for those of you on next gen that have played ~5 or more seasons. How do the Red Wings' prospects progress? I think many of them are criminally underrated, but that's neither here nor there. I know Mantha becomes a first liner, but what about the others (Ouellet, Sproul, Tatar, Sheahan, Jurco, Athanasiou, Pulkkinen, and Nastasiuk specifically)? Thanks in advance.

No input?

Liltimmer094

Nov 30, 2013
I drafted a goalie in the 2017 draft 17th overall named Leonard Bouck. Drafted him with medium NHL starter potential and a 64 overall. 2 years in he is now medium elite potential, 81 overall with a backup role. He's 21 years old.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
I'm in year 3 of a gm mode with the Oilers

Martin Marincin is 87 OVR with "high" Elite potential
Oscar Klefbom is 85 OVR with "mediaum" elite potential
Leon Draisaitl is 80 OVR with "medium" franchise potential
Connor McDavid is 83 OVR with "high" elite potential
Nail Yakupov, while only 85 OVR has insane offensive skills: 97 Deking, 93 Speed, 90 Wrist shot accuracy/power

Can't wait until I have to try to resign all of those guys coming off ELC's, along with Hall (90), RNH (90) and Eberle (90) coming off their bridge contracts :help:

MiniNinja

Pasta the Pastrnak
Dec 4, 2014
Haha, found Julio Billia where I had boosted him at a 82 ovr 4.5 green star in free agency. He is now a 91 overall an my backup is Devin Williams who I got in free agency and is now a 88 ovr.

LateFirstRounder

Mar 13, 2015
Chicago
What advice do you guys have for the first draft? I can get pretty much any pick, but I'm gonna grab Connor McDavid at first overall. Anyone else I should pick up?

PredsForPresidents

Dec 31, 2014
British Columbia
BOOM- Dennis Yan 4 1/2 gold
Went around 6, traded up with my 15' first and Jussi Jokinen. In his rookie year he put up 20 goals on the 3rd line at 82 overall, rookie season. Takes 1-2 years to get to the team, but once he's there he rocks it. He's not small, but FAST, with 99 wrist shot power. In year 4 He is my top line LW at 87 overall.
Just because he's computer generated, doesn't mean he should be overlooked.

MiniNinja

Pasta the Pastrnak
Dec 4, 2014
BOOM- Dennis Yan 4 1/2 gold
Went around 6, traded up with my 15' first and Jussi Jokinen. In his rookie year he put up 20 goals on the 3rd line at 82 overall, rookie season. Takes 1-2 years to get to the team, but once he's there he rocks it. He's not small, but FAST, with 99 wrist shot power. In year 4 He is my top line LW at 87 overall.
Just because he's computer generated, doesn't mean he should be overlooked.

Dennis Yan isn't computer generated....I have an autograph of him and met him in person. He plays in the QMJHL for the cataracts(If i spelled right)

LateFirstRounder

Mar 13, 2015
Chicago
Dennis Yan isn't computer generated....I have an autograph of him and met him in person. He plays in the QMJHL for the cataracts(If i spelled right)
Is his potential that good in real life? And does it fluctuate in the game?

Defensemen and goalies I can get in the first round. Tell me. :)

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
I remember in NHL 14 finding a 20 y/o, 5 green star (!!!!!), 65 ovr goalie named Karel Krajicek in Free Agency. Went 1st overall to Anaheim in 2018(?). I was buzzing. I snagged him up, and he became my starting goalie for 15+ years. Got up to 96 overall, won countless awards (I think he won 2 or 3 Conn Smythes) with some ridiculous stats over his entire career.

Haven't had anything like that in 15 yet, but that was definitely tops for a steal in GM mode.

MiniNinja

Pasta the Pastrnak
Dec 4, 2014
Is his potential that good in real life? And does it fluctuate in the game?

Defensemen and goalies I can get in the first round. Tell me. :)

I feel like they have overdid for say with Yan. He is a point per game guy in the QMJHL yet when you draft him in NHL 15 he maybe gets up to early 80's. Sometimes he can go up to 88 ovr if you wait and with luck 90 ovr. The highest he has ever been for me is 91 ovr after 7 years. Lowest was 5 years in a 76 ovr.......It's a gamble you could say:(

MiniNinja

Pasta the Pastrnak
Dec 4, 2014
Who are the best players in this years draft other than McDavid and Barzal?

Goalies! I stress it, but it is a gamble. Goalies are like russian roulette only in the draft:laugh: I suggest maybe like a Travis Konecny, Daniel Sprong, Ryan Pilon, Dylan Strome

Buckwheat

Jan 15, 2010
NY
How has goaltender Austin Lotz been for anyone else who has seen him or had him. The first GM I did this year he turned out to be 86-87 overall 5 or so years in but in the Sharks GM I'm doing now he's only made it to 81 overall and his potential is still med NHL Starter. Been stuck at 81 for 2-3 years now and I don't want to roll with essentially a backup trying to push for the playoffs.

He's usually a first round pick in the year one draft btw.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad